22:53, Fri 8 Dec
Got_the_blues
Is he poor or exposed by the tactics. Was pretty popular before waz.

Astonishing
Don't blame tactics for lack of effort and lack of pride.
Bielik needs dropping for that disgusting performance tonight.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
22:54, Fri 8 Dec
Waggeh
Got_the_blues
Is he poor or exposed by the tactics. Was pretty popular before waz.

I think he's good at sitting very deep, where he doesn't have to move much. Sticking a leg out and playing a short pass. In fact he's very good at that.

How many successful teams use a player like that though?

This.

His first thought in possession is to turn and face his keeper.
22:54, Fri 8 Dec
Not been the same since WR binned Sunjic. Shame. He was abject tonight though and should have been hauled off at half time
22:56, Fri 8 Dec
Seems either unfit or unbothered, probably both.
22:58, Fri 8 Dec
He looked a right plodder: I don’t know about ‘not bothered’. Hope not.
23:00, Fri 8 Dec
I don’t know either
23:01, Fri 8 Dec
Either way he needs dropping. JJ a youngster playing his heart out next to him doesn't deserve to be carrying a lazy oaf like that
23:02, Fri 8 Dec
Since Rooney has come in his immobility has been exposed somewhat.

However tonight he was pathetic from him, DVB O’hare ran past him time and time again with no effort whatsoever to track back.

Say all you want about needing to play in a 3, there is no excuse for just putting it in. Felt sorry for JJ tonight, doing his best with little or no support from the senior pro by his side.

Disgraceful performance.
23:02, Fri 8 Dec
No effort at all. Disgraceful.
23:03, Fri 8 Dec
Tam
Few months ago he was what we've always missed in midfield.

Funny aye it.
23:04, Fri 8 Dec
Not been the same since WR binned Sunjic. Shame. He was abject tonight though and should have been hauled off at half time

Binning Sunjic is the biggest mistake Rooney has made, and there have been quite a few.

His energy and pressing were crucial to the teams performances this season - that first 45 mins against Ipswich, when he was in tandem with James, was probably our peak. But then because he tailed off in the 2nd half of that game (and there were no better subs), that's it, out for good it would seem?
Tam
23:07, Fri 8 Dec
StechyBlue
Few months ago he was what we've always missed in midfield.

Funny aye it.

Yeah, there was a lot of love for him in the old system certainly. I've wanted to see an athletic, pacey, strong midfield for years, and I've never really seen him as that sort of player, probably because he isn't. But, in fairness, it worked quite well.
Make Blues Great Again
23:08, Fri 8 Dec
He was similar v Rotherham, woeful at times.
23:12, Fri 8 Dec

Binning Sunjic is the biggest mistake Rooney has made, and there have been quite a few.

His energy and pressing were crucial to the teams performances this season - that first 45 mins against Ipswich, when he was in tandem with James, was probably our peak. But then because he tailed off in the 2nd half of that game (and there were no better subs), that's it, out for good it would seem?

Virtually no-one here, or anywhere, expected Sunjic to be a regular or anywhere near the first team this year. JE managed to find a role for him, and a system in which he proved very effective at times.

That's what a good manager does.
23:15, Fri 8 Dec
We are missing a midfield general and leader on the pitch. They’re all too timid and just seem to accept mediocrity