12:41, Sat 16 Dec
Yes exactly the point I’ve made
12:41, Sat 16 Dec
turley
Surely the biggest derby is YOUR derby. Nobody will ever tell me that there is a bigger derby the Blues v Villa. If I lived in Bristol it would be City v Rovers. If I lived in Rome it would be Roma v Lazio. The question’s a bit of a non starter really.

Yeah, agreed.
Up the feckin Blues
12:59, Sat 16 Dec
Bluesince62
turley
Surely the biggest derby is YOUR derby. Nobody will ever tell me that there is a bigger derby the Blues v Villa. If I lived in Bristol it would be City v Rovers. If I lived in Rome it would be Roma v Lazio. The question’s a bit of a non starter really.

Yeah, agreed.

One of my mates says it’s Halesowen v Stourbridge. I’ve been to a couple and they are lively!
13:02, Sat 16 Dec
Its one of the most futile arguments in football. Almost as bad as ‘which club is bigger’.
13:15, Sat 16 Dec
It’s not even a Derby.

Ffs
15:28, Sat 16 Dec
This
17:30, Sat 16 Dec
Cumnock v Auchinleck Talbot
oswestryblue
There might be bigger derbys, but ours is the biggest cross city derby in England. Absolutely no doubt about that

Have a look at Davos diaries v villa in 2011. Dont look a big derby to me, lower GM spase, 21k or something like that.

Wouldnt be impressed if i was an outsider looking in

Sheffield derby looks as big as Blues/villa both on and off the pitch
18:27, Sat 16 Dec
Tamworth vs Nuneaton
I could be wrong, but weren’t the GM lower empty for that game in 2011 due to police restrictions, given the riot that happened in the cup a month earlier?
18:36, Sat 16 Dec
There was a lower capacity but it didn’t sell out very much down to the trouble a few weeks before
Tony Fantastico
06:46, Sun 17 Dec
Honestly, every one thinks their derby is the biggest. Even Torquay and Exeter fans think their derby is the bogs dollocks (and it does pull in the crowds, and can get spicy).

And who can blame them? I think Blues and Vile is huge, why? Because I'm proppa bluez and, and to add spice for me, I haven't witnessed us beat them for 12 years now. So it is going to be so so sweet when we finally get one over them.

Plus, they've ALWAYS been intimidated by us (You only have to look at their reaction to Knighhead). They've ALWAYS been jealous of our humour, our songs, our carrying the city's name.

Every derby has the capacity to get heated. And which is the biggest it very uninteresting and a boring discussion, because every derby is unique.
'I truly believe that at some point during his Pompey tenure, Cotterill stated into the abyss and was met, after a time, with the gentlest of breezes and carried upon that breeze was a tiny, sweet voice, whispering "Everyone knows you're a ****". Over and over and over.' - The Secret Footballer, on Steve Cotterill.
07:04, Sun 17 Dec
What has been their reaction to Knighthead, not really seen anything.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
Plus, they've ALWAYS been intimidated by us (You only have to look at their reaction to Knighhead). They've ALWAYS been jealous of our humour, our songs, our carrying the city's name.

In your mind, maybe. Intimidated by what, exactly? A fat idiot running on the pitch.

Our derby is tame. Exeter v Plymouth has got more spice and burnley v blackburn has 10 times more history.
07:34, Sun 17 Dec
I’m sorry but those examples are in your mind I can’t take you seriously when you cite those Derby’s as bigger than ours.