14:35, Sat 9 Dec
TaylorJay84
* Not accurate figures but you get the point

Monk comes in brings in 5 new players
Karanka comes in brings in 8 new players
Bowyer comes in brings in 11 new players
JE comes in brings in 13-18 new players

How come it’s always the players?
I know we’re buying them from Aldi rather than Harrods which means they’ll have more defects but come on that narrative surely can’t keep being rolled out.

How long we going to be blaming the ghost of Harlee Effin Dean.
because we have recruited badly, I hate the manager having to be told who to sign
14:37, Sat 9 Dec
We can’t do it until the summer at least due to ffp, so we’re stuck with the majority of them, unless we can sell some of them in January, which on current performances I can’t see anyone wanting them. We’ve only got 1 loan spot available, unless we send Burke back which would be a good idea.

As well, we’re stuck with Rooney as the owners won’t sack him, so we’re going nowhere but down the table, and into a relegation fight. He’s a terrible manager, our players are average and won’t play for him. it only ends one way.
14:39, Sat 9 Dec
gerry1875
The manager should be buying the players end of, imagine Bill Shankly, Bob Paisley, Clough or Ferguson standing for this shit, they signed the players who they wanted not who fits the profile

Works for Madrid, Bayern, City and many other clubs have an identity and philosophy.
Too glamorous ok, these have been done to death but Brentford, Brighton and many many more clubs apply that model.

That’s modern football! Most clubs have a DOF and transfer gurus that build squads adhering to a style of play.
14:44, Sat 9 Dec
gerry1875
TaylorJay84
* Not accurate figures but you get the point

Monk comes in brings in 5 new players
Karanka comes in brings in 8 new players
Bowyer comes in brings in 11 new players
JE comes in brings in 13-18 new players

How come it’s always the players?
I know we’re buying them from Aldi rather than Harrods which means they’ll have more defects but come on that narrative surely can’t keep being rolled out.

How long we going to be blaming the ghost of Harlee Effin Dean.
because we have recruited badly, I hate the manager having to be told who to sign

Nobody was saying we recruited badly in the summer, they were actually surprised by the calibre of player we were signing with breadcrumbs as a budget, the only signing I felt any knockback on was Burke, and obviously we needed a striker, missed out on Kaba etc.

Most fans if not all were over the moon with the squad around 10pm on Friday 6th October after beating the baggies and being 6th in the league.

Now they aren’t upto it, needs a complete overhaul.
Opinions and all that but the truth is somewhere in between for me, there’s some good players at this club.
14:48, Sat 9 Dec
👍
14:49, Sat 9 Dec
TaylorJay84
gerry1875
The manager should be buying the players end of, imagine Bill Shankly, Bob Paisley, Clough or Ferguson standing for this shit, they signed the players who they wanted not who fits the profile

Works for Madrid, Bayern, City and many other clubs have an identity and philosophy.
Too glamorous ok, these have been done to death but Brentford, Brighton and many many more clubs apply that model.

That’s modern football! Most clubs have a DOF and transfer gurus that build squads adhering to a style of play.
Put it this way we will never ever be on a level with Madrid or Bayern, Brentford and Brighton had to go that way
14:58, Sat 9 Dec
gerry1875
TaylorJay84
gerry1875

Put it this way we will never ever be on a level with Madrid or Bayern, Brentford and Brighton had to go that way

At nearly every football club the manager doesn’t sign the players, they may have some input on attributes, character etc but that’s about it.
So as facetious as I’m being, it’s just the facts of modern football.
Also so you want to hand a blank cheque book to WR and say Knock yourself out mate? What ability has he shown in his short managerial career that he can find talent and sign decent players?
There’s nothing wrong with our recruitment imo short of a striker or two but that subjects been done to death.
Bluenose27
Yeah they’ve royally messed up. Should have stuck with JE and given him the season, just for stability and allow us to build off the field, and then dispense with him in the summer and start the proper rebuild there. I don’t think anyone would have complained about that.

Most would have been happy with that. I don't recall a demand for promotion from fans when the new owners came in.

In fact many said lets 'steady the ship' and hopefully have a nice top 10 finish if we can

From a selfish short term perspective i was looking forward to a decent season ( top 10-12 potentially) without having to look over our shoulders for a change. Oh well!!
There's some decent players at this club --along with some mediocre journeymen ,but as a squad they're easily good enough for this division . Rooneys come in with his big ideas and now they look like they met each other last week and spent most of this week in the Roost
15:41, Sat 9 Dec
We had a decent unknown manager doing alright with what he had.

We got some decent players in and getting some good performances out of them gradually despite still missing some lads.

We were building team spirit.

Positive mood around....tapping the badge etc at the end of a hard fought win. Lifting the atmosphere. The Baggies win, etc.

We were increasing attendance.
Moving in right direction.

We were 6th.

Then we got new owners in who have ambitious ideas.

We were all wondering how far we could really go!?

Pundits calling us dark horses.

Some really nice football on occasions.

...Then we appointed Rooney and we're all talking about the players not being good enough overnight or not seeming arsed or "back to basics".

Its mental. Only we could get ambitious new owners and immediately blow our own kneecaps.
15:44, Sat 9 Dec
There's some decent players at this club --along with some mediocre journeymen ,but as a squad they're easily good enough for this division . Rooneys come in with his big ideas and now they look like they met each other last week and spent most of this week in the Roost

One of the problems is that Rooney hasn't come in with any big ideas .... we've played about 7 different styles across the games he's been in charge which smacks of inexperience, uncertainty, immaturity and, to be frank, desperation.

With Zola at least he stuck to his principles and at least some of the football was decent (if naive)
15:44, Sat 9 Dec
Thongs
If you sack him you get another manager ordered to play the same way.

The players can’t do it

Change the players not the manager.

They can do it but it needs to be done slowly. If you replace a failing manager, you fix things and improve - the players will gain confidence with this. If you replace a manager who is doing well, the challenge is keep the team doing well. If you make a bunch of chances and everything goes to shit, it’s only natural that confidence and belief in your methods will drop quickly.

The players aren’t being asked to do anything spectacularly different to what Eustace asked at the moment. We’ve stopped passing it round the back, we’re not pressing like we did before… We’re not pushing really high up the pitch.
15:49, Sat 9 Dec
Spot on. Change the players

We’re way to soft when out of possession

Our midfield completely inept

Walking jogging

Hopefully we get 2 centre mids

A goalkeeper

Centre half

Ideally 2 strikers

No way Rooney going anywhere so get behind him
15:50, Sat 9 Dec
Or you need a coach with some experience of doing it

Mowbray had Sunderland playing well pretty quickly post Neil
16:21, Sat 9 Dec
Careful and diligent employment of a Manager / coach, not just a pal with a big name.

Careful and diligent employment of players who aren’t made of glass.

It’s all about getting in the right people. We have failed at this for years.