11:34, Sun 17 Jan
Squeaky bum time.
11:36, Sun 17 Jan
Tandy
Squeaky bum time.

If Root goes early it will be as the England batting line up has a long tail.

Root and Bairstow are normally quite proactive at rotating the strike, which would obviously reduce the target quicker and then put more pressure on the bowlers
11:38, Sun 17 Jan
Root....oh dear oh dear
Oh dear
That was an awful mix up!
Irving Selikoff - "Statistics are people with the tears wiped away"
11:39, Sun 17 Jan
Uh oh..
11:41, Sun 17 Jan
This is ridiculous!

Calm down lads!
Irving Selikoff - "Statistics are people with the tears wiped away"
11:41, Sun 17 Jan
This is interesting. 🀭🀭
11:42, Sun 17 Jan
Test cricket is THE best. I like it even more because even though I want England to always win, it doesn't annoy me when they don't as long as it is a good game.
13:07, Sun 17 Jan
Thought they would have let the game finish, unless there was bad light or something.

Seems a bit point less, coming back for 32 runs imho.
DES
13:37, Sun 17 Jan
mattwakeman
Test cricket is THE best. I like it even more because even though I want England to always win, it doesn't annoy me when they don't as long as it is a good game.

Same here, except if its against the Aussies.

KRO
14:40, Sun 17 Jan
I only managed to catch the England 2nd innings today but what a session! The venue, the pitch, game situation, bloody brilliant. Lawrence looks very assured for a debutant, Bairstow has got balls I reckon, but every ball is a contest. Shame no fans, but you, Des are right. Test cricket is the best for generating nervous tension.

Unless Blues go defensive after 50 when 1 up obviously.
15:59, Sun 17 Jan
πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ‘πŸ‘
17:16, Sun 17 Jan
Thought they would have let the game finish, unless there was bad light or something.

Seems a bit point less, coming back for 32 runs imho.

They did go off for bad light. Think they were 10 minutes into the extra half an hour allowed.

The weather forecast looks a bit dodgy for tomorrow afternoon. Shame they can’t start a couple of hours earlier and get a result.
DES
17:45, Sun 17 Jan
Peakyblue
I only managed to catch the England 2nd innings today but what a session! The venue, the pitch, game situation, bloody brilliant. Lawrence looks very assured for a debutant, Bairstow has got balls I reckon, but every ball is a contest. Shame no fans, but you, Des are right. Test cricket is the best for generating nervous tension.

Unless Blues go defensive after 50 when 1 up obviously.

Ha ha! Got to agree, a couple I knew went to Galle when we toured a decade ago, they said the humidity made watching impossible!

Kro