11:10, Tue 5 Dec
Llanon_joe
TaylorJay84
Even when in the prem granted under Bruce/Mcleish hardly exciting football the crowds stayed away unless the big boys game to town.
I’m not sure where they are going to find these extra 10-15k fans to fill this shiny new stadium.

A better product on the field and pushing for promotion will drag some in of course, but the parallels to Man City I keep seeing online are daft!
They simply have/had a bigger fanbase and obviously a few have jumped on the glory ship, but that is a long way aways for us imo.
Most teams have a waiting list most of our loyal fans are in gods waiting room or are just so disillusioned they can’t be arsed anymore.

The atmosphere is pretty crap and it’s sad to see, people get stared at like they are a bloody alien if they try to spark up a chant these days 😂

Man city definitely have a bigger fan base now but, I would be very surprised if they have a waiting list for tickets. I was told last week by a guy from the area that apparently, they give a lot of their tickets away to schools. Which sounds like a great idea to keep kids interested. But they were doing that for the real Madrid semi final last year because they couldn't sell out the ground. Doesnt the Etihad still have the nickname of 'emptyhad'?

I'd much rather focus on filling our own ground first before we start looking at the dizzy heights of premier league with a new stadium. A 40,000 seat stadium with only 15/20,000 going? Is that really what we want?

they didnt give away any tickets away for the CL semi final lol

didnt go to general sale
11:12, Tue 5 Dec
It's just what I was told, I was just as surprised as you. Bit he seemed pretty convinced 🤷
In terms of numbers, whilst not saying we’d have completely sold out, I think we’d have got maybe 24-25k for the Leeds game, possibly Albion as well, which would have been decent considering the attendance decline over the years.

Speaking of those games, i thought the atmosphere was pretty good there, but that was probably only because we were winning. I have noticed that we have become very only sing when you’re winning as well. Some of the new chants like somebody else said are pretty dire as well.

Either way it’s impossible to get any sort of atmosphere atm when we’re playing so poorly, and there’s so much toxicity in the place.
11:37, Tue 5 Dec
Sparky39
Us "old heads" from the 80's are now well into our 60's and popping statins from the comfort of our armchairs

speak for youself I'm popping Statins and blood thiners from the comfort of the Tilton
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
12:11, Tue 5 Dec
Tilton standing area was basically built for the lads in who are in Block 11 you know the ones who used to chant we'll sing on our own all dress in black i should imagine they all voted for safe standing but doesent seem many have moved down done my time on the Tilton leave it to the young uns now .
13:28, Tue 5 Dec
The Leeds game felt abit of a party atmosphere obviously with the new owners, players and hope etc, but the air has gone out of the balloon somewhat now.
Hull was a real low point though, you could hear a pin drop and then the boos and angst against WR!
It ain’t good to see fans fighting or bickering amongst themselves in the stands, maybe I’m just getting too old for all that.

Inspiring football, results and of course fair prices will or should help get bums on seats, Christ knows when that’ll happen though.

Referring to the waiting list, I think a fair few fans with set capacities do have general waiting lists, City did at Maine Road to the new stadium and they’ve expanded again since being there, Arsenal, Spurs and now Everton.
I’m sure the likes of Bournemouth (smaller world altogether) Brighton and Palace do to who are all thinking of planning of expansion.

For blues right now don’t get me wrong I love the ambition being shown by the new lot, but to consistently see 26/27k would be something.
We really need to walk before we can run in many aspects, we’re starting with such a low bar in many ways as a club after an abysmal last decade.
David Xavis
My Blue Heaven
I think we need to try and find away, you’re right the atmospheres been desperate for a long time

We need DV to design a giant flag!

I thought the Leeds game was decent this year but other than that it’s like a morgue

I thought Leeds, Plymouth and Milwall and Albion were great.

We met some Union Saint-Gilloise fans going to the Albion game, making a trip of it after going to Anfield the night before. They went to QPR the next day. They texted after saying Blues was easily the best atmosphere of the three. Disappointed with Anfield and Loftus Road. Coincidentally, we played well and won that one (and I guess a big Albion following helped). It will come good with decent performances and results.
The Devlin Disguise
David Xavis
My Blue Heaven
I think we need to try and find away, you’re right the atmospheres been desperate for a long time

We need DV to design a giant flag!

I thought the Leeds game was decent this year but other than that it’s like a morgue

I thought Leeds, Plymouth and Milwall and Albion were great.

We met some Union Saint-Gilloise fans going to the Albion game, making a trip of it after going to Anfield the night before. They went to QPR the next day. They texted after saying Blues was easily the best atmosphere of the three. Disappointed with Anfield and Loftus Road. Coincidentally, we played well and won that one (and I guess a big Albion following helped). It will come good with decent performances and results.

Spot on, two good away performances Friday and Wednesday and the atmosphere v Leicester will be great.
15:00, Tue 5 Dec
Double speak for yourself.

I was a non statin 62 year old in block 37.

Turning to above points

- Fair play to the youngsters in block 38/39 for trying. When Rotherham sang were drawing away etc they responded with 'we lose every week, how shit must you be we lose every week'. Made me laugh. There was also a song that had the line 'hes shagging your nan in it' - not sure who they were referring to.
- Been to 3 games this year and yet to see us score - all poor performances (2 Eustace / 1 Wazza).
- Owners trying to run before they can walk. FFP constraints always meant that a run for promotion was going to be 2-3 years away. Now they appear to have turned it into a relegation scrap.
- Atmosphere has been poor for 10 years maybe coinciding with a lot of old heads like myself giving up season tickets.

Based on what I have seen from Rooney so far the owners (not Cook) may have to make a big decision here very soon.

I'll still go but the feel good factor destruction has been at their own making.

Finally - criticism of the players is for the training ground not for the media Mr Rooney.
15:57, Tue 5 Dec
Does anyone know how many former Tilton season ticket holders have moved back to their old 'seat'? Is it possible it will fill up a bit more next season when (if) people renew again?

I've not lived in Birmingham for years so a bit out of the loop on how it's all been working.
15:59, Tue 5 Dec
Not a comment on the atmosphere, which has been poor for years, just a question about attendances. I did notice it's looked quite sparsely populated over the last few games.
16:19, Tue 5 Dec
theAtlas
Sparky39
Us "old heads" from the 80's are now well into our 60's and popping statins from the comfort of our armchairs

True, would need 24hrs notice for a pitch invasion for sure.

And Sanatogen dispensers on the back of the seats.
Up the feckin Blues