15:26, Sat 6 Jan
Ticket for the Colosseum also gets you the Forum. Do the Forum first, less queueing.

Book in advance for the Vatican.

V***a Borghese in the north, despite the name, worth a mooch. Etruscan Museum gives you an idea of the pre-Roman Romans.

Quirky thing: near the Spanish Steps, on the Via Condotti, is a building called the Palazzo Malta. Take a look, as some nations consider that an independent state - the Sovereign Military Order of Malta. There is a bigger palace that's also part of the SMOM territory, the Priorato di Malta, by the Tiber, but it's slightly off the tourist trap, and has been under scaffolding for years.

Pantheon is one of the greatest buildings in the world, 1,500 years ahead of its time. An indictment of how Christianity took learning back centuries.

And pop on the metro for Cinecittà. Cinema theme park but also rare examples of art deco (given most of them were demolished in a fit of wiping Mussolini from the history books).
I may be wrong, but I’m sure the Vatican, Sistine Chapel etc. is free on Sundays. Big queues obviously, and there is a strict cut-off time (12 midday?), but certainly worth a Google. Every £ counts in Rome, trust me.
15:35, Sat 6 Jan
We got a tour for Colleseum ... well worth it as included tour of palentine hill.
Go to the vatican museum ... we did nor get a tour but took our time looking at works by all sorts of great artists. Cistine Chapel is magnificent ... also walk!!! Rome is not that big in grand scheme of things and get to see a lot more by getting the local map and walking the routes :)
I’d rather spend and dodge the crowds as best possible. Might not get many chances to see Rome (my last visit was by accident) so for me it’s worth spending to get longer at e.g. the Vatican Museum.
16:21, Sat 6 Jan
Try the via appia, the main Roman road out of the city. No cost apart from a tram ride. The ancient tombs are fascinating and it’s also the site of the crucifixion of Spartacus and his followers. Plenty of history
17:15, Sat 6 Jan
Cheers everyone, keep em coming.
17:47, Sat 6 Jan
Ruben leftarse cheek
Try the via appia, the main Roman road out of the city. No cost apart from a tram ride. The ancient tombs are fascinating and it’s also the site of the crucifixion of Spartacus and his followers. Plenty of history

This sounds quality
17:55, Sat 6 Jan
This restaurant is worth a visit. Amazing pizza and pasta.

[maps.app.goo.gl]
17:57, Sat 6 Jan
Have a pint at the Piazza del Popolo and watch the world go by. 2 mins from Spanish Steps.
17:59, Sat 6 Jan
I always recommend San Clemente Basilica Church, a few blocks from the Colleseum. It’s my favourite place in Rome. Google it!
18:10, Sat 6 Jan
Thongs
Have a pint at the Piazza del Popolo and watch the world go by. 2 mins from Spanish Steps.

Doesn't sound Irish enough
18:12, Sat 6 Jan
[www.tripadvisor.co.uk]

Also a trip up the Cupola is recommended (well a climb!!!)
19:02, Sat 6 Jan
Homer
SteveB69
Ribeye
Thought I'd get this in before the match and before this board is awash with Tony Mowbray the whole of next week.

Going to Rome for the first time in March for 4 nights.

Planning the Colosseum, pantheon, Trevi fountain, Spanish steps, the Vatican.

Anything I've missed? Any tips?
Could do with help on what colosseum tickets to book there seems like 50 odd variations. Hoping to book things tomorrow so it's all sorted.

Well worth a walk over to the Vatican City as well. We were there around Easter one year and the square was packed and we were lucky enough to see the Pope pop out of his window. I’m no wat religious but if felt special to be able to experience that. A walk along the banks of the Tiber is worth it as well.

If you go on a Saturday evening,he comes out and reads the football results.

🤣🤣
21:59, Sat 6 Jan
Went I went to Rome admittedly a few years back you could buy a ticket for the vatican where you went in without queuing. It was well worth the money the queues were massive.