20:04, Thu 24 Sep
Nothing has changed yet aside from a proper manager coming in and carrying out what he insisted on to accept the job in the first place.

Dong still doesn’t have a Scooby, let’s be honest. Before Karanka ‘a ultra tight defensive vision Dong wanted free flowing beautiful football played by kids and journeymen. Dreamer. Ownership issue is still a shitshow tempered only by (increasingly limited) funds being made available to keep club afloat and reasonably competitive. There’s a valuable stock exchange listing at stake. And we don’t know how/why/where it’s being funded from. And then there’s the mounting debt.

Long way to go yet and potential for ruin can’t be discounted. Amazing what a win or two will do to change people’s perception of the state of things.
20:11, Thu 24 Sep
Very negative.
20:14, Thu 24 Sep
God
Rab C Nesbitt
God
Anyone else pleased he didn't read it/ignored it?

Excellent work in general over the past few months.
0/10

Only 1 away from 100% correct then. Will take that.
Sorry. 1/10
👍
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
20:16, Thu 24 Sep
Super Hans
We didn’t have the FFP room because of Dong and the board though.

Can't argue with that, but most people thought Redknapp was a cracking appointment at the time, and Dong backed him.

Rab C Nesbitt
You know what players he wanted ?
Who were they?

There are multiple quotes out there stating we didn't have the wiggle room for Karanka and his project first time around. Dong obviously kept him sweet until we did.
20:16, Thu 24 Sep
Rab C Nesbitt
God
Rab C Nesbitt
God

0/10

Sorry. 1/10
👍

So if I add nothing it's 100%. Even better.
20:19, Thu 24 Sep
yeehaw
Super Hans
We didn’t have the FFP room because of Dong and the board though.

Can't argue with that, but most people thought Redknapp was a cracking appointment at the time, and Dong backed him.

Rab C Nesbitt
You know what players he wanted ?
Who were they?

There are multiple quotes out there stating we didn't have the wiggle room for Karanka and his project first time around. Dong obviously kept him sweet until we did.
😞
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
20:20, Thu 24 Sep
God
Rab C Nesbitt
God
Rab C Nesbitt
God

0/10

Sorry. 1/10
👍

So if I add nothing it's 100%. Even better.
Yep. 100%. It's 1/10
21:06, Thu 24 Sep

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]

The inside story of Mikel San Jose's Birmingham City transfer

With other offers on the table Karanka knew Blues would face an outside chance of striking a deal.

“At the beginning I thought ‘OK, we will try it, I will be more than happy but our situation is this – we are a Championship team’.

“I passed the contact to Dong who has once again done a brilliant job and the day that he told me Mikel was here was a really good surprise.”
21:56, Thu 24 Sep
God

What about the previous 3-4years?
22:06, Thu 24 Sep
Yep what about them.
22:18, Thu 24 Sep
Exactly.

2 games in and we’re ready to gloss over last few years of pish poor “leadership”

Good start to the season, seems to be good managerial appointment but ultimately future will be determined by half decent, visible & committed ownership. Is anyone really confident that the club is in good hands? Jury’s still well out for me. Takes more than a few Dong Twitter witticisms.
06:55, Fri 25 Sep
Nothing has changed yet aside from a proper manager coming in and carrying out what he insisted on to accept the job in the first place.

Dong still doesn’t have a Scooby, let’s be honest. Before Karanka ‘a ultra tight defensive vision Dong wanted free flowing beautiful football played by kids and journeymen. Dreamer. Ownership issue is still a shitshow tempered only by (increasingly limited) funds being made available to keep club afloat and reasonably competitive. There’s a valuable stock exchange listing at stake. And we don’t know how/why/where it’s being funded from. And then there’s the mounting debt.

Long way to go yet and potential for ruin can’t be discounted. Amazing what a win or two will do to change people’s perception of the state of things.

Great Post and spot on mate, a few humerous tweets, a 'mea culpa' interview with the new manager and a bit of bantz with the fans still doesn't cancel out the shit show we've had from Dongy boy. Much to prove yet and as you said, let's see.
07:07, Fri 25 Sep
Rags

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]

The inside story of Mikel San Jose's Birmingham City transfer

With other offers on the table Karanka knew Blues would face an outside chance of striking a deal.

“At the beginning I thought ‘OK, we will try it, I will be more than happy but our situation is this – we are a Championship team’.

“I passed the contact to Dong who has once again done a brilliant job and the day that he told me Mikel was here was a really good surprise.”

Anyone wonder if Karanka gets a bonus every time he says something nice about Dong in public?
08:07, Fri 25 Sep
He has clearly done the "How to manage your manager" course
SHA's Resident Estate Agent
08:30, Fri 25 Sep
The one thing the owners have done since they were here is fund the club to the tune of millions, at a time when most other clubs were not getting that level of support. Our main issues were with lack of clarity/communication and apparent incompetence. It looks like the main issues are being recognised at least and steps taken towards putting them right. We are Blues so I understand some people's wariness but I also understand some people's optimism.