11:58, Wed 24 Jan
I'm sorry that this one isn't about the day trip to Leicester but I know how much SHAers love a chat about alcohol.

How much beer would anyone need to drink at night to go into work smelling of ale the next day? Could it be a sensible amount; say 2-3 cans or would it have to be something a little more session-y like 8 pints. I'm not interested how much you lot drink, just the people you whiff.
STD
12:00, Wed 24 Jan
Depends if people wash and brush their teeth, typically a prolonged exposure is how you get the booze smell but 3-4 pints without hygiene will do it as well

Snitch on the prick and take their job
Moist
12:01, Wed 24 Jan
How do you know they didn’t have some for breakfast?
12:02, Wed 24 Jan
Lots of factors really. Is the person doing the smelling acutely sensitive to alcohol because they don't drink? could be on their clothes? quite hard to say , but i think a sensitive and discreet conversation with the employee from a manager is the way to go.
12:04, Wed 24 Jan
Brush your teeth, change your clothes and have a coffee or tea.
Something to eat will help as well.
12:05, Wed 24 Jan
Sheep2
Brush your teeth, change your clothes and have a coffee or tea.
Something to eat will help as well.

🤣
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
12:07, Wed 24 Jan
I would honestly say I've been aware it smells on me the next day when I've had a skinful and other days when I've had more it doesn't.

Wish I knew the science.
12:10, Wed 24 Jan
Unshaven, wearing the same clothes and reeking of booze is not the best look.
But it depends how often it is and the age of the person.

I don't think the occasional big night out should be seen as a problem. Unless the person is doing a job that actually requires sobriety to be safe.
Bhx
12:11, Wed 24 Jan
STD
STD
Depends if people wash and brush their teeth, typically a prolonged exposure is how you get the booze smell but 3-4 pints without hygiene will do it as well

Has op established what football team they support yet?
STD
12:17, Wed 24 Jan
Bhx
WomTagner
STD

Has op established what football team they support yet?

Rooney has gone now it's fine
Moist
12:18, Wed 24 Jan
Charcy
I would honestly say I've been aware it smells on me the next day when I've had a skinful and other days when I've had more it doesn't.

Wish I knew the science.
My science is to not get close enough to a weirdo at work to be able to smell their breath.
Tony Fantastico
12:19, Wed 24 Jan
They're all at it in the mail room I've seen Elf.
12:20, Wed 24 Jan
Yep, could be out of character and a reason they’ve had a drop.

Blimey ten years ago it was quite normal to go for 3/4 at lunch time on a Friday
12:21, Wed 24 Jan
Grasses and snobs everywhere now
Tony Fantastico
12:22, Wed 24 Jan
Charcy
They're all at it in the mail room I've seen Elf.
2m rule still for when possible
Tony Fantastico