22:20, Wed 13 Dec
PRBlue
Three in central midfield was the key.

Agreed, worked for us. Peace brother!
22:21, Wed 13 Dec
Sunjic was superb tonight.
Playing Sunjic James and Bielik paid off big time this evening.

MOTM between James and Sunjic for me.
Turn left when you get on a plane.
22:23, Wed 13 Dec
danielbcfc
Super Hans
danielbcfc
Sam_Bam_Bluenose
Just shows how much more solid we look with him in the team.

Bielik wasn’t covering half the ground he has been in previous weeks!
Bielik is an absolute liability. Called out on Friday on Sky, and another piss poor half arsed attempt at playing football tonight. Can’t head, pass or break anything up.

He deserved the stick on Friday but this is a proper bizarre take on tonight’s performance.
4 times there was a simple pass on, and he found a blue shirt when it was easier to find a red/orange/pink or whatever our shirt colour is putting us under pressure when we could have been in down the wing / through on goal.

I see what you’re saying, but I don’t think splitting through balls is his forte. To call him half arsed is still a stretch as far as I’m concerned. I’d much rather he attempts the correct ball and fail than put his foot on it, turn around and knock it back to a CB.
22:24, Wed 13 Dec
Tilton shark
Sunjic was superb tonight.
Playing Sunjic James and Bielik paid off big time this evening.

MOTM between James and Sunjic for me.

Surely that is our midfield 3 with Chang and others filling in on weeks we have multiple games.
22:24, Wed 13 Dec
Yeah it's a weird take having seen tonight's game. I honestly think he was just knackered on Friday. It's incredible seeing how much running Sunjic does - he'll regularly sprint up the pitch and then immediately turn around and sprint back to help the defence out and he does it all game. Bielik hasn't got that sort of stamina - one or two sprints forward and he needs a breather.

Play Bielik in front of the defence where he doesn't have to cover much ground and he's decent. Lots of times he picks up a loose ball in a dangerous situation and calmly tidies things up. Just don't ask him to play box to box as he's not capable of it.
22:25, Wed 13 Dec
danielbcfc
Super Hans
danielbcfc
Sam_Bam_Bluenose

Bielik is an absolute liability. Called out on Friday on Sky, and another piss poor half arsed attempt at playing football tonight. Can’t head, pass or break anything up.

He deserved the stick on Friday but this is a proper bizarre take on tonight’s performance.
4 times there was a simple pass on, and he found a blue shirt when it was easier to find a red/orange/pink or whatever our shirt colour is putting us under pressure when we could have been in down the wing / through on goal.

There were a couple of times he made really bad passes but I think we had control in midfield. Not just in front of the defence, but in the more contested space in front where we often come off second best. Thought he made his contribution to that control tonight.
22:26, Wed 13 Dec
Sorry? Not sure what game you were watching if that’s your honest assessment?
22:26, Wed 13 Dec
Radavis
He was a big difference, that energy. In the first half he one the ball, passed it to Bacuna who lost it, won it back, passed it to Bacuna who lost it and won it back again.

You can’t have players like Dembele and Bacuna without someone like Sunjic giving you the opportunity to cock up 3 times out of 4.

In an ideal world we wouldn’t need Sunjic because our attacking players would keep the ball, but where we are, we need a Sunjic type player and as much as I liked Keif, he’s a step up.

Added ( with the addition of an old school DEFENDER in Roberts) has made us a lot more solid
22:29, Wed 13 Dec
It almost feels like Aiwu and Sanderson are too similar... They both want to make last ditch tackles, they both want to be the one to step out of defence and stop passes etc but you need the big, "head it, kick it" defender taking up conventional positions next to them to provide balance.
22:33, Wed 13 Dec
Meadey
Radavis
He was a big difference, that energy. In the first half he one the ball, passed it to Bacuna who lost it, won it back, passed it to Bacuna who lost it and won it back again.

You can’t have players like Dembele and Bacuna without someone like Sunjic giving you the opportunity to cock up 3 times out of 4.

In an ideal world we wouldn’t need Sunjic because our attacking players would keep the ball, but where we are, we need a Sunjic type player and as much as I liked Keif, he’s a step up.

Added ( with the addition of an old school DEFENDER in Roberts) has made us a lot more solid

Completely agree, I see people angry Roberts clears it sometimes, and that drives me nuts. He’s good enough and old enough to know sometimes the sensible way out of danger is to pump it forwards for the the forwards to chase down.

If it was every time I’d get it, but it’s not. He really did look for the short ball and sometimes think it’s not on. That’s experience and I’d rather that than playing the short ball because your told to and giving up possession in a dangerous place, ala Cardiff tonight.
22:34, Wed 13 Dec
Sorry? Not sure what game SPORT you were watching if that’s your honest assessment?

Fixed that for you
22:37, Wed 13 Dec
You managed to bring a negative to the positives thread

???

How are you not buzzing after this win? Instead, you are finding the smallest negatives -what gives?
22:47, Wed 13 Dec
danielbcfc
Super Hans
danielbcfc
Sam_Bam_Bluenose

There were a couple of times he made really bad passes but I think we had control in midfield. Not just in front of the defence, but in the more contested space in front where we often come off second best. Thought he made his contribution to that control tonight.

Bielik's stats were really good tonight

The most touches (76), the most passes (55), and the best passing accuracy (85.5%)

A complete turn around from last Friday, well done to him
22:50, Wed 13 Dec
I agree he was better but I don’t think he was at his best. Not that I want to put a negative on it, but Beilik, Sunjic and JJ at their best is one hell of a midfield at this level.
00:26, Thu 14 Dec
Yeah Bielik is still way better than that.
Don’t know whether it was clear on tv but Sunjic was blowing out his arse after 70 minutes. But soldiered on.
Just got back. Having a large Jim Beam Red Stag then 4 and hours kip. Dreaming of nice things Blues related hopefully
Tony Fantastico