10:36, Fri 24 Nov
tbf not sure Prutton has a good word to say about anybody - he makes Eeyore look like Graham Norton.
10:36, Fri 24 Nov
The only thing I would add is that Everton have been deducted 10 points for over-spending by what was it? £19m?

However, if you run a football club so poorly that it goes into admin, you get 9 points deducted.

That doesn't seem right to me. The punishment for admin (and using points deductions as a punishment for admin is an entirely different conversation) should be greater than FFP breaches in my view.
10:38, Fri 24 Nov
As many have said, just suck it up as possibly as little as 20 points total could keep them up.

They'd be right to push on City and Chelsea well and truly getting theirs though
11:00, Fri 24 Nov
It's one thing the fans getting upset, but the pundits not agreeing with it is questionable. Where were they when we had our punishment handed out?

Everton broke the rules, yes they cooperated but all that should mean is you get your punishment reduced. The clubs that are not cooperating should be met with the full force of any punishment.
11:13, Fri 24 Nov
fwiw , i think the Everton points deduction is the same as our 9 point deduction ,basically enough to make you look over your shoulder but without causing definite relegation . It serves to set a precedent so that other clubs that break the rules know the hammer is coming down if they transgress
11:15, Fri 24 Nov
Lumbertubs
The only thing I would add is that Everton have been deducted 10 points for over-spending by what was it? £19m?

However, if you run a football club so poorly that it goes into admin, you get 9 points deducted.

That doesn't seem right to me. The punishment for admin (and using points deductions as a punishment for admin is an entirely different conversation) should be greater than FFP breaches in my view.

Mostly the punishment for administration is that the administrator sells off everything of value.
Very few clubs come out of administration in a better position than they were originally in.
Hopefully you get a bit of financial stability.

The only club I can think of who misused administration is Leicester. They got promoted having stepped away from the debt.
11:16, Fri 24 Nov
Sheep2
We definitely got lucky with our deduction. It was one of the few seasons when losing 9 points did not matter too much to us. I think Everton are in the same position.
It's quite possible for them to stay up. Though they'd probably like to be 12 points clear before getting the deduction.

In terms of having an agenda against us there are a few presenters: - G*ry N*wb*n, Don Goodman, David Prutton have never had a good word to say about us.
I still sing the G*ry N*wb*n song to myself occasionally.

I also thought Shaun Harvey didn't behave in a very professional manner. When we signed Pedersen we weren't under an embargo. We should have been and knew it, but the EFL had not put it in place properly. It seemed to me Harvey was embarrassed about this and lost his temper. It grated that at the same time we were charged he was advising AVFC and Sheffield Wednesday that they could sell their grounds to themselves to create a profit to avoid P&S charges.

However we were clearly guilty and I don't think there was an agenda against us.

No mate, we ABSOLUTELY were. The club were told they were.
11:18, Fri 24 Nov
Le Mod
You can say it but every club is like it, our fans are no different, everyone from the the EFL, the FA, the EFL Refs, Sky, David Prutton, Birmingham Mail and Talksport, have been accused of hating us and having an agenda. Victim complexes are widespread, we still have it now with loads of fans asking "where was the outrage when we got done?" as if there would be the same level of media interest in a club moving from 14th to 18th in the Championship

completely agree, my issue is with the commentators who should know better leaping to their defence which stokes it up.
It will be suspended after an appeal for sure.
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
11:26, Fri 24 Nov
El Mayor
Sheep2
We definitely got lucky with our deduction. It was one of the few seasons when losing 9 points did not matter too much to us. I think Everton are in the same position.
It's quite possible for them to stay up. Though they'd probably like to be 12 points clear before getting the deduction.

In terms of having an agenda against us there are a few presenters: - G*ry N*wb*n, Don Goodman, David Prutton have never had a good word to say about us.

I also thought Shaun Harvey didn't behave in a very professional manner. When we signed Pedersen we weren't under an embargo. We should have been and knew it, but the EFL had not put it in place properly. It seemed to me Harvey was embarrassed about this and lost his temper. It grated that at the same time we were charged he was advising AVFC and Sheffield Wednesday that they could sell their grounds to themselves to create a profit to avoid P&S charges.

However we were clearly guilty and I don't think there was an agenda against us.

I've uploaded a pic of some of the documentation to back up what I said, which should be viewable here: [drive.google.com]
11:30, Fri 24 Nov
Sheep2
David Prutton have never had a good word to say about us.

In the short time he has been a presenter we have been nothing short of shite, what positivity would you liked him to magic up?
11:32, Fri 24 Nov
El Mayor
Sheep2

I don't like to disagree in any way, but there was a problem with the embargo. The full terms hadn't been sent to the club properly.
That was why the decision of the disciplinary panel was 7 points for the financial breach, less 1 for co-operating, plus 3 for an aggravated breach.
The detailed ruling is no longer on the EFL website and I can't find a copy, but the panel specifically agreed that there was no punishment around the Pedersen transfer.
11:43, Fri 24 Nov
Sheep2
El Mayor
Sheep2

I don't like to disagree in any way, but there was a problem with the embargo. The full terms hadn't been sent to the club properly.
That was why the decision of the disciplinary panel was 7 points for the financial breach, less 1 for co-operating, plus 3 for an aggravated breach.
The detailed ruling is no longer on the EFL website and I can't find a copy, but the panel specifically agreed that there was no punishment around the Pedersen transfer.

We absolutely got away with that then, it must have been a technicality because the club were told in May that they were embargoed, and then again after they tried to register Pedersen.
I hope the whining fannies go down.
Up the feckin Blues
12:38, Fri 24 Nov
The points deduction is correct and should be applied immediately.

The cases for Man City and Chelsea are not resolved yet and have no bearing on the Everton case as it stands. They are separate investigations and shouldn’t be considered as part of the Everton case, particularly as Everton admitted they broke the rules.

Until they are, there is no meaningful comparison to be made although the length of time it is taking isn’t really acceptable.