22:08, Wed 29 Nov
Big Jon has been a great signing for us in the main. I know the defence are being opened up far too easily, but a couple of lobs and that 3rd today were poor.

Should Etheridge now get a chance? Can’t see the harm myself
Ricky Otto 1994-1998 - The Man, The Legend
22:09, Wed 29 Nov
Etheridge makes Ruddy look like Ederson on the ball, no thank you.
22:09, Wed 29 Nov
Etheridge aint all that either I'm afraid.
22:10, Wed 29 Nov
Never understood the general disdain towards Ethers.
22:10, Wed 29 Nov
No chance will he/can he play as his poor kicking ability would not work with the attempt at playing out from the back - JRs not much better granted and a new keeper is a must to play the style Rooney wants.
22:11, Wed 29 Nov
I think a new keeper is a must.
22:15, Wed 29 Nov
Finchy
Etheridge makes Ruddy look like Ederson on the ball, no thank you.

yep this, I'd rather stick Miyoshi in goal playing this football than Etheridge
Gazball?
22:18, Wed 29 Nov
Tha Project OBE
Never understood the general disdain towards Ethers.

I'm not sure what Etheridge is being paid but if it's anything over 10 k per week ( some suggest over 25k ) we need to offload at the first opportunity to free up wages for a younger version of Ruddy who is comfortable with the ball at his feet.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
22:18, Wed 29 Nov
Remembering ruddy is knocking towards late 30s too. Had a great season last year but starting to wonder if age or tactics are knocking his performance
22:39, Wed 29 Nov
Etheridge is a good keeper and an excellent shot-stopper, even if some on here can't see that. Personally I do think John Ruddy needs dropping, not been at the races this season.

Even if it were true, why would Etheridge's kicking be a problem in a system that encourages building out from the back rather than hoofing downfield?
23:17, Wed 29 Nov
No, Etheridge is an absolute abomination on the deck and a car crash on crosses, would be a step backwards
Happy Clapper
23:19, Wed 29 Nov
Le Mod
No, Etheridge is an absolute abomination on the deck and a car crash on crosses, would be a step backwards

Yeah he’s a shambles. Awful. It’s ruddy until January or the summer. His a big unit who will save his fair share and command the box. The older he gets the more he will chuck in but much rather him than Etheridge
23:19, Wed 29 Nov
To do that somebody needs to want him and be willing to pay the wages
Think it’s because he never looks calm. Good shot stopper though. I’d stick with Ruddy he will come back from that.
23:31, Wed 29 Nov
Got_the_blues
To do that somebody needs to want him and be willing to pay the wages

Or his contract expires.
He's distinctly average...... bomb scare.
Bring it on !
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )