Tha Project OBE
Can we have one please. 250 words max per post. That should be plenty.

Should be 250 words max per DAY.
That'd stop the boring bastards and return this messageboard to something worth reading.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
How dare you.
18:01, Mon 4 Dec
Tha Project OBE

That'd stop the boring bastards and return this messageboard to something worth reading.

Some people are capable of being boring or missing the point entirely in a lot less than 250 words.

Personally i'd much rather read something interesting that was thousands of words long that made multiple good points than a 10 word post that is a complete waste of letters
18:03, Mon 4 Dec
I assume that it's in the interest of the forum owner to gain as much indexable, original content as possible. I would also suggest that not having limits allows for more interesting and engaging discussions, so I would vote against this suggestion if it were open to vote upon.

What is your reasoning for why you believe anybody would benefit from this suggested change?

To fecking shut you up
18:07, Mon 4 Dec
Tha Project OBE

Some people are capable of being boring or missing the point entirely in a lot less than 250 words.

Personally i'd much rather read something interesting that was thousands of words long that made multiple good points than a 10 word post that is a complete waste of letters

Doesn’t happen though does it, the board just fills with longwinded morons who for some inexplicable reason think they’re clever, and who then repeat the same shite ad nauseum. Those types should just get a blog.

It’s a message board, not an essay writing contest.
Tha Project OBE
I assume that it's in the interest of the forum owner to gain as much indexable, original content as possible. I would also suggest that not having limits allows for more interesting and engaging discussions, so I would vote against this suggestion if it were open to vote upon.

What is your reasoning for why you believe anybody would benefit from this suggested change?

To fecking shut you up

That's a well reasoned and comprehensive answer FB.
A little long but decent.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
18:11, Mon 4 Dec
Typical controlly solution. Just ignore the ones you are pissed off with. Like me for example.
19:08, Mon 4 Dec
WR Blue

Votes? Do you think this is a democracy? *chuckle*
20:13, Mon 4 Dec
Tha Project OBE
To fecking shut you up

I doubt that people want to see a bunch of one-sided arguments because those outside of the in-crowd have all been silenced. Although if they do, there's a non-football forum that operates that way which would probably be suitable.

El Mayor

As somebody who owns web property myself, I'm absolutely clear that this is a private space where registered members can comment as long as they are provided continued permission to do so, as opposed to a democracy. I've been around forums for enough decades to have seen the 'but this is not a democracy' argument having to be rolled out by moderators. I just used the voting analogy because it seemed to fit - some forums do allow user votes on policy in order to increaser user engagement.
21:18, Mon 4 Dec
WR Blue
El Mayor

As somebody who owns web property myself, I'm absolutely clear that this is a private space where registered members can comment as long as they are provided continued permission to do so, as opposed to a democracy. I've been around forums for enough decades to have seen the 'but this is not a democracy' argument having to be rolled out by moderators. I just used the voting analogy because it seemed to fit - some forums do allow user votes on policy in order to increaser user engagement.

You really are the verbose one aren't you?

97 words when maybe "Of course not lol" would have sufficed.
21:36, Mon 4 Dec
WR Blue
El Mayor

Blimey ... you should have a word with that Almajir bloke ... tell him his blog should be once a month and go no further than "shit has happened ... bye"

πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹
BORE OFF !!!
21:49, Mon 4 Dec
Rags
WR Blue
El Mayor

Blimey ... you should have a word with that Almajir bloke ... tell him his blog should be once a month and go no further than "shit has happened ... bye"

I think there's a touch of a difference between a blog post and a forum post dear boy.

But yeah, I too can be verbose. In fairness I rarely post more than five a month now anyway, work being what it is.
22:00, Mon 4 Dec
Rags
WR Blue
El Mayor

I think there's a touch of a difference between a blog post and a forum post dear boy.

But yeah, I too can be verbose. In fairness I rarely post more than five a month now anyway, work being what it is.

Linked Image
BORE OFF !!!

Reported