17:55, Tue 19 May
Was Cogley a one year or two year?

Shame for the guys released.
18:07, Tue 19 May
can only assume we were hoping to get a bit more cash than the compensation if he left on a free
18:15, Tue 19 May
Birmingham City

Shame about luyumbala, I’ve only heard good things about him. Maybe he didn’t want to stay?
19:58, Tue 19 May
I feel sorry for all of the players released. There has probably never been a worse time to look for a new club.
22:13, Tue 19 May
Strange how an article about released U23s can extend to the Camp out brigade.

Agreed about the timing.

Thought O’Keefe would make it at this level.
22:21, Tue 19 May
We’re not a charity. Camp ain’t good enough for us
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
22:47, Tue 19 May
Jeacock is very highly rated. The Gloucester supporters were big fans this season. We need to get him a loan to a National League club next season.
00:13, Wed 20 May
Wes Foderingham released by Rangers, someone we have been linked with in the past
07:52, Wed 20 May
He's ok if you play rush back keepers. Thinks he's a ball playing defender
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
08:55, Wed 20 May
Yeah no thanks, Dean is bad enough in that regard.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
DES
10:48, Wed 20 May
I would be surprised if we didn’t offer camp a new contract, shame about the others who are leaving.
Cogley!could not see a damm thing in that lad!
12:23, Wed 20 May
DES
Accepting Camp as good enough with the offer of a new contract is a depressing thought
12:28, Wed 20 May
A backward step or at best a we ain’t going anywhere admission.
13:59, Wed 20 May
There are going to be tough times ahead. If we are going to survive we need a smaller squad. Unless these young lads are going to be in the first team squad next season then we are right to release them. Josh Cogley should never have been offered a contract last year.
14:32, Wed 20 May
I would partly agree with that, but we have needed a big clear out for a while now - even had this Coronavirus not come along.

If we are going to improve it will be through having a smaller, better quality squad and trying to give younger players an opportunity.

Releasing these U23 players is right because you couldn't really see any of them going on to play.

Out of contract players like Camp, Stockdale, Maghoma...whoever really, need to be shown the door.

It's no good (for me) people saying stuff like "Oh well, we need a proper keeper but we should give Camp another year".

That's the kind of mentality that got Paul Robinson about three more years than he justified.

The answer is - we eff Camp off, get a proper keeper and make Trueman second choice. Then when Trueman's contract runs out next summer we let him go. It's bizarre that people claim we shouldn't have given Trueman a contract but then say we should keep Camp who is out of contract...meanwhile we are stuck with Trueman who still has a year.

And I say that as someone who thinks Trueman is nowhere near as bad as some other people insist he is and would be perfectly happy with him as second choice. Far happier than giving Camp more wages because "he's a larf and great at shithousing..."

We have been making those kind of decisions for too long - another example would have been giving Kuszczak a new contract and then signing Stockdale.

Your one chance to align the squad, apply logic and develop is by taking the right time to let players go when their contracts expire. Any player who is part of the future should not have been allowed to get to the last weeks of their contracts anyway.

It's harsh, but fair, and the way proper clubs do things.