Tam
13:33, Sun 5 May
StechyBlue
Ironic isn't it that the guy that was treated so badly by the Club should have had such a big hand in our demise on the final day ? What goes round comes round eh Mr Cook ?

Karma, aint it.

Was always going to happen.

A few people said it on here, watch us beat Norwich and still go down. Its the most blues thing ever and epitomises our luck.

If this was Villa, Hull would have had a dubious penalty in the 94th minute. Yesterday the stars aligned and with all the will in the world, that Hull scoreline wasnt changing.

I must be honest - I thought that if we won, we'd be safe as I couldn't see Blackburn getting anything at Leicester, although I was confident that Wednesday would beat Sunderland, and I was pleased that Hull had something to play as I thought that would mean at least a point for them.

Just shows that we fecked it up for ourselves, with no-one else to blame.
Make Blues Great Again
14:00, Sun 5 May
Tam
TrickyBlue
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
He only had a say because his record with Blackburn was so abysmal they needed a last day win to survive.

Thank God he’s gone. The one thing Cook has got right.

This. Didn’t Eustace win something like 3 in 16 games? Blackburn stayed up because of Szmodics. 27 goals for a team that scraped survival is remarkable.

I was more concerned what he did with Blues - with his own squad, his own players, as opposed to anyone else's team. I absolutely won't cite his dismissal as 'the' reason that we were relegated, but most people would feel that we were getting along OK at the time, and my personal feeling is that we'd have been fine. Unspectacular maybe, but a season of steadiness on the pitch. It's the succession that was more important, and that was pretty unsuccessful to say the least. His dismissal started the chain of events, of course, but there was so much time to pull it round, even after Rooney had buggered off.

I can't fault the decision to appoint Tony, and I hope that he's here next season to lead us on a glorious charge back to the Championship.

I was surprised but not disappointed at his sacking. There had been plenty of threads debating whether to keep him or not and I always said keep, thinking pretty much the same as you Tam….steady Eddie and a bit of consolidation. His record at Blackburn added to some horrid runs last season convince me that the good start was a blip, and getting rid was the right decision.

Subsequent decisions proved to pretty poor though.
14:06, Sun 5 May
Probably had a wry smile to himself last night. Ho got the last laugh.

I’ve heard his dads cat got run over so that wipe the smile off the dirty villa bastards face.
Tam
14:08, Sun 5 May
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
TrickyBlue
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
He only had a say because his record with Blackburn was so abysmal they needed a last day win to survive.

Thank God he’s gone. The one thing Cook has got right.

This. Didn’t Eustace win something like 3 in 16 games? Blackburn stayed up because of Szmodics. 27 goals for a team that scraped survival is remarkable.

I was more concerned what he did with Blues - with his own squad, his own players, as opposed to anyone else's team. I absolutely won't cite his dismissal as 'the' reason that we were relegated, but most people would feel that we were getting along OK at the time, and my personal feeling is that we'd have been fine. Unspectacular maybe, but a season of steadiness on the pitch. It's the succession that was more important, and that was pretty unsuccessful to say the least. His dismissal started the chain of events, of course, but there was so much time to pull it round, even after Rooney had buggered off.

I can't fault the decision to appoint Tony, and I hope that he's here next season to lead us on a glorious charge back to the Championship.

I was surprised but not disappointed at his sacking. There had been plenty of threads debating whether to keep him or not and I always said keep, thinking pretty much the same as you Tam….steady Eddie and a bit of consolidation. His record at Blackburn added to some horrid runs last season convince me that the good start was a blip, and getting rid was the right decision.

Subsequent decisions proved to pretty poor though.

My 'pro' views were based on him having had a pre season with 'his' squad, and I just wanted (at the start of the season) pride restored in the club, some care by the owners and a steady evolution, perhaps propped up by a couple of January reinforcements, on the pitch. I don't want to try and rewrite history though, and although I was OK with him, I did think that he needed a couple of results against Hudds and WBA to steady his ship. Obviously we know the rest.

I think we'd have been OK - it looked a pretty happy and organised squad - but who knows really? As you say, subsequent decisions were pretty poor. Bad luck, too, of course.

Well, onwards and upwards from now on, eh?
Make Blues Great Again
14:26, Sun 5 May
Super Hans
Can we have a separate forum for people who want to cry about Eustace/Cook etc please?

eff me.

As long as those constantly droning on about DvB's are dumped in there as well.
The cold never bothered me anyway
14:34, Sun 5 May
Alternatively it’s thanks to a manager who managed 3 wins in 20 despite having the best striker in the division that we got so close to them. They only stayed up thanks to a freak win at Leeds and Leicester being chunts.
14:42, Sun 5 May
bluearmyfaction
Alternatively it’s thanks to a manager who managed 3 wins in 20 despite having the best striker in the division that we got so close to them. They only stayed up thanks to a freak win at Leeds and Leicester being chunts.

No.

They stayed up because they got more points than we did.

There's really no such thing as 'freak' wins.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
Imagine getting off on a former bang average manager (who Blackburn fans barely like) helped relegat the club you claim to support.

Let's also not forget that Blackburn are a one player team, and it is more because of him than it is John DVB Useless.

Embarrassing.
'I truly believe that at some point during his Pompey tenure, Cotterill stated into the abyss and was met, after a time, with the gentlest of breezes and carried upon that breeze was a tiny, sweet voice, whispering "Everyone knows you're a ****". Over and over and over.' - The Secret Footballer, on Steve Cotterill.
Now Rowett has proven himself to be a compete fraud, those who pine for the past will spend the next 7 years whinging about Eustace now.
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
IanT
As tiresome as it is I think you've got to let it play out.

It's a very natural response seeing as it's gone so spectacularly wrong, and it won't stop being talked about until there's real signs that we're moving forward again.

Nah. It’s going to end up like Rowett if we don’t stop.
Rowett ws the one who took us down. Choosing a line up with Oli effing Burke at Rotherham. The worst team in the division bt a country mile and we failed to score against them . 2 points dropped that would have kept us up. Had the change to rectify his mistake at Huddersfield but blew that too.
17:41, Sun 5 May
Chris says FEA
Now Rowett has proven himself to be a compete fraud, those who pine for the past will spend the next 7 years whinging about Eustace now.

👍🏻
18:00, Sun 5 May
Partisan Blues Fan
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
IanT
As tiresome as it is I think you've got to let it play out.

It's a very natural response seeing as it's gone so spectacularly wrong, and it won't stop being talked about until there's real signs that we're moving forward again.

Nah. It’s going to end up like Rowett if we don’t stop.
Rowett ws the one who took us down. Choosing a line up with Oli effing Burke at Rotherham. The worst team in the division bt a country mile and we failed to score against them . 2 points dropped that would have kept us up. Had the change to rectify his mistake at Huddersfield but blew that too.
^^^^^ this all day
18:23, Sun 5 May
One can adjectivise a noun, surely?
tiltonbilly
Ironic isn't it that the guy that was treated so badly by the Club should have had such a big hand in our demise on the final day ? What goes round comes round eh Mr Cook ?

Jesus effin Christ - let it go.
Up the feckin Blues
bluearmyfaction

Alternatively he only lost 5 games at Blackburn.