11:38, Sat 16 Dec
Newcastle vs Sunderland

Blues vs villa

Some toon fans saying Newcastle Sunderland Is the biggest Derby in the country
11:43, Sat 16 Dec
Neither

Norwich v Ipswich is the country’s biggest
11:44, Sat 16 Dec
They all say the same (including us). Wolves v Baggies, Forest v Derby they all think theirs are the biggest because to them they are - normal.
Up the feckin Blues
11:44, Sat 16 Dec
They're talking shite. They are something like 30 or 40 miles away. Don't get me wrong, it's fiesty but it's not blues villa.

I'm not biased at all, ours is the biggest in England.

Honourable mentions to West ham/Millwall and Pompey/Southampton.

Ours has pitch invasions, fans punching players, goal keeper clangers, flares thrown at each other, red cards and more.

You can judge a derby by it's kick off day and time. We'll never play villa midweek night time again (maybe in the cup ) and it'll always be a shitty 12 o'clock on a Sunday.
11:54, Sat 16 Dec
Violence isn't the guage for the size of a derby. It's 2023.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
11:59, Sat 16 Dec
There might be bigger derbys, but ours is the biggest cross city derby in England. Absolutely no doubt about that
12:01, Sat 16 Dec
If you are going to go for distance between grounds for local derby's then it's Liverpool and Everton, or in the UK it's Dundee Utd and Dundee
12:14, Sat 16 Dec
gerry1875
If you are going to go for distance between grounds for local derby's then it's Liverpool and Everton, or in the UK it's Dundee Utd and Dundee

Liverpool Everton no way you have Everton and Liverpool fans sitting together (usually family), Liverpool are more interested in Man u
12:15, Sat 16 Dec
Certainly not the most illustrious for the neutral, but the Old Farm derby is massive in that part of the world. I was in Ipswich midweek and go quite often for work, and the buzz in the town for the game today is palpable. Had it not been for family obligations, I’d have gone myself.
12:23, Sat 16 Dec
oswestryblue
gerry1875

Liverpool Everton no way you have Everton and Liverpool fans sitting together (usually family), Liverpool are more interested in Man u
That's why I said if it was based on locality, want to experience a Derby match try Stockport v Oldham.. Bit tasty that one
12:24, Sat 16 Dec
oswestryblue
gerry1875

Outsiders would probably argue villa are more interested in Wolves than us. Doesn't mean they're right.

Liverpool vs Everton is very obviously one of the biggest in the country.
12:26, Sat 16 Dec
Tbf the size of the Derby isn’t for the media or forums to decide

It’s the fans involved, Ipswich and Norwich will hate each other no different to any other

They probably just haven’t got as many lunatics willing to ruin their lives by punching people in the back of the head
12:36, Sat 16 Dec
Amy T
oswestryblue
gerry1875

Outsiders would probably argue villa are more interested in Wolves than us. Doesn't mean they're right.

Liverpool vs Everton is very obviously one of the biggest in the country.

Doubting any outsider would think that, tbh.
Up the feckin Blues
12:37, Sat 16 Dec
Surely the biggest derby is YOUR derby. Nobody will ever tell me that there is a bigger derby the Blues v Villa. If I lived in Bristol it would be City v Rovers. If I lived in Rome it would be Roma v Lazio. The question’s a bit of a non starter really.
12:37, Sat 16 Dec
Yeah it's nonsense
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023