21:06, Sun 10 Dec
Every Rooney optimist I knew has now swivelled to the obvious.
21:28, Sun 10 Dec
I didn't want Rooney and don't have much faith in his managerial ability. But I'm a little embarrassed that within 9 games the fans have turned. 9 games, what have we become? He needs the chance of a transfer window to try and turn it round.

I don't think in any of the last 10 seasons the fans would have turned so early. But Knighthead's positivity with promises of becoming a global brand has somewhat affected the fans mindset. That lot down the road splashed the cash for 3 years before they got back to the prem. Cash we probably don't have. Even with the best manager and a good squad we could be down here for a good few years yet.

Maybe Garry Cook should issue a statement tomorrow to acknowledge the discontent? State that Rooney will be manager till the end of the season no matter what. Then it is up to us fans to accept it, come together, and get behind the team.

We will not get relegated, that I am sure of, so what is the hurry to get it right? And if he is sacked, does the new manager get 10 games to prove himself before the fans turn again? Rinse and repeat.
21:32, Sun 10 Dec
Didn't want Rooney, was happy to give him time but I've seen enough to know that this isn't going to work without changing most of the squad and quickly.

Even then, not convinced it ever will work with him.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
22:50, Sun 10 Dec
To be honest i am usually the first to want a manger gone when results drop. From when TF started to see his team languishing in mid table to the borefest of Bowyer. But maybe it is age or a desperation for the owners to start seeing some instant return however i really want to see Rooney turn it around.

To me results have highlighted a lack of character, spirit and probably talent in the squad. Not entirely sure any manager will get us results on a regular basis, maybe they will eek out a stringy run or two.

I hope Wayne gets enough points to build the squad in January.
23:17, Sun 10 Dec
To be honest i am usually the first to want a manger gone when results drop. From when TF started to see his team languishing in mid table to the borefest of Bowyer. But maybe it is age or a desperation for the owners to start seeing some instant return however i really want to see Rooney turn it around.

To me results have highlighted a lack of character, spirit and probably talent in the squad. Not entirely sure any manager will get us results on a regular basis, maybe they will eek out a stringy run or two.

"To me results have highlighted a lack of character, spirit and probably talent in the squad"

er ...

GBBlue
09:55, Mon 9 Oct

"We now have a pretty talented squad, destined for the 10-12th this season. Rooney (or whoever) will hopefully solidify a style that will be malleable to improve once even better players coming in next season."

So which is it ? ... "pretty talented squad" ? .... or "a lack of talent" "in the squad ?
23:40, Sun 10 Dec
Rags keeping the receipts 😂
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
00:07, Mon 11 Dec
I’d love to know what you’ve been watching for the last two months to be so sure we won’t go down.
We look toothless in most matches, weak as piss at the back and have no style of play from one game to the next.
No team in the division is in worse form since Rooney took over.
I’m not saying it can’t turn, but it’s a car crash at the moment.
07:07, Mon 11 Dec
Rags

"To me results have highlighted a lack of character, spirit and probably talent in the squad"

er ...

GBBlue
09:55, Mon 9 Oct

"We now have a pretty talented squad, destined for the 10-12th this season. Rooney (or whoever) will hopefully solidify a style that will be malleable to improve once even better players coming in next season."

So which is it ? ... "pretty talented squad" ? .... or "a lack of talent" "in the squad ?

I left out “available”. When Hall, Anderson, Roberts and Laird barely play between them.
08:14, Mon 11 Dec
I think the comments about the players lacking character, ability and/or specific skills for the new regime are wrong. A decent coaching set up will get this squad doing ok. I haven't written WR off but it isn't looking great.
08:34, Mon 11 Dec
Did Rooney do better at Derby because he had Liam Rosenior working with him?

How much blame needs to go towards the current coaching staff?
08:57, Mon 11 Dec
Too much change too soon. Rooney, O'Shea and Cole were all successful footballers but are unproven in management/coaching.

I am not asking for him (or them) to be sacked but Rooney is not the solution in my opinion. It all feels very Lee Clark like (with hints of Cotterill and Zola) but I think he will likely get a lot more patience from the owners and board.

I had no expectations of us going up this season. But after great improvements off the field, I was at least hoping for a season of us being competitive and not sucked into yet another relegation scrap. We are in the bottom 3 (or 4) teams on form over the last 5,6 and 10 matches (with the last including Eustace's final game). Our squad is not that bad but I am not seeing signs of any progress under this management/coaching team either!

After all the optimism and progress under the new owners, I am being sucked back to the default Blues mentality - hope for the best but prepare for the worst.
09:39, Mon 11 Dec
Did Rooney do better at Derby because he had Liam Rosenior working with him?

How much blame needs to go towards the current coaching staff?

He also had Steve McClaren sat upstairs, combing his hair.

Plenty will say Derby were shit under the triumverate, whoever was calling the shots. Not an opinion I’d share.