23:39, Wed 29 Nov
On the other hand/foot, Onana at ManU proved again tonight that being good with your feet is all well and good but if you can’t make actual saves consistently as well you’re not much use.
07:05, Thu 30 Nov
I’d give Etheridge a chance if only to give Ruddy a kick up the arse.

Ruddy’s still great at picking out crosses, but he’s not that agile any more.

In no man’s land to be chipped for the first two, enough said for the third, and not much of an effort for the last one.

He’s been solid for us but l think age is catching up with him.
07:16, Thu 30 Nov
Is mayo worth a consideration or is it the wrong time to throw a young keeper in. Very good with his feet apparently.
07:22, Thu 30 Nov
generalBlue
Tha Project OBE
Never understood the general disdain towards Ethers.

I'm not sure what Etheridge is being paid but if it's anything over 10 k per week ( some suggest over 25k ) we need to offload at the first opportunity to free up wages for a younger version of Ruddy who is comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Out of contract end of the season.

Rumour is (I don’t know this for a fact) his contract is similar to ones signed by Colin and Dean - more appearances equals pay rises.
07:34, Thu 30 Nov
Greebo joe
Is mayo worth a consideration or is it the wrong time to throw a young keeper in. Very good with his feet apparently.

It’s impossible to be an academy keeper these days if you’re not - Jeacock was highly rated, played for England youth teams but seemed to freeze in the first team (albeit under difficult circumstances) and now he’s playing National League South

Ruddy until Jan then a premier league loan until
The summer I reckon
07:37, Thu 30 Nov
QBBC2
On the other hand/foot, Onana at ManU proved again tonight that being good with your feet is all well and good but if you can’t make actual saves consistently as well you’re not much use.

Agreed, but we’re still talking about Neil Etheridge, I don’t see him fairing better
Happy Clapper
07:41, Thu 30 Nov
Iain_Gavin
Greebo joe

It’s impossible to be an academy keeper these days if you’re not - Jeacock was highly rated, played for England youth teams but seemed to freeze in the first team (albeit under difficult circumstances) and now he’s playing National League South

The summer I reckon

Sarkic would've ticked all the boxes.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
09:25, Thu 30 Nov
IanT
Iain_Gavin
Greebo joe

The summer I reckon

Yeah, gutted we didn't get him
10:48, Thu 30 Nov
El Mayor
generalBlue
Tha Project OBE

I'm not sure what Etheridge is being paid but if it's anything over 10 k per week ( some suggest over 25k ) we need to offload at the first opportunity to free up wages for a younger version of Ruddy who is comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Rumour is (I don’t know this for a fact) his contract is similar to ones signed by Colin and Dean - more appearances equals pay rises.

Thanks. Come July he'll be gone.
Hopefully he's the last player to benefit from that type of contract which seemed to me to be the ridiculous result of agents just running rings round our illustrious previous owners.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
10:53, Thu 30 Nov
Its in Etheridges interest to get a move in January as his contract is up in the Summer. Maybe he will be open to being paid up.
10:55, Thu 30 Nov
Iain_Gavin
IanT
Iain_Gavin
Greebo joe

The summer I reckon

Yeah, gutted we didn't get him

Seems to be a bit injury prone, been injured since they played us and missed most of his Stoke loan last season. Think we’ve got enough of those.
Gazball?
11:05, Thu 30 Nov
It’s a difficult one , ruddy doesn’t deserve his place but Etheridge is a poorer keeper

Do we potentially make ourselves weaker or continue to reward poor performances
11:06, Thu 30 Nov
El Mayor
generalBlue
Tha Project OBE

He's not the answer anyway. In terms of having the ball at his feet he makes Ruddy look like De Bruyne.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
11:12, Thu 30 Nov
generalBlue
El Mayor
generalBlue
Tha Project OBE

Thanks. Come July he'll be gone.
Hopefully he's the last player to benefit from that type of contract which seemed to me to be the ridiculous result of agents just running rings round our illustrious previous owners.

Think Hogan might also be on that kind of deal but his contract also expires this summer.
12:23, Thu 30 Nov
El Mayor
generalBlue
Tha Project OBE

This is true