10:57, Tue 7 Dec
It's not just the championship, the premier League are just as bad. Watford tear through managers, as do Chelsea, and Palace sacked de Boer after four games!

To answer your last question I'd say it's because of emotion. Most business owners look at their companies with a ruthless efficiency where the priority is revenue. They also tend to know what they are doing in their field and so employ the right people.

When it comes to football, most chairmen have a very limited understanding and so often employ incompetent advisers. But it is also an industry where the goal is to win. These are rich people who don't come to make money but to be loved and to grow their egos. Emotions take over sense and because of their lack of knowledge, they panic and make rash decisions.

It doesn't help that we fans also start screaming for sackings after the first set of back to back losses. The Chelsea fans don't give a sh*te that their hero was sacked; they won the champions League. We're all the same.
12:14, Tue 7 Dec
Do find it curious how the managers that were joined in their unveiling press conferences by Ren did seem to get longer in post than they really should have. He couldn’t get Redknapp and Monk out of the door quick enough.

I actually felt for Clotet. I cannot begin to imagine how bad it must’ve been for him.
@stevanderman
13:15, Tue 7 Dec
Nikola Zigic
I still remember the day we made that absolutely ludicrous decision.

So does Rowett, he was on his way to QPR to try and weasel his way in when he got the news
13:15, Tue 7 Dec
😂
16:48, Tue 7 Dec
Anybody know how much compensation in total we have paid to all those managers?
16:51, Tue 7 Dec
Enough for Rowett to look like a paraffin!
16:52, Tue 7 Dec
Chris
Nikola Zigic

So does Rowett, he was on his way to QPR to try and weasel his way in when he got the news

If the group chat are watching you blink twice
“Oh Nikola Zigic”
17:01, Tue 7 Dec
As has been pointed out with Rowett - something must have been not right in his head, or maybe just greed, because he was flashing his knickers at anyone that was walking past.

Monk - that was just a total greedy eff up. His agent mate has a huge amount to answer for, I reckon it's obvious Monk has been head and shoulders above anyone else since Rowett. Whether he could have just tipped us over the edge into the top tier, we will never know now.

Funny with Rowett though - what position were we when he went? wasn't it 7th? And his current position with Millwall... 8th. Guaranteed to give you a half a chance at it, whatever.
17:31, Tue 7 Dec
Nikola Zigic
Five dark dark dark years.

Like when JFK was shot. It'll never leave me.

Was it though? If we hadn't sacked him I'm convinced he would have left anyway before the season's end, he was clearly flirting with other clubs (which was what got him the sack). Look at what he did to Derby, walking out on them for a "better" (more money) option at Stoke.

Shit replacement sure, but Rowett leaving Blues was inevitable that season.
18:04, Tue 7 Dec
Dirty Bertie
On another thread I have referred to constantly changing the manager being a recipe for disaster.

However, even I had forgotten or tried to forget just how bad the situation has been at the Blues until something reminded me this morning that next week represents five years since Rowett was sacked.

We are now on our SEVENTH manager in that time.

Yet some still wonder why each season we seem to struggle.

Each manager has his own ideas on style of play and the players he wants resulting in muddled thinking and "consistent inconsistency".

To be fair our owners aren't alone in this. Look throughout the Championship and you can see a number of clubs who have fallen into the same trap.

Non-football businesses don't generally make the same mistake so why do so many club owners think it a good idea to constantly change the man at the top?

Buck stops with owners and directors. hire and fire does not work especially when you appoint the wrong manager after wrong manager. then you let a CEO who has no clue about football do what he wants and get into bed with different agent after different agent. the recruitment policy if you can all it that has been embarrassing. at least there seems to be an idea if they let Gardner sort that out. the whole Pep thing was cringe wasn't it? put in place so Dong could pick the team and get in on the £££ act selling Jude
Can't see anything changes until we get regime change, starting with owners and directors
18:29, Tue 7 Dec
montypenguin
Nikola Zigic
Five dark dark dark years.

Like when JFK was shot. It'll never leave me.

Was it though? If we hadn't sacked him I'm convinced he would have left anyway before the season's end, he was clearly flirting with other clubs (which was what got him the sack). Look at what he did to Derby, walking out on them for a "better" (more money) option at Stoke.

Shit replacement sure, but Rowett leaving Blues was inevitable that season.

Doesn’t make it a good decision.
18:32, Tue 7 Dec
Especially when we could’ve got compensated
18:33, Tue 7 Dec
It would have been a good decision if we got a better manager in and backed them to get the players they wanted, essentially what we did with Francis and Bruce in 2002.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
19:31, Tue 7 Dec
Bluestaines
Anybody know how much compensation in total we have paid to all those managers?

Too scared to try and calculate.

Constantly told since Carson departed that the Club is financially hamstrung.

However, the opposite has been true. Vast amounts (at least for a Championship club) have been spent.....and wasted.

Poor signings, inflated salaries, agents' fees and the compensation packages for all those departing managers.

What might have been achieved if that same amount had been used wisely?

In the same way that the Gollivans are held responsible for the Carson era and ongoing ownership saga so is Rowett for the instability in the Manager's office.

Had he not tried to play the Blues over a new contract by flirting with others we could have progressed rather than slipping into a downward spiral.
19:50, Tue 7 Dec
Monk is the one who got the whole blues thing fitted in well then greed took over , like how much money do you require ffs , I for one enjoyed his tenure apart form fill my pockets , hopefully Lee if given time and a bit of cash which I don't think he will get will at least flirt with the playoffs