13:50, Mon 11 Dec
'Typical blues'
Since Knighthead came in, This has been a phrase we are trying to shake & Create a club we can be proud to support, many (including myself) couldn't wait to tell anyone that would listen that Blues are on our way back.

The positivity was returning, I know at least 4/5 people that bought season tickets having not been a regular for years for various reasons (now wish they hadn't bothered)

I dont blame Knighthead for the position we find ourselves in on the pitch, I mean there is info out there on the past 10 years but very difficult to emphasise just how bad its been to an outsider.

We do have two blues fans on the board though that DO know the ins and outs, that seen first hand and hopefully felt first hand how bad the Rowett/zola debacle was. I cant really say anything bad about Dale considering how instrumental he was bringing Knighthead to the table and I doubt he has a say when it comes to the hirings and firings.

There was a leek on Rooney's appointment around a month before hand and the online response was clear. Many not opposed to a new manager but rather than employing a 'mate' with no proven experience we asked there was a process involved to find the best man possible for the job.

They steamrolled it through regardless & for this Cook must shoulder 100% of the blame.

We now have firmly got out 'typical blues' title back and deservedly so
I think we all need to just allow the 'professionals' at the club run the club. As fans we can only do our bit by being positive and supporting the team.
14:02, Mon 11 Dec
They also said it would take time and asked for a little patience.

Amazing that nobody remembers that part though.
14:03, Mon 11 Dec
I’m still as positive for the future as when Eustace was here. I really am. Even though I’m pretty certain we’ll lose the next 2
Tony Fantastico
14:03, Mon 11 Dec
I think we should all repeat ourselves on here daily and slag people off who have proven track records.

That should do the trick.
14:05, Mon 11 Dec
oh me too.

problem is we live in here and now so difficult to seperate awful football and shite results from what may be the case in 5-10 years.

and if we want people to part with their money and be positive in the short term then things need to change pretty quickly
14:07, Mon 11 Dec
Maybe. But 4000 paid £37 to go to Coventry. We’ll take over a thousand to Cardiff and Plymouth sold out just reading Bronze. I’m not missing a league game this season regardless of Rooney. (Yes I understand others think differently)
Tony Fantastico
14:09, Mon 11 Dec
oh definitely, and we'll always have the core support, i'm positive about the future cause i know i'll be there regardless.

but we arent going to bring any waverers with us if it carries on like this
14:29, Mon 11 Dec
They did and rightfully so, but then made a decision in October that screamed of impatience rather than patience.
14:31, Mon 11 Dec
The away support isn’t the worry. We’ve had one of the best, in the championship anyway, away supports for years, and coincide that with the fact we’ve been awful for years on end.

It’s the home support that’s the problem, and has been a problem for many years now. It looked like home attendances were finally rising this year, given the optimism and mostly good results. Now they’re plummeting again, and as the original poster put, people returning who got season tickets in the summer now don’t want to bother.
14:32, Mon 11 Dec
Yet the newly opened Tilton and Kop lower tiers are almost empty, the GMU is closed and numbers in the GML are thinning.

Blues aren't everything to everyone, the floating support is turned off right now.
14:34, Mon 11 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
Maybe. But 4000 paid £37 to go to Coventry. We’ll take over a thousand to Cardiff and Plymouth sold out just reading Bronze. I’m not missing a league game this season regardless of Rooney. (Yes I understand others think differently)

I’d never miss a game because of the manager or current form! If I’m going, I’m going regardless of how we’re playing or who’s in charge.
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
14:37, Mon 11 Dec
When the away support turns though thats when the trouble really starts. Plymouth could be when it does.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
14:39, Mon 11 Dec
🤦‍♂️
14:52, Mon 11 Dec
Genuine question. What are you positive of about the future?