22:17, Fri 8 Dec
Everyone keeps going on about we were sixth when Euseless was there. But where would we be if he was still manager? I think about the same or a point or two better off. The Rotherham draw was about as bad as the Millwall and QPR draws when Eusless was in charge, we wouldn’t have beat Middleborough, Sunderland, Ipswich, etc.

The mistake the board made was to sack Eusless after two wins as I’m certain if they had kept him he would have been sacked by now anyway and it would have given Rooney some leeway.

The other thing about Eusless and Gardener is the players they bought in over the summer. Nearly all of them have been plagued by injuries, why did we buy/loan them. No matter how good they are they are no good when they are not playing. Look at the other championship sides and some of the players they have, young, skillfull, full of energy, our players with a couple of exceptions are slow, lacking in skill and energy. Look at Coventry tonight energy, give and go, making run after run and I’ve never heard of most of them, look at the football Plymouth and Ipswich play again with players I don’t really know of.
People might say it’s the coaches job to work at the tactics, player improvement etc. but the players have to have something in the first place to be able to do it.

As I see it Rooney is trying to play a type of football that will get us out this division and he is seeing what players can do it and who can’t. From the nine games so far possibly 3-4 can do it. Rooney will need 2-3 transfer windows to get the right players in and get rid of the rubbish. Whether he gets the time is another matter.

I know it’s not good at the moment but we have to back the club. The poor squad and scouting of new players previously was down to poor owners and lack of funds. But with the new owners we have to hope this improves. I’m hopeful as Rooney and Co should hopefully attract / persuade better players to come, in sure Asante at the Albion would have come if Rooney was in charge.

We going to have to wait and se.
22:19, Fri 8 Dec
You're correct it will get us out of this division, just the wrong way.
It's easier to beg for forgiveness, than ask for permission.
His ability to attract players is going into reverse. Who would want to come near him?
22:21, Fri 8 Dec
We could be 20th by this time tomorrow.
22:21, Fri 8 Dec
Everyone keeps going on about we were sixth when Euseless was there. But where would we be if he was still manager? I think about the same or a point or two better off. The Rotherham draw was about as bad as the Millwall and QPR draws when Eusless was in charge, we wouldn’t have beat Middleborough, Sunderland, Ipswich, etc.

The mistake the board made was to sack Eusless after two wins as I’m certain if they had kept him he would have been sacked by now anyway and it would have given Rooney some leeway.

The other thing about Eusless and Gardener is the players they bought in over the summer. Nearly all of them have been plagued by injuries, why did we buy/loan them. No matter how good they are they are no good when they are not playing. Look at the other championship sides and some of the players they have, young, skillfull, full of energy, our players with a couple of exceptions are slow, lacking in skill and energy. Look at Coventry tonight energy, give and go, making run after run and I’ve never heard of most of them, look at the football Plymouth and Ipswich play again with players I don’t really know of.
People might say it’s the coaches job to work at the tactics, player improvement etc. but the players have to have something in the first place to be able to do it.

As I see it Rooney is trying to play a type of football that will get us out this division and he is seeing what players can do it and who can’t. From the nine games so far possibly 3-4 can do it. Rooney will need 2-3 transfer windows to get the right players in and get rid of the rubbish. Whether he gets the time is another matter.

I know it’s not good at the moment but we have to back the club. The poor squad and scouting of new players previously was down to poor owners and lack of funds. But with the new owners we have to hope this improves. I’m hopeful as Rooney and Co should hopefully attract / persuade better players to come, in sure Asante at the Albion would have come if Rooney was in charge.

We were promised a "winning mentality" ... all you are giving is an "excuse mentality" ... there's no more evidence to say we'd be in the same position under JE than there is to say we'd be fourth under JE
Tam
22:22, Fri 8 Dec
I would imagine that, as we had a squad that was used to playing a style that suited it, was strong defensively, and had a certain amount of confidence with what was being asked of it, that we would be several points better off than we are now. Obviously it's non-provable, but that's my feeling anyway.
Make Blues Great Again
LBN
22:23, Fri 8 Dec
mikegil
we wouldn’t have beat Middleborough, Sunderland, Ipswich, etc.

this testimony would be objectionable as speculation
I agree with everything you say.

Trouble is there is no sign of improvement.

His position is becoming untenable now. I think he's got until January at least but he needs to pick points up sharpish.
PS

"in sure Asante at the Albion would have come if Rooney was in charge"

Complete and utter bollox - Albion offered him three times what Blues did
22:25, Fri 8 Dec
We are likely back to the bottom of the pile of clubs where agents will want to send their players.

Injuries, losing weekly, sacking managers and appointing worse ones, fans at each other's throats.

Has anything really changed?

Oh yeah, at least we have some nice new light up boards on the side of the Kop and a few PowerPoint presentations to the VIP fans about how good we're going to be.
22:25, Fri 8 Dec
We'd be about 11th. Which is a hell of a lot better than we are now.

It's not important though, because the previous manager isn't coming back. What's important is making sure we either improve quickly or get rid of the current manager before we're staring down the barrel of relegation, again.
22:27, Fri 8 Dec
mikegil

You are a effng idiot n your nit welcome down the blues.

Imagine defending this shit
22:27, Fri 8 Dec
We had stability, togetherness and it was clear the players liked him and wanted to play for him. He would not have us kept us in 6th, but I bet we’d be doing better than we are now.

Another thing. I doubt we’d have all this toxicity and fan divide that we have now. It’s all caused by this appointment, more so the timing of it and the fact that Rooney is worse than Eustace as a manager. The stats as others have pointed out prove it.
22:28, Fri 8 Dec

with respect.

Bollocks. I reckon we would have at least 5 points more than we have now.
22:29, Fri 8 Dec
CastleBlue
mikegil

You are a effng idiot n your nit welcome down the blues.

Imagine defending this shit

Had a beer?