12:23, Wed 13 Jan
Whilst wasteful, there is nothing to stop us naming a crocked player for the matchday squad to meet the requirement is there?
12:25, Wed 13 Jan
WorcsAzul
Whilst wasteful, there is nothing to stop us naming a crocked player for the matchday squad to meet the requirement is there?

You can leave it one short if there is no one available.
12:29, Wed 13 Jan
Maybe Seddon has been bought back to hit that quota, thus allowing JDC to leave?
12:43, Wed 13 Jan
The lack of creativity is Karanka's doing. We have creative players. We have players who can score goals in the championship. He brought plenty of his own players in the summer. We don't need to sign anyone. Unless it adds quality to the team.
12:48, Wed 13 Jan
Quite frankly, given how most of his signings have worked out so far, I reckon a quiet window is the best we can hope for . For Chrissake aint it about time he started sorting out how to get a tune out of some of the 12 he 's bought in as well as at least trying to find a formation and sticking with it.
If we have another window of mass signings that are no better than what we've already got it's going to start resembling the Barry Fry days. !
12:50, Wed 13 Jan
LH_4
Maybe Seddon has been bought back to hit that quota, thus allowing JDC to leave?

We have no other right back cover. JDC has started under AK. I really think people are grasping at straws thinking he’s gonna go
12:55, Wed 13 Jan
El Mayor
WorcsAzul

What about the young lad Tate Campbell who was on the bench recently? Would he count towards the ‘homegrown’ requirement?
12:57, Wed 13 Jan
I honestly reckon playing them both (they are athletic and quick) as wing backs with two up front (either Hogan and Juke or even Leko and Juke) would increase our chances of scoring atm.
DES
12:58, Wed 13 Jan
Waggeh
Although a striker would be nice, I don't think we really need to sign anyone anyway, we'd be better off figuring out how to get a tune out of the squad we've got.

This squad should be doing better than it is.

totally agree, and said exactly this on here yesterday.

KRO
13:11, Wed 13 Jan
El Mayor
LH_4

We have no other right back cover. JDC has started under AK. I really think people are grasping at straws thinking he’s gonna go

I don't mind if he stays or goes to be honest, I'm happy to keep him as cover.

Just addressing the post about the recent rumours that he was off.
13:20, Wed 13 Jan
Great piece again Daniel. One point is that I do believe we have creative players (responding to your thread copy, not article)- predominantly in midfield but for whatever reason, we are not releasing their capabilities. When I watched the Bristol game, it was clear to me that when they play a more fluid role, the creativity suddenly become greater than the sum of all parts. For me, we are looking at greater composure at the back as opposed to what only can be described as "hot potatoes", allowing midfield to be active in collecting the ball. When there is only crumbs to pick from, we lose that creativity because chances become less frequent and we seem worried about losing possession (and thats a problem al over the park). As for attacking options, we are really limited playing a one man system - I know this is common knowledge but again, we need to create scoring chances and the more we compose from the back, the more chances midfield have to link up with attacking players. I believe we have creativity up front too - it's just with the limited chances each game, they are trying too hard with too few chances. Certainly not knocking your piece, just think we do have creativity in the squad, I've seen it - except for defending and the creativity I'd like to see there is to pick a pass, no hoofing unnecessarily or header tennis, clever tracking or try to take on the opposition in dangerous areas (to us). Creativity can come by composure.
This bit down here is hardly worth reading.
13:21, Wed 13 Jan
Bcfc1967
El Mayor
WorcsAzul

What about the young lad Tate Campbell who was on the bench recently? Would he count towards the ‘homegrown’ requirement?

He’s a second year scholar, so he hasn’t signed a pro deal - so no, he wouldn’t
13:22, Wed 13 Jan
DES
Any new recruits should be able to tick the Young, Quick, Energetic and Hungry to prove themselves boxes. No more end of career 'good pro's'
Rab C Nesbitt is the best poster on SHA bar none.
13:23, Wed 13 Jan
I absolutely agree - and to be fair, you’re not knocking the piece because you’ve summed up what I think - ie rather than dreaming of tons of new signings, we really need to do better with what we have.
13:25, Wed 13 Jan
We need some out, not bothered about anyone coming in.

It feels like a false season to me, or an extended pre season. It doesn't feel like the season has begun properly.

Most of the players that have been picked are probably better than they have shown, some probably aren't but there you go.

I hope and pray that Aitor now knows who he can more or less trust (possibly none of the bastards) and he concentrates on getting them to understand exactly what he is asking of them and getting them to then play as a coherent team.

JCS hasn't played that much and arrived in injured, he'll get better. San Jose has looked alright last two games, whether he can sustain or improve on this showing who knows. Colin is Ok. Pederson is OK sometimes. Sanchez is ace. Bela is good if he's got out the right side of the bed. Leko arrived injured and is a kid, he's learning and getting fitter, he may yet shine. Toral is better than Crowley when he's fit. Will he ever be fit? The goalies look OK.

the middle 2 or 3 are a worry. Card happy athletes and cloggers, but we should have enough to finish comfortably above the bottom 3, then bring some new bastards in.