08:32, Fri 24 Nov
All week the press have been filled with reports about how they are "seething" and that Goodison will be a cauldron with protests and anger and all the rest. But I'm looking at it going, you were warned by the PL, repeatedly, and you still broke the rules. At one point they sold Digne and rather than use the money to cover losses, they bought two new fullbacks. Feels to me they should stop moaning and take the punishment - there won't be a better season to get docked points.

What do we reckon?
08:41, Fri 24 Nov
Yes. But.....

It has to be applied consistently. If Everton have to take the hit then the same has to be applied to Man City and Chelsea. If it isn't then Everton have every right to kick up a stink.
08:41, Fri 24 Nov
All week the press have been filled with reports about how they are "seething" and that Goodison will be a cauldron with protests and anger and all the rest. But I'm looking at it going, you were warned by the PL, repeatedly, and you still broke the rules. At one point they sold Digne and rather than use the money to cover losses, they bought two new fullbacks. Feels to me they should stop moaning and take the punishment - there won't be a better season to get docked points.

What do we reckon?

Personally, i think they've dodged a bullet getting the deduction this season and they would be best off accept it with grace, hols their hands up and get on with things
08:50, Fri 24 Nov
My thoughts too. On a separate note, if Chelsea and man city have broken rules they should also be punished and if this involves docking points then so be it.
08:53, Fri 24 Nov
It doesn’t surprise me that a team from Liverpool is behaving in such a way.
08:57, Fri 24 Nov
Appeal to push it further into the season. If after 30 games they are looking safe then take the punishment. If not then keep appealing and push any potential punishment into next season and hope you have more luck staying up then.
09:01, Fri 24 Nov
My take on it.

Everton broke the rules considerably, there has to be proportionate response on points deduction. They have hit the jackpot by having it in the one season when it appears that there are 3 teams that are so poor that even with this reduction they are unlikely to be relegated. It really feels as if the punishment needs to benefit the teams that Everton cheated by staying in the division in previous seasons.

Absolutely other teams breaching should face the same punishment, worse if their breaches are more excessive. Problem still is that a Manchester City (if they have breached) may still think that breaking rules for multiple seasons is worth any points deduction. They retain their trophies, the money for UCL qualification, the sponsorship etc and maybe have to accept one season where a 20 point deduction takes them out of the top 6 or the top 8. Their punishment would have to be stripping of titles or relegation.
09:06, Fri 24 Nov
bluer than blues

What do we reckon?

I think they should shut up and take it too. Where were their fans when we got done for nine, or other clubs got done for FFP?

Always the same, people want football to be fairer until it impacts their own team.
09:07, Fri 24 Nov
Rags
Personally, i think they've dodged a bullet getting the deduction this season and they would be best off accept it with grace, hols their hands up and get on with things
100% this, if there's ever a season to be deducted points this is the one considering how bad the newly promoted sides are
09:24, Fri 24 Nov
Neville and co bleating about how unfair it is can eff off too.

Its pretty simple, City and Chelsea should be charged if necessary, but just because thats taking longer isnt a great injustice on Everton
Are we allowed to say they're always the victims and it's never their fault?
Feck the EPL
10:10, Fri 24 Nov
You can say what you like but you'd have to also acknowledge that lots of other teams' fans would be saying exactly the same thing in Everton's shoes. Wait until you hear the bleating from Chelsea and Man City fans if they get done. Football fans are fundamentally the same across the country.

Re the OP's question, this is the ideal time for Everton to take a points deduction. They've been on great form recently and they've got nothing to worry about. I'm not a lawyer but it's hard to imagine any case brought against them by the likes of Leeds and Leicester being successful because how do you prove causation between Everton's over-spending and those other teams being relegated? There are too many variables to say that there's an unbroken causal link between Everton's breach and the losses suffered by the relegated teams.
10:17, Fri 24 Nov
You can say it but every club is like it, our fans are no different, everyone from the the EFL, the FA, the EFL Refs, Sky, David Prutton, Birmingham Mail and Talksport, have been accused of hating us and having an agenda. Victim complexes are widespread, we still have it now with loads of fans asking "where was the outrage when we got done?" as if there would be the same level of media interest in a club moving from 14th to 18th in the Championship
Happy Clapper
10:32, Fri 24 Nov
We definitely got lucky with our deduction. It was one of the few seasons when losing 9 points did not matter too much to us. I think Everton are in the same position.
It's quite possible for them to stay up. Though they'd probably like to be 12 points clear before getting the deduction.

In terms of having an agenda against us there are a few presenters: - G*ry N*wb*n, Don Goodman, David Prutton have never had a good word to say about us.
I still sing the G*ry N*wb*n song to myself occasionally.

I also thought Shaun Harvey didn't behave in a very professional manner. When we signed Pedersen we weren't under an embargo. We should have been and knew it, but the EFL had not put it in place properly. It seemed to me Harvey was embarrassed about this and lost his temper. It grated that at the same time we were charged he was advising AVFC and Sheffield Wednesday that they could sell their grounds to themselves to create a profit to avoid P&S charges.

However we were clearly guilty and I don't think there was an agenda against us.