30 Mar - Prince Of Wales Theatre, Cannock
20 Apr - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton on Trent
7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
00:15, Mon 4 Dec
I can’t disagree and I can certainly sympathise. I don’t do skateboards, roller skates, ice skates, skis, scooters or snowboards. I have enough aches and pains as it is without tempting fate and I’ve never been an adrenaline junkie but I am of the opinion that if you want to do something (lawful) just do it, regardless of age, gender, societal norms or other people’s disapproval.

Ain’t no shame in learning something new.
00:40, Mon 4 Dec
Do a kick flip!
06:19, Mon 4 Dec
Miguelagenn
At what age are you too old to ride a skateboard? In my head it's about 13 but it would ruin my Sunday if I never found out what everyone else thought.

When your knees and ankles say no
06:26, Mon 4 Dec
I don’t think that there’s a legal upper age limit.

But over the age of 15 and you are more likely to look ‘wrong’ than cool.
06:36, Mon 4 Dec
The only reason it seems wrong here is because of how tragic our public skateparks are. go to America or Australia the Sheer size of their public parks is incredible whereas we have 3ft ramps with no flow to them.
I am not a skater but I BMX and MTB so with the BMX we share a lot of what the skaters use and both are an Olympic sport now.
09:08, Mon 4 Dec
I'm 56 and stopped last year, due to a sore knee (from falling off my bike :-), so just do it as long as you enjoy it. Thats what's life is about, enjoy it while you can, you only get one life
09:32, Mon 4 Dec
4CELL
The only reason it seems wrong here is because of how tragic our public skateparks are. go to America or Australia the Sheer size of their public parks is incredible whereas we have 3ft ramps with no flow to them.
I am not a skater but I BMX and MTB so with the BMX we share a lot of what the skaters use and both are an Olympic sport now.

Like those other sports which rely on ‘artistic impression’ as part of the scoring, they’re not really sports in my view. 99% of people watching have no real idea of what’s going on. As circus or theatre it’s fine if that’s your thing. BMX racing is quite good chaotic fun but the element of trick cycling is too great. Fine for youngsters being a bit silly but no one seriously riding a bike rides a BMX surely? Why not a one wheeler in the Olympics?
09:40, Mon 4 Dec
newblue
4CELL

Like those other sports which rely on ‘artistic impression’ as part of the scoring, they’re not really sports in my view. 99% of people watching have no real idea of what’s going on. As circus or theatre it’s fine if that’s your thing. BMX racing is quite good chaotic fun but the element of trick cycling is too great. Fine for youngsters being a bit silly but no one seriously riding a bike rides a BMX surely? Why not a one wheeler in the Olympics?
I've competed at pro level events, and it is full time profession at the very top. 99% of people watching who aren't into BMX or Skating have no idea what's going on, the same way I have no idea what is going on if I watch an American football game.
09:58, Mon 4 Dec
Surfing is in the next Olympics isn’t it? I’ve no idea how that is a professional sport or how you are meant to watch it. That flip flopping around on snow boards is a load of nonsense too in my view. They’ve made it more interesting by introducing an element of racing into it.
10:18, Mon 4 Dec
A load of nonsense 😂 What a ridiculous opinion. Why do you care if someone wants to surf, snowboard, or skateboard?

I loved skateboarding upto the age of 16, when drinking pretty much replaced it.

I did consider picking it up again during lockdown but probably didn't want to do it enough. It's a brilliant pastime.
11:07, Mon 4 Dec
newblue
Surfing is in the next Olympics isn’t it? I’ve no idea how that is a professional sport or how you are meant to watch it. That flip flopping around on snow boards is a load of nonsense too in my view. They’ve made it more interesting by introducing an element of racing into it.

Surfing was in the last Olympics.

It is also in the next Olympics, but has made some news in that it is apparently being held in Tahiti as a French colony, rather than in somewhere like Biscarosse or Hossegor in the south of France.
Dan
12:22, Mon 4 Dec
Any older than 16 is problematic, but any older than 25 is a real issue.

Anybody who skateboards and is over the age of 35 should not be left alone with children.
Formerly Deckchair
A load of nonsense 😂 What a ridiculous opinion. Why do you care if someone wants to surf, snowboard, or skateboard?

I loved skateboarding upto the age of 16, when drinking pretty much replaced it.

I did consider picking it up again during lockdown but probably didn't want to do it enough. It's a brilliant pastime.

Basically what I did, picking it up towards the end of Covid. Was bored of MTB and wanted something quicker and easier to just get up and go without having to change clothes etc.

There’s lots of different types of skateboarding too. It doesn’t have to be skatepark stuff, there’s also Surfskate, longboarding or cruiser boards, the latter being my preferred after trying all of them.
12:40, Mon 4 Dec
Formerly Deckchair

I’ve not got anything at all against people doing it, some of it looks reasonable enough fun if that’s your thing. Bit strange as an Olympic sport though, and do notice that the competitors seem to all be about 13 and a bit beanie and moonie like. Still, probably healthier than soft drugs.

I think you should try drinking and skateboarding. I think it improves balance.