22:14, Wed 13 Dec
newblue
He’s never been the bomb scare some always say. Solid defender who obviously needs pace around him. Thought we controlled it. I don’t mind people saying it was a ‘JE’ performance if they want but tbh I thought we controlled the game in a way we rarely do/did. One swallow and that but a reasonable chinese of light. Cardiff looked pretty dire but some proportion (how much?) was down to us. I think we can all agree winning is sure a better feeling.

Tough game coming up of course.
Very tough game but the 3 after are very winnable.
22:18, Wed 13 Dec
KingCostly
Fair play to Roberts, he's helped steady the ship. Aiwu looked a lot better at right-back than he did at centre-half as well.

I don’t think Aiwu is a centre half in a month of Sundays, love how he plays and his excitement but his positional sense will never make him a centre half. But his attribute could make him a really good right back if he has a vocal CRB next to him.
22:34, Wed 13 Dec
I watched a Cardiff stream. Biased, obvs but pretty fair. They thought Cardiff dominated first half and should have been well up but admitted we were better in the second, while laying all the blame for their loss on the ref.

Very complimentary of our game management.
22:52, Wed 13 Dec
Probably less biased than most ‘home’ commentaries. I thought the first half was not that great (a neutral watching it would have probably said it was poor) but I’d have to demur and say neither side was particularly dominant. Scoring and going into the second half, we did control it. Quite a mature performance in the end.

No one’s much mentioned it but I thought our full backs were really good tonight and blocked off crosses really well.
22:55, Wed 13 Dec
newblue
Probably less biased than most ‘home’ commentaries. I thought the first half was not that great (a neutral watching it would have probably said it was poor) but I’d have to demur and say neither side was particularly dominant. Scoring and going into the second half, we did control it. Quite a mature performance in the end.

No one’s much mentioned it but I thought our full backs were really good tonight and blocked off crosses really well.

I think Buchanan was bullied first half and Aiwu was caught out of position. The goal helped Rooneys half time talk so much. After that Aiwu was much better positionally and Buchanan got a nasty challenge and rose like the Phoenix to play superbly after 60 minutes.
23:00, Wed 13 Dec
Aiwu made two errors early on, but was pretty decent overall. I thought Cardiff had better of the first half, just about, but we had the bastards by the balls for most of the second.
23:01, Wed 13 Dec
They were much more ‘in and around us’ first half but I don’t think we were exposed out wide like we have been. Was happier with Aiwu at full back and Buchanan is just a good player.
23:02, Wed 13 Dec
Tha Project OBE
Aiwu made two errors early on, but was pretty decent overall. I thought Cardiff had better of the first half, just about, but we had the bastards by the balls for most of the second.

Absolutely, we were lucky to be 0-0 at half time, let alone 1-0. I think they were lucky to be 1-0 at full time instead of 3-0. All positives.
23:04, Wed 13 Dec
newblue
They were much more ‘in and around us’ first half but I don’t think we were exposed out wide like we have been. Was happier with Aiwu at full back and Buchanan is just a good player.

Whilst I agree, I think Buchanan was seriously bullied first half and looked a little lost, again where Sunjic helped out. Second half he was faultless after that bad challenge.

Aiwu, I dunno, he seems one of those that puts in a great challenge after he’s lost his man in the first place. He can make up for a mistake, and it’s not a slur on him, he does well to recover. With some coaching he could be a really good right back.
23:13, Wed 13 Dec
Think Aiwu’s concentration needs working on, it’s cost us down the centre where the opposition have had their best players/finishers. I think he has room to improve and if he does he could be pretty good. I do think we have defenders who look pacy and can go forward which we haven’t had for a while.
23:19, Wed 13 Dec
I think Aiwu will go on to be a pretty good defender for us eventually. He's only young and tonight was his 9th or 10th game of Championship football so he's likely to improve from here. The areas he struggles in are areas he can be coached on.
newblue
Think Aiwu’s concentration needs working on, it’s cost us down the centre where the opposition have had their best players/finishers. I think he has room to improve and if he does he could be pretty good. I do think we have defenders who look pacy and can go forward which we haven’t had for a while.

Yep, if Aiwu is now a right back that means Laird, Dramah and Aiwu are fighting for that spot. Not seen the likes of that since Jenkinson became our 15th right back signing of the season.

But it’s a good place to be and strength in depth is great. The only issue I see is the only player that is ours permanently is very injury prone, and I feel for him, but long term I don’t think it’s sustainable. But I’ll enjoy tonight, if we sign Dramah or Aiwu I’ll be happy. Probably don’t need both.
Petebaldwin
I think Aiwu will go on to be a pretty good defender for us eventually. He's only young and tonight was his 9th or 10th game of Championship football so he's likely to improve from here. The areas he struggles in are areas he can be coached on.

I might have this wrong, I thought he was a loan? If it’s permanent then I’m very kean we invest in his development as a right back.
Tha Project OBE
I watched a Cardiff stream. Biased, obvs but pretty fair. They thought Cardiff dominated first half and should have been well up but admitted we were better in the second, while laying all the blame for their loss on the ref.

Very complimentary of our game management.
Better decision making and final ball and we win that by 3 atleast
Tony Fantastico
Tha Project OBE

We all see it different I thought other than a 10 minute spell when Cardiff could have s cored from a couple of corners we were the better in the first half.

Overall we should have won by at least a couple. The first goal is massive in this league. Need that bit more composure on the turnover.