23:04, Wed 29 Nov
Rags
Steve Whitton
Yorkshireblue
Was any of it on how to defend?

Yes I’m biased but how much of this do we have to put up with before it gets better. I just see a team who look like conceding every time the opposition attacks, hope we get enough points to survive relegation .

Have you any idea how entitled that sounds? It’s been 7 games ffs? We played well tonight just a couple of individual errors cost us.
The clubs past of being hard to beat & playing hoofball is going thankfully because it doesn’t attract better players & doesn’t put bums on seats & it doesn’t increase revenue. I told my son in law who’s a doghead to watch as their would be goals in it & he enjoyed it. Even though he loves Ruddy & Sanderson he quickly pointed out they look like ducks out of water playing from the back & beilik too.
Rooney will be able to attract a better quality of player than dvb no doubt & i think with a few personnel changes we might have a decent ball playing side.

Imagine that.

"& doesn’t put bums on seats & it doesn’t increase revenue."

It's time to move on from JE, i know, but didn't we sell out almost all of the home games that he was in charge for this season ?

Yep. Results and momentum gets bums on seats, not celebrity managers and supposedly pretty football
23:12, Wed 29 Nov
CastleBlue
johnnyspex
Steve Whitton
Yorkshireblue
Was any of it on how to defend?

Yes I’m biased but how much of this do we have to put up with before it gets better. I just see a team who look like conceding every time the opposition attacks, hope we get enough points to survive relegation .

Have you any idea how entitled that sounds? It’s been 7 games ffs? We played well tonight just a couple of individual errors cost us.
The clubs past of being hard to beat & playing hoofball is going thankfully because it doesn’t attract better players & doesn’t put bums on seats & it doesn’t increase revenue. I told my son in law who’s a doghead to watch as their would be goals in it & he enjoyed it. Even though he loves Ruddy & Sanderson he quickly pointed out they look like ducks out of water playing from the back & beilik too.
Rooney will be able to attract a better quality of player than dvb no doubt & i think with a few personnel changes we might have a decent ball playing side.

Imagine that.

Losing as often as we are will mean less fans and bums on seats.

Short term pain long term gain.

it will only mean jettisoning all the negative detritus that have been holding us back for years.

FORWARD
23:15, Wed 29 Nov
😁
23:21, Wed 29 Nov
I can remember when results were far better than they were under JE & we still had empty seats.

Better players = better football= more fans = more revenue.

Who will attract better players? A manager like JE grinding out results or swashbuckling Wazball?

Think bigger.

Forward.
00:03, Thu 30 Nov
I don’t think it’s always to do with them just being negative. The facts are we suddenly can’t defend, and have been like this since Rooney come in. Can give him benefit of the doubt first couple games, but it’s been 7 games now, and not really any improvement in this regard, as we’re still leaking goals, far too open and according to some that watched, look like conceding every time the opposition come forward.