09:44, Sun 17 Dec
Christmas Day on BBC 2 at 10.25pm Caroline Aherne: Queen of Comedy.

Meanwhile here’s a great article on an absolute legend, and one of life’s good ones gone too soon. 7 years already. Sad. I loved her work
[www.theguardian.com]
Tony Fantastico
10:27, Sun 17 Dec
What a read that was. She was incredible.
Tam
11:24, Sun 17 Dec
What a brilliant article - thanks for sharing. I was bit choked up reading that, but one line that stopped me in my tracks (as I hadn't heard it before) was the question to Bernard Manning: “Bernard, who will you vote for now Hitler’s dead?”

Just wow. 😁
Make Blues Great Again
11:36, Sun 17 Dec
Excellent read that.
11:41, Sun 17 Dec
Tam
Tam
What a brilliant article - thanks for sharing. I was bit choked up reading that, but one line that stopped me in my tracks (as I hadn't heard it before) was the question to Bernard Manning: “Bernard, who will you vote for now Hitler’s dead?”

Just wow. 😁
She was a troubled genius and another example of how scummy our press are
Tony Fantastico
11:44, Sun 17 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
Tam

Just wow. 😁
She was a troubled genius and another example of how scummy our press are

In regards to the press - 100% this!
14:06, Sun 17 Dec
Fantastic read that. Thanks for posting 👍
We've only got Chewits
15:19, Sun 17 Dec
What a read that was. She was incredible.

The Royle Family was incredibly successful and it doesn't make any sense as to why one of Cash's other great works (Early Doors) didn't get a 3rd series.

Aherne was equal to the best in her era for me, although Peter Hook would have her down as slightly more than troubled.
16:26, Sun 17 Dec
Superb article, thanks for posting.
16:26, Sun 17 Dec
That was a great read. Thanks for sharing.👍
"Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men, for the nastiest of reasons, will somehow work together for the benefit of all".
J.M. Keynes.
She was brilliant, gone far too soon.
Up the feckin Blues
Not just royle family remember she writ most of the first series of early doors.
I must admit I didn't really appreciate the first series or 2 of royle family, it was all to close to home.
I hated Jim as he reminded me of what my dad turned into and Denise was my sister in law incarnate - such a lazy cow. And the situation on the sofa was just normal shit.
Sign of good actors I suppose.

What I never understood was why Craig cash character went from a bit of a lad to thick as pig shit.
That's a little like Trigger in Only Fools, just seemed any other spiv in the first episode or so.
Liam daish and his trumpet
Not just royle family remember she writ most of the first series of early doors.
I must admit I didn't really appreciate the first series or 2 of royle family, it was all to close to home.
I hated Jim as he reminded me of what my dad turned into and Denise was my sister in law incarnate - such a lazy cow. And the situation on the sofa was just normal shit.
Sign of good actors I suppose.

What I never understood was why Craig cash character went from a bit of a lad to thick as pig shit.

Might be a bit controversial, but I think Early Doors pissed all over the Royle family (good as it was).
Up the feckin Blues
Early Doors ran for longer so is harder to sustain the greatness, but both highlighted the brilliance, warmth and wit of the working class, as well as the streetwise loveable rogue side at times.
All my favourite do tbf. Auf Pet, Porridge, OFAH etc
Tony Fantastico