08:40, Sun 3 Dec
Felix1875
Lots of positives...
We've confirmed that Burke can't play upfront (after previously confirming that he can't play wide), so barring a lot of injuries, he shouldn't start again.
We've learned that James is our best central midfielder and should start every game, if that means resting him in training then do that - he needs to start.
We've learned Bielik can't pass forward and is too slow to be useful in any transition, in fact he often stops transitions when he refuses forward passes and plays it backwards. He needs swapping for Sunjic.
We've learned that if we do actually play the ball to Miyoshi and Dembele's feet then they often do something good - so lets do that more.
We've continued seeing that Aiwu isn't the player to partner Sanderson for the rest of the season. So we need a CB on 1st Jan.

We've also learned that the previous 'boring' predictions of finishing this season mid-table, before having a go for the playoffs next year, we're very wrong.... we are in for a 'super-exciting' relegation battle. Maybe it'll go down to the last day again - what fun!

I donā€™t normally pay much attention to stats because you can tell by watching whether someone is doing a good job or not but having struggled to see what Burke brings to the party I had a look.

Heā€™s been involved in 14 games, starting 9 and 5 off the bench. All have been either as a striker or one of our attacking three midfielders. No goals, no assists and if there have been shots on target I donā€™t recall them. Compare that to others who have occupied those positions (Stansfield, Juke, Dembele, Bacuna, Miyoshi, James) and ALL have contributed assists and goals.

You canā€™t keep selecting someone in a creative attacking role for the odd flick on from a Ruddy punt and helping out defensively at corners.
08:49, Sun 3 Dec
Spot on
10:52, Sun 3 Dec
theAtlas
Felix1875
Lots of positives...
We've confirmed that Burke can't play upfront (after previously confirming that he can't play wide), so barring a lot of injuries, he shouldn't start again.
We've learned that James is our best central midfielder and should start every game, if that means resting him in training then do that - he needs to start.
We've learned Bielik can't pass forward and is too slow to be useful in any transition, in fact he often stops transitions when he refuses forward passes and plays it backwards. He needs swapping for Sunjic.
We've learned that if we do actually play the ball to Miyoshi and Dembele's feet then they often do something good - so lets do that more.
We've continued seeing that Aiwu isn't the player to partner Sanderson for the rest of the season. So we need a CB on 1st Jan.

We've also learned that the previous 'boring' predictions of finishing this season mid-table, before having a go for the playoffs next year, we're very wrong.... we are in for a 'super-exciting' relegation battle. Maybe it'll go down to the last day again - what fun!

I donā€™t normally pay much attention to stats because you can tell by watching whether someone is doing a good job or not but having struggled to see what Burke brings to the party I had a look.

Heā€™s been involved in 14 games, starting 9 and 5 off the bench. All have been either as a striker or one of our attacking three midfielders. No goals, no assists and if there have been shots on target I donā€™t recall them. Compare that to others who have occupied those positions (Stansfield, Juke, Dembele, Bacuna, Miyoshi, James) and ALL have contributed assists and goals.

You canā€™t keep selecting someone in a creative attacking role for the odd flick on from a Ruddy punt and helping out defensively at corners.

This. What is he seeing in training that justifies a start? It's certainly nothing he's doing in the matches.
10:55, Sun 3 Dec
Felix1875
Lots of positives...

Or maybe Sanderson is not the partner for Aiwu, I would certainly take the captaincy off him.
10:59, Sun 3 Dec
Just out of interest, cos I took my eye off the ball at the time, why has Long been bombed out- I know there was a thread about it a few weeks back. With the paucity of CDs weā€™ve got right now, and the evident lack of understanding between Sanderson and Aiwu, Iā€™d have him back in a heart beat.

Is his situation beyond repair?
11:01, Sun 3 Dec
Currently injured but dropped before that.
11:04, Sun 3 Dec
šŸ‘
11:09, Sun 3 Dec
PRBlue
He was our best defender too, can't see what he did wrong to be dropped tbh
11:10, Sun 3 Dec
gerry1875
PRBlue
He was our best defender too, can't see what he did wrong to be dropped tbh

Gave Rooney some after the Hull game
ā€œOh Nikola Zigicā€

H
15:15, Mon 4 Dec
I didnā€™t think that we could get any worse than the reign of the unknown Asiatics but when I first heard the news that Rooney had been appointed the new manager by the Americans I knew then that we had sunk to a new low. Nuff said.
The Sixth Mass Extinction is here.
...we've actually gone up a place šŸ˜¤

1 point from the first 5.
4 points in the last 3 games.

We are slowly moving in the right direction.