10:44, Wed 29 Nov
I would absolutely recommend Dubrovnik and staying in the old town.
10:47, Wed 29 Nov
Absolutely not. Sunrise from my balcony this morning was unreal. Outside of family and the usual priorities, holidays are everything to me. This is my third this year and I'll end up doing 4 inside 12 months, all being well. 25 days off a year (+bank holidays) and pretty much every one of them is spent away. I don't know how I'd survive the brain-numbing stress of my working life without having a holiday to look forward to.
11:02, Wed 29 Nov
I see that. They’re just not for me. I go on holiday, reluctantly, and enjoy bits of them but otherwise find the whole business of planning, booking, paying, travelling, stressful. Not to mention putting up with other people.

Surely I can’t be alone?
12:19, Wed 29 Nov
I see that. They’re just not for me. I go on holiday, reluctantly, and enjoy bits of them but otherwise find the whole business of planning, booking, paying, travelling, stressful. Not to mention putting up with other people.

Surely I can’t be alone?

We go back to more or less the same place so planning and booking is negligible. We holiday pretty much self-contained and not in complexes amongst people. We hire a car at £14 a day at the airport, up from £9 just a couple of years ago.

We've found all the best places to eat and the ones to avoid and we were in our room 90 minutes after landing. I'm not going to get to see the world and I get all your holiday nuances but they can be negated to a degree. The most important thing for me is that I'm in the sunshine in winter, 2 and a half thousand miles from my company phone and no access to my work emails. Bliss.
Tha Project OBE
Is there anyone else on here who doesn’t actually like going on holiday?

No. Miserable git.