22:14, Sat 6 Jan
If you eat at a Restaurant near the Pantheon you will pay extortionate prices. A few minutes walk away is the miscellane

[www.miscellaneapub.com]

The decor is basic but great food at sensible prices.
23:40, Sat 6 Jan
Capuchin Crypt is amazing. Never seen anything like it. Great city, loads to see. Enjoy yourself.
10:48, Sun 7 Jan
Try and go to Doria Pamphilli Gallery especilly after dark

Re the Collosseum I got my ticket from their official site here
[www.coopculture.it]

Paid a bit more to access the arena and floor areas (Sort of like walking out of the tunnel to the pitch at a football stadium!)
11:25, Sun 7 Jan
Kimber
Try and go to Doria Pamphilli Gallery especilly after dark

Re the Collosseum I got my ticket from their official site here
[www.coopculture.it]

Paid a bit more to access the arena and floor areas (Sort of like walking out of the tunnel to the pitch at a football stadium!)

The official site for the colosseum is changing from next month. It's being moved to a different company so I'll have to wait for that to happen and then buy.

I never have difficulty planning holidays and things to do but I'm struggling with this one. Gonna try and sort most of it today hopefully.
15:42, Sun 7 Jan
Inspired by this post I have just booked a long weekend in Rome myself! I’ve been there a few times before but not for a while and a few days there in the Spring is just what I need!
16:27, Sun 7 Jan
I've got 3 full days and I'm thinking it may not be enough.
16:35, Sun 7 Jan
It won’t be.
18:03, Sun 7 Jan
I'll have to leave the Irish pubs till next time then.
20:36, Sun 7 Jan
I haven’t been in some time but if it hasn’t already been suggested I would spend a couple of hours/half a day wandering around Rione Monti if you have the time. It’s in the city centre of Rome and pretty easily accessible (15 min walk from the Colosseum) but there are generally very little tourists in this area.

There are lots of cheap bars/restaurants, I’d definitely recommend eating here as in my opinion the food/experience will be more authentic than eating in the tourist traps.

Also lots of culture/history to take in. The Markets and Baths of Trajan, Michelangelo’s Moses and The ancient ruins of the Roman Forum are all in Monti.

Enjoy!
20:52, Sun 7 Jan
Nice one.

Was trying to book stuff earlier but tickets not on sale this far in advance. I'm stopping a 2 minute walk from the pantheon so everything looks within walking distance. Not sure how I'll get on with the food, don't really like pizza or pasta so 4 nights of spag bol I reckon.
21:10, Sun 7 Jan
You do know what spaghetti is made of?
What did the Knights in White satin?
21:22, Sun 7 Jan
Coda alla vaccinara (oxtail stew) - thank me later
22:19, Sun 7 Jan
Tall
You do know what spaghetti is made of?

Yeah I know it's a form of pasta but I mean the likes of fusilli, penne,Fettuccine etc
22:28, Sun 7 Jan
I'm just baffled how someone could not like Italian food such as pizza and pasta. If it wasn't for the worry that I wld finish up the size of Me Creosote I would eat it 3 times a day.
22:50, Sun 7 Jan
I'll eat pizza if there's nothing else available id just rather not.