09:27, Fri 24 Nov
Co-op bank do an account called Every Day Extra, for £15 per month with the below benefits, available as a sole or joint account, in the case of a joint both will be covered for the same cost.

AXA Worldwide travel insurance Covers for personal accidents and emergency medical expenses:

UK holiday cover included (excluding personal liability)
Replacement of lost luggage
Winter sports cover
No excess to pay on claims

RAC UK & European breakdown cover:

Roadside assistance if you're stranded, at home or in Europe
Up to 3 days' car hire while your vehicle is repaired
Alternative transport to your destination or a hotel stay while you wait
Electric vehicle (EV) cover too

LSG worldwide mobile phone insurance;

Cover for your mobile phone and SIM in the event of loss, theft, accidental damage, or breakdown (including faults), up to £1,500
Cover for any unauthorised calls, texts, or data use
Cover for your phone's accessories, up to the value of £350
£75 excess, per claim
...yeah RAC renewal this year was a non starter, membership went up to £48 a month. covering 3 members of the household. No negotiation on price.

Went to the AA, £16 a month, same level of cover but for 4 members of the household 👍 😤
11:14, Fri 24 Nov
generalBlue
Wazball
What bank are you with? Look at some of their reward accounts, usually have breakdown included along with other stuff.

I'm with Nat West ..... seems they don't offer any vehicle breakdown cover as part of their account benefits ?

They do.

[www.natwest.com]

£20 a month but can get £5 back on this. Looks like it’s a good AA package too, along with other benefits.

If you have a spare current account you don’t really use, you could switch to this, or another bank and get a nice bit of money too, usually £150/200.
Gazball?
11:29, Fri 24 Nov
We've been with Auto Aid for a few years. On the couple of occasions we've had to call them out the service has been first rate.
07:18, Sat 25 Nov
Sounds good , I'll check it out
Thanks
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
08:32, Sat 25 Nov
Last years Insurance premium £280 -No claims made -done less than 2000 miles -This years renewal offer £640 -Anybody beat that ?? Naturally I told them to FRO .the best I could get was still £440 .Seems like everybody has jumped on the cost of living bandwagon and is taking the extreme piss out of the general public
08:37, Sat 25 Nov
Last years Insurance premium £280 -No claims made -done less than 2000 miles -This years renewal offer £640 -Anybody beat that ?? Naturally I told them to FRO .the best I could get was still £440 .Seems like everybody has jumped on the cost of living bandwagon and is taking the extreme piss out of the general public

It’s almost if the cost of repairing cars had gone up so premiums have to go up to match. Inflation innit.

That’s what you get with 13 years of incompetence in charge, global supply issues and severing ties with our largest trading partner because some people don’t like foreigners.
08:47, Sat 25 Nov
Have you checked whether your car insurance policy comes with breakdown cover? When I was renewing mine recently they all seemed to for an extra but very reasonable amount. I got full cover for an additional £95pa with Greenflag. Has to use them back in the summer and they were very good.
09:32, Sat 25 Nov
Match inflation I can live with -This was an increase of 140 % -inflation is about 5%.
I'm Not too keen on foreigners myself and still support Brexit but don't see that that's got anything to do with it .It's just pure profiteering at our expense and this government wont do anything about it because they are dead men walking plus of course the excess profits are all going to their pals .

Axd a matter of balance I am of the opinion that the next lot will be just as bad
09:34, Sat 25 Nov
Lol
09:45, Sat 25 Nov
Standard issue Lol or supercilious woke Lol?
10:05, Sat 25 Nov
Take your pick
Tam
10:20, Sat 25 Nov
I've been with the RAC for about 15 years. Absolutely no complaints - I broke down twice abroad and membership was a godsend. I haven't needed them too much luckily, but have always been happy with them. This year, my price went up by about 40% if I remember rightly. I got on the phone and said that I understood that prices of everything have gone up, but would they look at it, considering I'd been with them for quite a while?

The chap dropped the price down to last year's figure with no problem. I was happy with that and have stuck with them. Can't fault their service.
Make Blues Great Again
11:02, Sat 25 Nov
I think I already had
11:23, Sat 25 Nov
I'm with admiral £144 a month but...covers...
3 cars, house & contents, plus my son only been driving 3 years so that bumps it plus his digs in London insured too, so 2 x properties. I do 20,000 miles a year a chunk of it is following Blues, also a kid slammed into me 3 years ago on his bike so I've declared that. I do shop around every year but this bundle seems to be most competitive at the minute. On its own £144 a month does sound horrendous.