00:38, Fri 24 Nov
Covered 2 vehicles last year £250
Proposal for the next 12 months £350
A mere 40% increase ...... WTF ?
Won't be paying that so looking for alternatives or ways of getting the RAC to be a bit more sensible ?
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
01:01, Fri 24 Nov
What bank are you with? Look at some of their reward accounts, usually have breakdown included along with other stuff.
Gazball?
01:09, Fri 24 Nov
For breakdown cover? Hundreds of quid a year...seems unnecessary...until you need it

They have a black Friday deal on now, £120 a year for 2 cars national recovery
01:10, Fri 24 Nov
Lloyds bank account £15 a month got a few other benefits also.

Alternatively your car manufacturer may be a decent option. For example club Toyota if you are not with the bank that be my next choice.
05:39, Fri 24 Nov
Wazball
What bank are you with? Look at some of their reward accounts, usually have breakdown included along with other stuff.

This is good advice, also the last time my car broke down, the RAC man told me that they prioritise the customers who have membership via Bank accounts as they are massive contracts which they don't want to lose with poor call out times.
07:05, Fri 24 Nov
Auto aid ...60 quid.
07:22, Fri 24 Nov
Ring them they will definitely get it lowered for you ...I ring them every time I get a renewal and always able to negotiate a better price
07:51, Fri 24 Nov
[www.startrescue.co.uk]

Brilliant price and service, I've been with them for years.
08:16, Fri 24 Nov
i would echo the bank advice. with mine i also get mobile phone insurance has a £50 excess but you get a guy come to your house to fix your phone if it can be fixed or replaced if it can't. free travel insurance aswell - costs me i think £18 a month
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
08:18, Fri 24 Nov
Thanks all for your responses.
Sweeps I've never heard of Start Rescue.
They seem to get mixed reviews but clearly your own experience has been very positive ?
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
08:21, Fri 24 Nov
Wazball

I'm with Nat West ..... seems they don't offer any vehicle breakdown cover as part of their account benefits ?
08:21, Fri 24 Nov
Robert Hopkins
i would echo the bank advice. with mine i also get mobile phone insurance has a £50 excess but you get a guy come to your house to fix your phone if it can be fixed or replaced if it can't. free travel insurance aswell - costs me i think £18 a month
Which bank ?
08:30, Fri 24 Nov
generalBlue
Robert Hopkins
Which bank ?

Lloyds definitely offer it
We've only got Chewits
08:44, Fri 24 Nov
Project Furlong
generalBlue
Robert Hopkins
Which bank ?

Lloyds definitely offer it

Yep...

Lloyds Silver & Platinum Accounts include Family travel insurance, AA Breakdown Family Cover and mobile phone insurance - for a monthly fee to maintain the account.

Heres a link for others that do it.

[www.moneysavingexpert.com]
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
08:58, Fri 24 Nov
I work in the bescot office. This isn’t true I’m afraid. If anything the only contract they do this for is Motability and that’s because the customers are often more vulnerable rather than the value of the contract.

Regarding prices - I’d look at personal cover rather than vehicle as it covers the household in any vehicle they’re travelling in. Don’t work in sales or memberships (all done in the Bristol office) but that’s the way I’d go if I had to pay for it