12:47, Sun 5 May
IanT
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
IanT
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
IanT
As tiresome as it is I think you've got to let it play out.

It's a very natural response seeing as it's gone so spectacularly wrong, and it won't stop being talked about until there's real signs that we're moving forward again.

Nah. It’s going to end up like Rowett if we don’t stop.

You won't be able to stop it.

You can't pretend it didn't happen.

There hasn’t been an original thought on the topic for months.

Do the separate forum idea. Any post about Eustace is moved there. The dullard echo chamber can talk to each other and it will stop in a week.

Do you want to get involved in setting that up and being responsible for running it?

No, of course you don't.

I love it when you admonish me Ian. It’s really alluring. 😉
12:47, Sun 5 May
His folks live down the road from me, I don't look forward to seeing him smiling his way around this summer but he has every right to feel he has come out of this in a far better position.
12:49, Sun 5 May
BlueSteve
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
BlueSteve
At least JE had the decency and ability to find a new job so we could stop paying him. We're going to be stuck with Rooneys wage on the books for another 3 years.

Incorrect.
I'm not saying you’re wrong but why is that incorrect?
I reckon we’ve come up with some sort of mutual agreement and payoff with him, no way can he be on gardening leave/still under contract talking negatively about the club as he has been.
Tam
12:50, Sun 5 May
I think we get told repeatedly at the moment on SHA that it's 100% the Eustace decision, the Rooney decision, the fault of the players, the fault of Tony's illness, keeping Venus on, etc.

It really isn't 100% anything, and it's quite surprising that some people can't see that, but it's only a day ago, it's raw with people and they're going to vent. It will die down, but for me, it's gone - no more recriminations, just an analysis by the club of all factors and a determination to put it right straight away.
Make Blues Great Again
12:51, Sun 5 May
BlueSteve
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
BlueSteve
At least JE had the decency and ability to find a new job so we could stop paying him. We're going to be stuck with Rooneys wage on the books for another 3 years.

Incorrect.
I'm not saying your wrong but why is that incorrect?

There was a break clause in Rooney's contract.
12:53, Sun 5 May
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
IanT
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
IanT
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
IanT

It's a very natural response seeing as it's gone so spectacularly wrong, and it won't stop being talked about until there's real signs that we're moving forward again.

There hasn’t been an original thought on the topic for months.

Do the separate forum idea. Any post about Eustace is moved there. The dullard echo chamber can talk to each other and it will stop in a week.

Do you want to get involved in setting that up and being responsible for running it?

No, of course you don't.

I love it when you admonish me Ian. It’s really alluring. 😉

🤡
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
He only had a say because his record with Blackburn was so abysmal they needed a last day win to survive.

Thank God he’s gone. The one thing Cook has got right.
12:59, Sun 5 May
Tam
Tam
I think we get told repeatedly at the moment on SHA that it's 100% the Eustace decision, the Rooney decision, the fault of the players, the fault of Tony's illness, keeping Venus on, etc.

It really isn't 100% anything, and it's quite surprising that some people can't see that, but it's only a day ago, it's raw with people and they're going to vent. It will die down, but for me, it's gone - no more recriminations, just an analysis by the club of all factors and a determination to put it right straight away.
I hope they do a proper job with that analysis and look inwardly a little. When your very senior the temptation is to blame people below you in order to preserve your ego.
I understand wanting to vent, but we don’t need to hear it constantly, it’s already been said a million times. Let’s just move on and focus on the future.
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
IanT

It’s been playing out since October
13:17, Sun 5 May
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
He only had a say because his record with Blackburn was so abysmal they needed a last day win to survive.

This. Didn’t Eustace win something like 3 in 16 games? Blackburn stayed up because of Szmodics. 27 goals for a team that scraped survival is remarkable.
13:23, Sun 5 May
Silly billy Ian. Stick to trains and stop being so negative.
Meanwhile I look forward to seeing blues at Exeter and on a positive note I expect blues to return to the Championship next season.
The Sixth Mass Extinction is here.
13:25, Sun 5 May
Ironic isn't it that the guy that was treated so badly by the Club should have had such a big hand in our demise on the final day ? What goes round comes round eh Mr Cook ?

Karma, aint it.

Was always going to happen.

A few people said it on here, watch us beat Norwich and still go down. Its the most blues thing ever and epitomises our luck.

If this was Villa, Hull would have had a dubious penalty in the 94th minute. Yesterday the stars aligned and with all the will in the world, that Hull scoreline wasnt changing.
Tam
13:31, Sun 5 May
TrickyBlue
Fat Buddha CBE FEA

This. Didn’t Eustace win something like 3 in 16 games? Blackburn stayed up because of Szmodics. 27 goals for a team that scraped survival is remarkable.

I was more concerned what he did with Blues - with his own squad, his own players, as opposed to anyone else's team. I absolutely won't cite his dismissal as 'the' reason that we were relegated, but most people would feel that we were getting along OK at the time, and my personal feeling is that we'd have been fine. Unspectacular maybe, but a season of steadiness on the pitch. It's the succession that was more important, and that was pretty unsuccessful to say the least. His dismissal started the chain of events, of course, but there was so much time to pull it round, even after Rooney had buggered off.

I can't fault the decision to appoint Tony, and I hope that he's here next season to lead us on a glorious charge back to the Championship.
Make Blues Great Again
13:33, Sun 5 May
Some tool on here had the temerity to refer to me as a dullard .Ill have you know i've got 2 GCEs and a 200 yards swimming badge from the cubs so don't go impugning my intellect