09:36, Sun 28 Nov
Super Hans
They were going down easy all game.

I think other teams know we are getting the rough end of the stick and are going down easily, hoping to put pressure on the refs.

It was noted on their forums that the “tactic” had been discussed in advance.

Some claimed by the players and coach too.
09:45, Sun 28 Nov
Bluewurst
Super Hans
They were going down easy all game.

I think other teams know we are getting the rough end of the stick and are going down easily, hoping to put pressure on the refs.

It was noted on their forums that the “tactic” had been discussed in advance.

Some claimed by the players and coach too.

When they opposition notice, you know there is something wrong. I don’t blame them for trying to taking advantage of it. I blame the refs for falling for it. Or being biased in the first place, which every applies
10:05, Sun 28 Nov
Just like Robins their manager was very ungracious about us and alluded before and after the game to our “physicality” so it does seem to be becoming a thing.

I thought there was a new directive this year that refs wouldn’t blow up simply because a player chooses to fall over, but we seem to be penalised every time.

I’m biased but the directive seems to be applied more consistently when our players decide to have a sit down.
10:30, Sun 28 Nov
Their manager can stick it, they were awful.

Every time we went near them they dived. The number 15 started it by diving in the first few minutes and screaming so loudly I heard him from the top of The Kop corner, then jumped straight back up. And they carried that on all day.

I don’t know what was more embarrassing, their diving or the fact the ref kept giving free kicks.

The ref was piss weak all game, the incident towards the end where their karate kid kept simply refusing to take the (soft as shit) free kick from where tha ref told him to was ludicrous.
10:33, Sun 28 Nov
The refs game management yesterday was very poor. His pedancy was shown whenever there was a free kick no matter where on the pitch he put a blob of shaving foam. There was one free kick where the Blackpool player actually moved the blob, and he did nothing.
BCFC - Letting me down for 49 years
11:22, Sun 28 Nov
What annoyed me more about the refs pedantic attitude was how much it slowed the game down and how much time it wasted. In the first half alone the game stopped for a lengthy time whilst he kept telling players to stop pushing each other at corners and free kicks etc. and for ages whilst he made Sarkic go and put the corner flag back in. And how often did the game get held up whilst it took the ball boys an age to retrieve it from the lower Kop/Tilton? And yet there was only 1 minute added time in the first half? How the feck does that work? Sarkic spent more than that alone dealing with the corner flag. Is that even his job?

We are paying a pretty penny for this “entertainment” and the refs are actively shortening the amount of game time we get to watch. It’s a disgrace. The EFL are short changing its customers by letting these incompetents mis-manage games in this way. I was fuming. I don’t think I have ever been so simultaneously cold, bored and angry at the same time as I was at half time yesterday.
11:27, Sun 28 Nov
👍
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
11:40, Sun 28 Nov
The really annoying thing about that was the fact the fanny in the Trevor Aylott headband quite clearly took the piss out of the ref several times and he did nothing about it. Very poor
What did the Knights in White satin?
12:05, Sun 28 Nov
Bluestaines
...and for ages whilst he made Sarkic go and put the corner flag back in.

I found this very frustrating. The ref was stood by the D watching Sarkic jog over to pick the ball up from near the corner flag, waits for him jog back and place the ball in the 6 yard box then makes him go back over to pick the corner flag up. Quite why he didn't go do it himself whilst Sarkic was sorting himself out was beyond me.

The arrogance of the Blackpool players all game too. Arguing with the ref, ignoring his instruction, blatant disregard for his authority, throwing/kicking the ball away when conceding a throw in. The moment we do any of this I'm half expecting a booking, but I just know there's very little if no chance of the opposition getting booked. Seen it all season, not just Blackpool but they were particularly persistent at it.
12:07, Sun 28 Nov
Bluestaines
What annoyed me more about the refs pedantic attitude was how much it slowed the game down and how much time it wasted. In the first half alone the game stopped for a lengthy time whilst he kept telling players to stop pushing each other at corners and free kicks etc. and for ages whilst he made Sarkic go and put the corner flag back in. And how often did the game get held up whilst it took the ball boys an age to retrieve it from the lower Kop/Tilton? And yet there was only 1 minute added time in the first half? How the feck does that work? Sarkic spent more than that alone dealing with the corner flag. Is that even his job?

We are paying a pretty penny for this “entertainment” and the refs are actively shortening the amount of game time we get to watch. It’s a disgrace. The EFL are short changing its customers by letting these incompetents mis-manage games in this way. I was fuming. I don’t think I have ever been so simultaneously cold, bored and angry at the same time as I was at half time yesterday.

The free kick one really boils my piss and you see it at nearly every game.

It’s not the refs job to tell either side to stop doing something, if the defender is all over an attacker let the corner come in and award a penalty, or a free kick if the other way round.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
12:19, Sun 28 Nov
Super Hans

It’s not the refs job to tell either side to stop doing something, if the defender is all over an attacker let the corner come in and award a penalty, or a free kick if the other way round.

This with bells on, file under "If only the refs applied the rules consistently, players would soon learn to abide by them, rather than as they are not applied they are taken advantage of"
BCFC - Letting me down for 49 years