17:53, Sat 2 Dec
Felix1875
Lots of positives...
We've confirmed that Burke can't play upfront (after previously confirming that he can't play wide), so barring a lot of injuries, he shouldn't start again.
We've learned that James is our best central midfielder and should start every game, if that means resting him in training then do that - he needs to start.
We've learned Bielik can't pass forward and is too slow to be useful in any transition, in fact he often stops transitions when he refuses forward passes and plays it backwards. He needs swapping for Sunjic.
We've learned that if we do actually play the ball to Miyoshi and Dembele's feet then they often do something good - so lets do that more.
We've continued seeing that Aiwu isn't the player to partner Sanderson for the rest of the season. So we need a CB on 1st Jan.

We've also learned that the previous 'boring' predictions of finishing this season mid-table, before having a go for the playoffs next year, we're very wrong.... we are in for a 'super-exciting' relegation battle. Maybe it'll go down to the last day again - what fun!

Good summary.

If he picks Burke again I'm not going to be happy. He's had enough chances now. Ditto Aiwu. get Long back in the team now!

I thought Rooney was going to come in & make the strikers better.

That really hasn't happened.

What's happened to Stansfield?

He looked ace six weeks ago.
17:54, Sat 2 Dec
Positive, heā€™s averaging 0.62 ppg whereas zola only averaged 0.57ā€¦
The owners have a perfect opportunity to grill our useless CEO on his decision to give his mate the managers job.

Birmingham City " on the rise again" !
My arse.
Donā€™t think anyone played badly. I think we played better than against the Albion. It will come
Mr Miyagi and the X-Men
...we've actually gone up a place šŸ˜¤

Jordan James

Thatā€™s it
17:56, Sat 2 Dec
fradge
Felix1875
Lots of positives...
We've confirmed that Burke can't play upfront (after previously confirming that he can't play wide), so barring a lot of injuries, he shouldn't start again.
We've learned that James is our best central midfielder and should start every game, if that means resting him in training then do that - he needs to start.
We've learned Bielik can't pass forward and is too slow to be useful in any transition, in fact he often stops transitions when he refuses forward passes and plays it backwards. He needs swapping for Sunjic.
We've learned that if we do actually play the ball to Miyoshi and Dembele's feet then they often do something good - so lets do that more.
We've continued seeing that Aiwu isn't the player to partner Sanderson for the rest of the season. So we need a CB on 1st Jan.

We've also learned that the previous 'boring' predictions of finishing this season mid-table, before having a go for the playoffs next year, we're very wrong.... we are in for a 'super-exciting' relegation battle. Maybe it'll go down to the last day again - what fun!

Good summary.

If he picks Burke again I'm not going to be happy. He's had enough chances now. Ditto Aiwu. get Long back in the team now!

Stansfield with Miyoshi behind him worked like a dream. Stansfield out wide and in the 10 role under Eustace didnā€™t work, and he looks the shadow of the player he was now under Rooney
17:58, Sat 2 Dec
Obafemi
Donā€™t think anyone played badly. I think we played better than against the Albion. It will come

You didn't think Burke played badly? Ditto Aiwu?
18:13, Sat 2 Dec
Obafemi

WOW
18:32, Sat 2 Dec
Another positive is that , by now , the realisation of the fact that this is going to be a relegation battle might finally be sinking in ?

And?

Maybe some people are just better at managing their expectations?
18:40, Sat 2 Dec
Icm2023
Mr Miyagi and the X-Men
...we've actually gone up a place šŸ˜¤

Jordan James.

šŸ‘

Mental he was dropped.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
18:42, Sat 2 Dec
Obafemi

You been drinking all day?
18:50, Sat 2 Dec
Iain_Gavin
fradge
Felix1875
Lots of positives...

Good summary.

Stansfield with Miyoshi behind him worked like a dream. Stansfield out wide and in the 10 role under Eustace didnā€™t work, and he looks the shadow of the player he was now under Rooney

Tbf Standfield scores a few goals In that 10 role. Itā€™s not position, he just looks crap now regardless of where he plays.
18:54, Sat 2 Dec
A clean sheet
1 more point towards the total in what will IMHO be another relegation battle
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
18:54, Sat 2 Dec
So another player that has regressed under Rooney. Add him to the list that includes Ruddy, Sanderson, Bielik,Longelo, Sunjic and Myoshi
19:18, Sat 2 Dec
Newbs
So another player that has regressed under Rooney. Add him to the list that includes Ruddy, Sanderson, Bielik,Longelo, Sunjic and Myoshi

Cā€™mon mate, Longelo and Sunjic were shite well before Rooney got here. Sanderson has always been overrated and Iā€™m not sure Rooney can be blamed for Ruddy not being able to hold the ball.