11:41, Thu 14 Dec
That’s the key for me, last night was very encouraging but so was the Ipswich performance that we followed up with shite.

This does feel different though, fingers crossed.

What you may not have seen at the end was a real togetherness, even with the manager.

For me that was the only similarity with the John Eustace era, but a good one.

If only Wayne had patted the badge then we could all be moving forward together as fans.
11:44, Thu 14 Dec
Good to hear, though I’ve never thought that the players weren’t playing for him which is just rolled out as a lazy criticism when a team performs poorly.

Bielik was pushing that on Friday though, much better yesterday.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
Petebaldwin
It is weird how the run of 6 games without a win (including 4 losses and 2 draws at home against teams lower in the league than we currently are) seems to have been completely wiped from the memory for some.

We weren't getting thumped though. Draws were 'bore draws' but still not defeats, we beat
QPR if hogan has his scoring head on

Preston..Ironically, the best performance this season imo and lost
Watford.. Set up for a draw and the game was heading for 0-0, Sending off and conceeded after 87 mins
Norwich.. Yes, poor in 2nd half, no argument here

My point.....Norwich aside we were still competitive in September.
JE wasnt spectatular, we know that but he was doing ok and after the chinese ownership, a half decent season and top half does me
12:02, Thu 14 Dec
I think we all have to move on and try not to re-write history that JE was useless or that he was a messiah, his team were in the main well prepared, organised and had a plan and leave it at that. The performances under Rooney so far have been shambolic, but last night was a start, lets hope things improve, and back him to implement his plans.
12:07, Thu 14 Dec
Petebaldwin
We had 7 or 8 players up supporting an attack in the 2nd half at 1-0 up. I was shouting at my TV for some to drop back in case Cardiff won the ball. That never happened under JE - even when we were losing.

I was on the phone to my lad saying exactly the same thing. The truth in this post is somewhere between the 2 camps
We were set up very JE as in solid at the back and build from there (nothing wrong with that)
How we built from there was anything but JE. It was exactly what most of us wanted once we were solid. Quick incisive attacking.
Not going OTT but lets be honest if were perform like that for the rest of the season, we will win as many if not more than we lose. That is a good base to build on.
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
12:53, Thu 14 Dec
What really stood out in comparison to Eustace ball was the high pressing continuing in the 85th/90th minute, we won it back a few times just outside their box
Gazball?