06:01, Sun 3 Dec
Of the current squad.

Definitely: Laird, Buchanan, JJ, Miyoshi, Stanno, Dembele

Maybe: Drameh, Aiwu, Beilik, Bacca

All we need is a keeper for a starting 11…
11:51, Sun 3 Dec
footballisanart
Of the current squad.

Laird, Buchanan, Bacuna (ish), Miyoshi, Drameh, Dembele, Jordan James & Stansfield.

Players that I'd assume they would fit the style of Rooney-ball (haven't played a game yet of injured/not selected a lot):
Keshi Anderson, Alfie Chang, George Hall, Junior Dixion & Donovan.
To answer your question - all of them, they having been doing it in small doses in various matches, namely first half against Ipswich, spells of the game at Sunderland, second half against Wednesday and most the second half at Blackburn, so they have proved they are capable.

The main problem has been individual errors which has cost us, leaking goals and costing us results, this in turn has impacted in a loss of confidence individually and as a group.

The fix as I see it is a leader on the pitch, a Barry Bannon type player who can lead and orchestrate the team, JJ could fit the bill, bit of a responsibility at such a young age, but he certainly has it.

I would use all the available funds to get such player and hope the fecker stays fit.
12:12, Sun 3 Dec
I'm starting to think that only Man City level players can do it after listening to the post match comments, is it really that difficult?
I know we beat Albion but their style seemed to be something like what we are aiming for, although they are missing a goalscorer same as most other teams. Have they got better players or just a better manager?
12:22, Sun 3 Dec
Impossible to answer because I don’t even know what Rooneyball is. I have seen a myriad of attempted styles and formations so far in only 8 games Bigger problem is I’m not convinced Rooney does either and the players definitely do not.
12:25, Sun 3 Dec
Corberan should be one we are constantly looking at. And as I’ve said before Mowatt and Asante would also help. Asante definitely would transform us
Tony Fantastico
12:25, Sun 3 Dec
Regardless of results, I don't think anyone can hand on heart say with any real conviction that we ever looked a cohesive attacking threat under Eustace.

It was always sit deep, go back to front as fast as possible and hope our front 3 or 4 could string enough together to make something happen. Absolutely nothing went through the midfield, it was always recover the ball then a sideways pass.

I do genuinely believe we were going to have to change style at some point, we couldn't have continued playing that way forever and I don't think Eustace was brave enough to try.

This could be a good thing for us and a way to find out who's worth keeping in the squad going forward. A good friend of mine is a Leeds fan and has drawn parallels to what Bielsa had to go through when he first joined them. Quickly rooted out the players that for whatever reason were incapable of passing it positively.
12:28, Sun 3 Dec
I definitely think the defence lacks an experienced leader that can play Rooney football.

Someone to play next to Sanderson, is crucial imo.
12:31, Sun 3 Dec
That Leeds comment is quite encouraging, the caveat being Beilsa clearly knew, knows what he is doing and WR hasn't yet shown that he does. He sounds like he might do, hope he gets it sorted but it's worrying so far.
Tam
12:32, Sun 3 Dec
BlueCobbler
Regardless of results, I don't think anyone can hand on heart say with any real conviction that we ever looked a cohesive attacking threat under Eustace.

It was always sit deep, go back to front as fast as possible and hope our front 3 or 4 could string enough together to make something happen. Absolutely nothing went through the midfield, it was always recover the ball then a sideways pass.

I do genuinely believe we were going to have to change style at some point, we couldn't have continued playing that way forever and I don't think Eustace was brave enough to try.

This could be a good thing for us and a way to find out who's worth keeping in the squad going forward. A good friend of mine is a Leeds fan and has drawn parallels to what Bielsa had to go through when he first joined them. Quickly rooted out the players that for whatever reason were incapable of passing it positively.

No, we weren't high scoring, but nor were we conceding of course. I actually enjoyed watching some of the games this season and thought that we were evolving towards being a decent side going forward. Perhaps it was just me, but I thought that our quality of football was getting better.
Make Blues Great Again
12:43, Sun 3 Dec
Oh, yeah 100%. Not saying Rooney is the guy to finish the evolution, but I do think it had to start at some point. Obviously there's no hiding from the issues about timing and the fact Bielsa was a far, far, far more competent and proven manager but I am starting to see more of the rationale behind the board making the changes and wanting to change the culture.

As for us evolving under Eustace this season, I genuinely never saw it. I never felt we had games where we were in complete control. There were plenty of games like QPR and Preston that were there for the taking if we knew what to actually do with it. Not saying we're any better now obviously, I just don't think it's that much if a step backwards to take two forward.... Eventually. Maybe.
12:44, Sun 3 Dec
who can play it? tough one to answer as i still don’t know what it is !
12:48, Sun 3 Dec
Are we genuinely comparing Wayne Rooney to Marcelo Bielsa 🤣
C'est la vie
Tam
12:51, Sun 3 Dec
BlueCobbler
Oh, yeah 100%. Not saying Rooney is the guy to finish the evolution, but I do think it had to start at some point. Obviously there's no hiding from the issues about timing and the fact Bielsa was a far, far, far more competent and proven manager but I am starting to see more of the rationale behind the board making the changes and wanting to change the culture.

As for us evolving under Eustace this season, I genuinely never saw it. I never felt we had games where we were in complete control. There were plenty of games like QPR and Preston that were there for the taking if we knew what to actually do with it. Not saying we're any better now obviously, I just don't think it's that much if a step backwards to take two forward.... Eventually. Maybe.

We'll agree to disagree about the evolution bit, but maybe he was playing to the strengths of his players, which isn't a bad trait in a manager I guess! A lack of a decent centre forward hampered him, as it does Rooney of course. As you say, the timing didn't help, nor did the fact that it was Rooney as successor. Not a popular choice, and not just because of his record, I suspect, and I think that might have come as a bit of a shock to Wagner and co. Quite a unfortunate starting point for Rooney in every way.
Make Blues Great Again
12:52, Sun 3 Dec
footballisanart
Of the current squad.

Would help if anybody knows what rooneyball is. I don't think he has a style based on our games, and his derby and d.c united spells.