WTF did Karanka say in his interview to convince Dong he was the man for the job? Whatever he said it was bull💩

Don't think Dong needed convincing.
Karanka did.
22:52, Fri 20 Nov
People suggesting Cook would do better are forgetting this point last season Wigan fans were calling for his head.

He came into his own in the latter part of the season which just shows have faith and see what happens.

I think Karanka will do well. Just needs time. Midtable this season and see where it goes next.
StechyBlue
WTF did Karanka say in his interview to convince Dong he was the man for the job? Whatever he said it was bull💩

Don't think Dong needed convincing.
Karanka did.

Good point! We really are rock bottom if that’s the case.
The players on the bench must be thinking why are they here though. Unrest ensues.
Why don’t you step away from the keyboard and get a life?
23:01, Fri 20 Nov
I’m going to say it, if wigan hadn’t beaten an extremely poor Hull team 8-0 then no one would even be mentioning Cook.
23:15, Fri 20 Nov
Los Azules
I’m going to say it, if wigan hadn’t beaten an extremely poor Hull team 8-0 then no one would even be mentioning Cook.

I think they would be tbh, and if they werent then they should be.

He's done well wherever he's been.
23:39, Fri 20 Nov
Okay so we have ONE bit of the squad that is assured all in all the defence. So you suggest we go all gong ho with maybe Juke? Yeh just Juke and leak aswell with a man like Cooke in charge?

AK aslong as he keeps us up will hopefully be at the club for at least 3 years AS PLANNED
23:59, Fri 20 Nov
bruggeaway
Okay so we have ONE bit of the squad that is assured all in all the defence. So you suggest we go all gong ho with maybe Juke? Yeh just Juke and leak aswell with a man like Cooke in charge?

AK aslong as he keeps us up will hopefully be at the club for at least 3 years AS PLANNED

It's spelt COOK I believe.....and
Juke and Leak could be the answer.
11:15, Sat 21 Nov
Smelly Cat
jefflynneshair
Not trying to being contrary but what does Karanka have on his record that separates him from most other managers who've managed to secure one promotion from the Championship?

You're not being contrary. Just sayin'.

I was fuming. We had 4 players to bring on, liven things up. Be more attacking. The clock quickly goes to 90 and beyond. If you keep doing the same thing and fail, that is madness. Imagine being Leko, Gardner, or Hogan and the manager has no faith in you. Awful man-management.

I'm not necessarily defending it but he might have been thinking about the fact we have another game Tuesday
11:16, Sat 21 Nov
Bluestaines
Smelly Cat
jefflynneshair
Not trying to being contrary but what does Karanka have on his record that separates him from most other managers who've managed to secure one promotion from the Championship?

You're not being contrary. Just sayin'.

I was fuming. We had 4 players to bring on, liven things up. Be more attacking. The clock quickly goes to 90 and beyond. If you keep doing the same thing and fail, that is madness. Imagine being Leko, Gardner, or Hogan and the manager has no faith in you. Awful man-management.

I'm not necessarily defending it but he might have been thinking about the fact we have another game Tuesday

Isn’t that the whole point of having 5 subs?
11:27, Sat 21 Nov
Yeah, maybe.
11:52, Sat 21 Nov
Doug Stamper
Los Azules

So has Karanka
12:02, Sat 21 Nov
NouCamp
This is going exactly as planned

It's what virtually every Boro fan told us would happen

Very dull but you won't lose many
I thought we’d win more though.

I can’t criticise Dong at all for getting Karanka in, after having a season with Pep, Karanka seemed like a great appointment with his experience at this level etc.

But if we’re going to play this turgid stuff we need to start picking up more wins. Playing for a 0-0 against a newly promoted Coventry side below us in the league is just not acceptable.

Why are managers so afraid to give it a go these days?
12:02, Sat 21 Nov
Los Azules
Doug Stamper
Los Azules

Not saying he hasn't. I'm just saying it wouldn't have been a bad thing if Paul Cook had become Blues manager.
13:27, Sat 21 Nov
NouCamp

I can’t criticise Dong at all for getting Karanka in, after having a season with Pep, Karanka seemed like a great appointment with his experience at this level etc.

But if we’re going to play this turgid stuff we need to start picking up more wins. Playing for a 0-0 against a newly promoted Coventry side below us in the league is just not acceptable.

He's been in the job 3 months, yes just 3.
He has had to try and assimilate a lot of new players in that time, with the backdrop being that the side on the pitch that he inherited was an utter car crash when he arrived.
Leaking 3 goals a game,not scoring, confidence shot to pieces, no direction, no leadership.
So in his 3 months he's turned this side of losers into a tough nut to crack - at the expense of some attacking intent, for now.

I'd say taking all that into account, he's done exactly the right thing up to now. Having said that, the trickiest part is yet to come.
Now he has to turn this hard to beat, defensively sound side into one that can retain that and still win games.
I'd say, in 3 months that's all ok.
Patience and perspective. Give him the chance to see if he can manage the next part of the job. Hysteria doesn't help, sacking him now would be stupid in the extreme.
13:33, Sat 21 Nov
Brad1875
NouCamp

Because if you lose 2 games you get people on forums calling for your head.