11:02, Thu 7 Dec
KROJim
Christmas off then. Too many part time players, this lack of consistency doesnt help Rooney or any manager in fairness. How can Rooney expect to find a settled team if this kind of thing is happening. I certainly wouldnt continue to adopt this approach when recruiting players moving forward.

But this is how we've managed to acquire the players for such low fees. A player of Laird's ability from a club like Man Utd who's fit and available every game costs three times as much. Same with Tyler Roberts.

The only solution is to find ways of being able to spend more money.
I'm sure there's loads to it but I don't understand why some players get injured so much and some never do.

Is it down to your twitch muscles and all that stuff- i.e. what makes you fast?

How can someone so fit get injured so much? Baffles me.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
11:24, Thu 7 Dec
Once a player gets injured they can become vulnerable to repeating that injury or associated complications - unfortunately. The game has always seen many, many players whose careers are wrecked by repeat injuries. They can hamper and reduce performance too.

What I think we have to question is how the risk we have taken in these players has been assessed. There are two players here we have signed long term - we must have taken the view that it will work out for us in the long term, based on some sort of medical assessment at the signing. I’m pretty sure we aren’t going to get insight into this, though I would find it very interesting. Clubs must do it al the time with players I suppose, both selling and buying.
11:41, Thu 7 Dec
GasmanDong
Is there any update on the return of these players? Feel like Tyler Roberts only had 1 game before he got injured. Like Hall & Anderson though, hopefully give Rooney a few more options soon

3/4 of a game.

It was obvious over the summer Blues brought in several players with a history of injuries. That's why we could afford them.
Talented players who stay fit command big salaries and transfer fees.
We can't afford to fill out squad with proven top players at Championship level.
We wouldn't be able to even if we started with a blank page for contracts and P&S.

My expectation was at least two players would spend more or less all season injured.
11:49, Thu 7 Dec
Tha Project OBE
Bring back Max. At least the bastard tended to be available.

Looks like Drameh will turn out to be our most valuable signing, filling in for the weaklings on either flank.

Thank God Tom has sent his snake oil salesmen over.

Drink more water, eat less tomatoes and Laird will never get injured again, not even sunburn.
We have players made from biscuits, weetabix and now cheese. We cheddar known this when we signed them.
11:52, Thu 7 Dec
We need Brady's Doctors to get these injections into them asap

Asthma diagnosis for the whole squad
Happy Clapper
12:05, Thu 7 Dec
The loan signing of Drameh is looking like a very smart piece of business now.
Buy my novel (if you want to of course), The Loneliness That Others Call Freedom by Steven Vaughan. Available in both Kindle and paperback format.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

@stevanderman
12:06, Thu 7 Dec
Bluemarc81
Greebo joe
Well we already are.

I mean with our recruitment going forward.

Roberts, Laird, Anderson, Hall - All made of biscuits it seems.

We’ve recruited brilliantly according to some.
Without any sarcasm at all, I just plainly disagree.
12:20, Thu 7 Dec
When we signed this lot in the summer, to me it seemed like most people thought they were mostly, if not all, decent signings.
The cold never bothered me anyway
12:21, Thu 7 Dec
Sheep2
GasmanDong
Is there any update on the return of these players? Feel like Tyler Roberts only had 1 game before he got injured. Like Hall & Anderson though, hopefully give Rooney a few more options soon

3/4 of a game.

It was obvious over the summer Blues brought in several players with a history of injuries. That's why we could afford them.
Talented players who stay fit command big salaries and transfer fees.
We can't afford to fill out squad with proven top players at Championship level.
We wouldn't be able to even if we started with a blank page for contracts and P&S.

My expectation was at least two players would spend more or less all season injured.

It’s not a case of the only options being crap players who stay fit or injury prone players who are good at football though - we just have to start looking a bit further afield.

It always amazes me looking at Brighton’s recent signings as over the past few years, they’ve found some ridiculous bargains.

Until we’re at a point where we can spend decent money on widely known players, our big focus needs to be placed on our scouting department.

As an example where we’ve got it right - Buchanan. We signed him from Werder Bremen and I reckon he’d have cost at least twice as much if we’d signed him from a British club. Same with Miyoshi. We need more of those signings where there’s less competition rather than finding decent players in the UK with red flags against them.
12:21, Thu 7 Dec
Recruitment has been poor. There is absolutely no point in buying players who we “hoped” would be fit. Maybe one gamble but look how many came in with dubious fitness records

Roberts
Long
Miyoshi
Laird
Anderson

You could add Sanderson to a degree.

I get the Hall contract decision because it was probably low risk in terms of salary but all of the above? Crazy
...you think signing Miyoshi was crazy, LOL 😤
We have players made from biscuits, weetabix and now cheese. We cheddar known this when we signed them.

Very good
13:06, Thu 7 Dec
Recruitment has been poor. There is absolutely no point in buying players who we “hoped” would be fit.

Weird how this opinion wasn't around before the season started, with many claiming it was the best window in a decade.