17:42, Tue 28 Nov
[www.bbc.co.uk]

I imagine it will be implemented very badly šŸ˜, but I think this is a good thing. Itā€™s better the team offended against gets some advantage in my view than some potential future opponents.
17:47, Tue 28 Nov
It's been hilarious on a Sunday morning. We've had some really gobby lads turn into angels at the risk of being sin binned - manager said they're automatically dropped for the next game if they get taken off for dissent.

It's worked, it's working, I think it's a fantastic idea.
ā€œOh Nikola Zigicā€

H
17:50, Tue 28 Nov
šŸ‘ if it stops the surrounding the refs and the abuse I think that would be good. That was supposed to be stopped but it still seems to happen plenty. Potentially makes the skipperā€™s job far more meaningful.
18:08, Tue 28 Nov
You just know the refs will be scared to implement it and so will fail, just like respect, the 10 yard rule, keepers holding the ball for 6 seconds etc etc - But great idea.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
18:11, Tue 28 Nov
Rugby has a lot to teach football, as long as football is not too arrogant to listen and learn.
18:13, Tue 28 Nov
Think it's a very good idea, although I can see refs getting trigger-happy in the beginning. It might make for an interesting tactical element too - if you know you've got ten minutes against ten men you might go into full attack mode to take advantage.
18:22, Tue 28 Nov
A few years ago a major Man City tactic was to get Fernandinho to make cynical fouls to stop counter attacks. hopefully this would prevent that.
18:23, Tue 28 Nov
it will all hinge on the first weekend - Respect failed in the first weekend when a certain Wayne Rooney gave Graham Poll an absolute earful on live TV and Poll bottled it and didn't send him off which is what the new rules said he shoudl have done. That set the level of what was allowed and what was a great idea failed.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
Nikola Zigic
It's been hilarious on a Sunday morning. We've had some really gobby lads turn into angels at the risk of being sin binned - manager said they're automatically dropped for the next game if they get taken off for dissent.

It's worked, it's working, I think it's a fantastic idea.

Have been banging on about this for ages, plus other ideas from the egg chasers.
Up the feckin Blues
19:02, Tue 28 Nov
personally i would like to see the live clock like in rugby with the ref saying time off etc
19:03, Tue 28 Nov
Thereā€™s now talk of var being used for free kicks and corners.
They havenā€™t got a clue
Tony Fantastico
Tam
19:05, Tue 28 Nov
I'm all in favour of this. It's all about implementation, as had been said, but in principle it does seem like a good idea. Imagine being the player that had been binned and your team concedes a goal while you're off the pitch!
Make Blues Great Again
19:52, Tue 28 Nov
Tam
I hate the idea - ref it properly and enforce the laws that refs should already be using. If there are too many red cards then so be it - the players need to change their behaviour.

Imagine the first VAR review of a sin-bin - it is another level of unnecessary re-refereeing the game.
Tam
20:42, Tue 28 Nov
wookie
I hate the idea - ref it properly and enforce the laws that refs should already be using. If there are too many red cards then so be it - the players need to change their behaviour.

Imagine the first VAR review of a sin-bin - it is another level of unnecessary re-refereeing the game.

I'm not a fan of VAR, so I take your point. The idea in principle appeals to me though, and then I'm hoping that players change their behaviour pretty quickly. I quite agree that it shouldn't have to be implemented, but it seems like it might be a good way to alter players behaviour. I would probably limit it to dissent though, so VAR shouldn't be involved. It would purely be a referees decision.
Make Blues Great Again
21:23, Tue 28 Nov
wookie

Agreed 100%

Same as shirt pulling in the box. Give a penalty every time and itā€™ll soon stop. Theyā€™re not consistent enough with any rule changes to the point they keep throwing bad ones at good ones in an effort to satisfy their lust for change.
Matthew 11:28