23:20, Fri 8 Dec
Not been the same since WR binned Sunjic. Shame. He was abject tonight though and should have been hauled off at half time

Binning Sunjic is the biggest mistake Rooney has made, and there have been quite a few.

His energy and pressing were crucial to the teams performances this season - that first 45 mins against Ipswich, when he was in tandem with James, was probably our peak. But then because he tailed off in the 2nd half of that game (and there were no better subs), that's it, out for good it would seem?

Virtually no-one here, or anywhere, expected Sunjic to be a regular or anywhere near the first team this year. JE managed to find a role for him, and a system in which he proved very effective at times.

That's what a good manager does.

Yes, a good manager will micro manage each and every player to get the very best out of them all, for the benefit of the team as a whole

I'm not sure where permanently benching some of the better performers, wholst publicly telling some of the others to 'grow a pair' quite fits in with that
23:28, Fri 8 Dec
johnnyspex
I never want to see him play for us again.

Disgusting pig. Bin him off.

Wow. Amazing how he has turned from one of our most important players to a disgusting pig, and all it took was a change of manager, role and tactics
23:49, Fri 8 Dec
He put the same performances in under the last manager but got away with it.
23:51, Fri 8 Dec

What a complete load of rubbish ... you will just make up any old shit to knock JE so as to justify the amount you have emotionally invested in Rooney and the effort you have spent abusing anyone who questions him

That was by far the worst Bielik has EVER played for us ... and yet YOU are trying to blame Bielik's performance tonight on JE ?

Twisted mate, twisted
23:52, Fri 8 Dec
mr_crosby

He really didn’t. And the system and the partnership with Sunjic hid his weaknesses and highlighted his strengths. It’s called good management

Anyone could have seen that this formation and style of play would not suit him.
23:53, Fri 8 Dec
Tbf other than that spell before the World Cup last season, hes been pretty average for us; and not great this year. The last system and manager; with sunjic playing alongside him did better to mask his limitations and cover him. He’s hopelessly exposed and abject under this new system and Rooney, hence another dire performance from him today.
Tha Project OBE
Seems either unfit or unbothered, probably both.

This was the bloke last season everybody thought was our best player. Football is a confidence game as are many things in life. Perhaps the change in management has done something his confidence or maybe he is asked to play in a way that doesn't suit him or he is uncomfortable with. Or the communication to the players is poor.
00:03, Sat 9 Dec
johnnyspex
I never want to see him play for us again.

Disgusting pig. Bin him off.

Was great two months ago. What's changed?

I wonder if we've thought about setting our tactics to get the best out of the players where got before buying new ones to change the style?

Radical but you know, just an idea.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
00:13, Sat 9 Dec
His job under Eustace was so simple. Sit just infront of the back 4, win headers, intercept, cover one of the full backs when they bomb forward, and get his head up when he’s got the ball at his feet and start an attack. Meanwhile Sunjic is next to him ratting around, kicking people and disrupting

Hides the fact he’s got no legs

In this formation he is the deepest midfielder but playing far higher up the pitch. He’s being asked to press. He’s being asked to cover the width of the pitch. He’s being asked to receive in very tight spaces and keep the ball

He can’t do it. He’s not capable.
00:15, Sat 9 Dec
Needs dropping and flogging then. Simple.

I’m more concerned that a fella on here has been allowed to get away with calling one of our players a disgusting pig.
Tha Project OBE

And replaced by who? We're not allowed to spend the sort of cash needed to get a player in who can do all of that.
Tha Project OBE

I’m more concerned that a fella on here has been allowed to get away with calling one of our players a disgusting pig.

His lost was ludicrous. Even more ludicrous than the change we've made under Rooney.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
00:25, Sat 9 Dec
Bluestaines
Tha Project OBE

And replaced by who? We're not allowed to spend the sort of cash needed to get a player in who can do all of that.

That’s the point. Nobody in this squad can do that with the possible exception of James who needs to be further up the pitch. It’s madness to ask anyone to play that role at the moment
00:27, Sat 9 Dec
Iain_Gavin
mr_crosby

He really didn’t. And the system and the partnership with Sunjic hid his weaknesses and highlighted his strengths. It’s called good management

Anyone could have seen that this formation and style of play would not suit him.

I've not seen tonight but he is a different player under Rooney did they fall out which is why he came to us in the first.place ?
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
Tha Project OBE

How the feck should I know. The other poster said he’s incapable of doing more than the most basic things. If that poster is correct, the player should be in non league. Certainly not in the Birmingham City first team.