22:42, Sun 17 Dec
Watching The Royle Family now on Gold. What a cast. Perfect
Tony Fantastico
08:20, Mon 18 Dec
Early Doors ran for longer so is harder to sustain the greatness, but both highlighted the brilliance, warmth and wit of the working class, as well as the streetwise loveable rogue side at times.
All my favourite do tbf. Auf Pet, Porridge, OFAH etc

Early doors ran for 2 series (12 episodes) and Royle Family ran for 3 series + specials.
09:06, Mon 18 Dec
Miguelagenn
Early Doors ran for longer so is harder to sustain the greatness, but both highlighted the brilliance, warmth and wit of the working class, as well as the streetwise loveable rogue side at times.
All my favourite do tbf. Auf Pet, Porridge, OFAH etc

Early doors ran for 2 series (12 episodes) and Royle Family ran for 3 series + specials.
Sorry meant to say Royle Family ran for longer to counter BS62’s argument. Think there was close to 30 episodes of it altogether
Tony Fantastico
11:03, Mon 18 Dec
Miguelagenn
Aherne was equal to the best in her era for me, although Peter Hook would have her down as slightly more than troubled.

Quite. Love Aherne's work, an amazing talent, gone too soon. Think the airbrushing out of domestic violence is grim (referring to her divorce from Hook as 'acrimonious' in the Guardian article is bullcrap) and should be highlighted no matter how brilliant the accused is.
11:15, Mon 18 Dec
Then again she got punched by Hooky when she was trying to break up a fight between him and her new boyfriend, so…
11:48, Mon 18 Dec
[ Think the airbrushing out of domestic violence is grim (referring to her divorce from Hook as 'acrimonious' in the Guardian article is bullcrap) and should be highlighted no matter how brilliant the accused is.

[www.theguardian.com]

Though in fairness to The Grauniad they did run this article.
11:52, Mon 18 Dec
As often in these stories there are other views too.
20:11, Mon 25 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
Christmas Day on BBC 2 at 10.25pm Caroline Aherne: Queen of Comedy.

Meanwhile here’s a great article on an absolute legend, and one of life’s good ones gone too soon. 7 years already. Sad. I loved her work
[www.theguardian.com]
Reminder the night starts at 9 with Ricky Tomlinson remembering the Royle Family. Enjoy. BBC2 until after midnight with an episode each of the The Royle Family, Mrs Merton Show and The Fast Show.
Hope it’s a nice end to a good day
Tony Fantastico
21:55, Mon 25 Dec
'Denise are you sure it wasn't just a great big piss'
All brilliant, but I've just watched a couple of Father Ted's and am all laughed out.
Going to sleep the day off ready for a day of wall to wall football tomorrow.
Life's good. Enjoy it all.
Up the feckin Blues
22:12, Mon 25 Dec
sheffield blue
'Denise are you sure it wasn't just a great big piss'
😁
Tony Fantastico
09:32, Tue 26 Dec
What a wonderful, funny, heartwarming programme. An absolute comedy genius
Jim Royle “I paid a pound for these pants and 50p of them is stuck up me arse!”
09:36, Tue 26 Dec
Yeah watched it. Brilliant. You can tell how loved she was by everyone.
The clip of Mrs Merton with Chris Eubank still makes my toes curl 😬
09:38, Tue 26 Dec
I watched it all. Brilliant. She was so talented.
Never seen the Mrs Merton Bernard Manning one before. She really showed him up to be the nasty, racist idiot he was/is.
10:05, Tue 26 Dec
PRBlue
I watched it all. Brilliant. She was so talented.
Never seen the Mrs Merton Bernard Manning one before. She really showed him up to be the nasty, racist idiot he was/is.

Died in 2007
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.