09:31, Thu 14 Dec
Last night was huge for me too, I thought he had lost the players on Fri and we wouldn't win another game under him.

Could see a clear plan and platform last night, what we wanted to achieve and should of beat a good Cardiff side by a few more.

I fully expect defeat on Monday against essentially a Premier League team, however, if we see us continue to build on this platform I'll be delighted. Need the fans with us Monday too, pack it out, make it horrible for Leicester.
09:36, Thu 14 Dec
Monday is important - not in terms of result as I fully expect Leicester to beat everyone in the league, but in terms of performance, effort and signs that even in (anticipated) defeat we are progressing. We followed up his only previous win with a defensive shambles at Blackburn and a truly awful performance against Rotherham, so hopefully we've developed
09:47, Thu 14 Dec
I think we should be very wary of recruiting the wrong players in January. I would look at loans rather than permanent deals. We just need to steady the ship before the Summer when recruitment for the long term can begin. We do not want lots of older players on long term contracts like we've had in the past.
09:50, Thu 14 Dec
We shouldn’t go into Monday with a defeatist attitude - Leicester are beatable- they’ve lost 3 times this season. If we keep the shape from last night and are a tad more clinical in front of goal, we have a chance.

The whole “JEs way”, “WRs way” is tiresome now. There were clear signs of progression last night. We passed it better and didn’t sit back when ahead. We pressed really well and much higher up. It was more sensible than in most of his games and ie was against a decent side. Be pleased we won and let’s hope it’s a start rather than a false dawn.
09:56, Thu 14 Dec
We never played the high press under Eustace.
09:56, Thu 14 Dec
You'll do for me. Yeah we have to be wary but let's show ambition.

We can beat Leicester especially as their injuries are mounting "Iheanacho may be the only player of the seven missing on Wednesday who returns. Harry Souttar was out with illness in midweek so is a contender to come back, but Yunus Akgun, Kasey McAteer, Marc Albrighton, and Callum Doyle are not likely to, albeit the latter is now “very close” after spending close to three months out with a knee issue" No Vardy as well for that matter.

Leicester will see more of the ball but if the players are patient and brave enough, we can beat them.
09:59, Thu 14 Dec
What's with auto correct of JE to John Eustace? Tinpot
10:03, Thu 14 Dec
Dunno mate but it drives me mad.
10:13, Thu 14 Dec
I think we still need to win 3 or 4 of the next 9 games to show that progress is being made. Having sunjic and beilik protecting the back 4 made us look more solid but neither of them are going to produce the pass quality that Stansfield, and hopefully a n other, to score regularly. If we had Laird, Anderson and Robert’s in the team for a few months rather than weeks then I think we would be a lot further down the road to the type of football Cook and Rooney wants us to play
10:35, Thu 14 Dec
Rags
"Off to give another talk and give some awards", !!
Wow ,you must be a very important fellow.

No ... but people with brains and intelligence seem to appreciate me.

Importance is something i despise

Everyone is a genius at something - life is just about finding out and recognising what your skills are.

I don't know you from Adam and you may well be a great bloke in the real world but what you write sometimes leaves me with the perception of self-importance. Then again, perhaps that's just because I don't have the brains and intelligence to appreciate it?!
10:39, Thu 14 Dec
Rags
"Off to give another talk and give some awards", !!
Wow ,you must be a very important fellow.

No ... but people with brains and intelligence seem to appreciate me.

Importance is something i despise

Everyone is a genius at something - life is just about finding out and recognising what your skills are.

I don't know you from Adam and you may well be a great bloke in the real world but, unless that was intended as just a throw away put down, what you write sometimes leaves me with the perception of self-importance. Then again, perhaps that's just because I don't have the brains and intelligence to appreciate it?!

"I don't know you from Adam"

Sorry i didn't realise.

Well, my mate Adam, he's the one with a quite long beard and walks with a limp. If you see us at the beach it's even easier because he had a toe amputated when he was 18 - hence the limp.

Oh yes ... and if you see just the two of us together he's the one with a massive cock.... but if you don't see us together, then those are the days he's without a massive cock

So now you DO know me from Adam - every day is a school day eh ?.
10:46, Thu 14 Dec
There's a few of us

Our goal at Swansea came from a high press on the opening day.

We played Bielok and Sunjic as a midfield two last night with James in front of them
That was JE's preferred set up. It's the first time Rooney has done it (The 4-3-3 at Boro doesn't count)
That's where and why the comparisons are valid.

I thought the football wasn't vastly different from a good JE performance.
I don't think that is surprising as we have the same players and they have proven not to be massively adaptable.
10:57, Thu 14 Dec
Rags
So what are Wagner and Cook going to do now .... settle for a style of football that they said they didn't want ?

They will allow Rooney to plod along, we establish safety, and eventually we will get a proper manager
11:05, Thu 14 Dec
Sheep2
There's a few of us

Our goal at Swansea came from a high press on the opening day.

We played Bielok and Sunjic as a midfield two last night with James in front of them
That was JE's preferred set up. It's the first time Rooney has done it (The 4-3-3 at Boro doesn't count)
That's where and why the comparisons are valid.

I thought the football wasn't vastly different from a good JE performance.
I don't think that is surprising as we have the same players and they have proven not to be massively adaptable.

How often did JE set up with those three like that in a 433?
11:47, Thu 14 Dec
JE couldn’t fit Bielik, Sunjic and James into the team in any effective way.