08:40, Mon 18 Dec
I don't think that Blues' support and fund raising for kids in care will end there.
Fairly sure that other charitable initiatives will follow.
Maybe free tickets for a 3.00 pm kick off game as spring arrives.
Not ITK but don't give up !
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
09:17, Mon 18 Dec
should get te kids to move to tamworth - there is a local church who have put out an initiative gauranteeing kids in need 'at least £100 pounds worth of toys at Christmas.'
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
09:21, Mon 18 Dec
CVBlue19
Our ticket sales are a total let to our new owners.

They have invested a mega amount of money to get our ground open and for what reason.

We desperately need to improve our ticket sales at St Andrews.

We are not anywhere near a big club in support terms.

Been done a million times.

Tickets are expensive and it's close to Christmas; people won't spend money they're not sure they have on a team they're not sure will play good football.
09:31, Mon 18 Dec
foghorn leghorn
We desperately need to improve our ticket sales at St Andrews.

The owners won't be losing any sleep over ticket sales, so don't work yourself into a lather.

Push into the play offs and we put another 5,000 bums on seats. Drop into the bottom 6 and we'll shed 5,000 off the gate.

Personally, I would've given out tickets to all of the care home kids, instead of just a cheap tat water bottle or a Bronx hat.

exactly this- and one of the main reasons why they are chasing other revenue streams rather than hope they can fill the stadium each week. They recognise it will take time to build back our fan base.
mad
10:28, Mon 18 Dec
Crowds will pick up in the new year and especially the spring. Wouldn't be surprised if we got close to complete sell outs for one or two games down the stretch it should feel like that Fulham home game when Harlee Dean scored the winner. Also helps if Sky leave us alone for a few weeks and we get to play matches on Saturdays. Now the novelty of Rooney has worn off hopefully this will occur

Remember Leeds ten years ago their crowds weren't up to much and they're meant to be waaaaay bigger than us
19,000 I think they got when Zigic stuck 4 past them so these things are often cyclical and having just checked they got 17,000 for several midweek matches the season after and only averaged 21k that season

The new ownership seem well aware of the little things they can do to grow local support so that we can get to a less fickle more stoic local support base like they've had up at Sunderland since their new stadium went up
10:36, Mon 18 Dec
mad
The key is to just shift season tickets really. Once you get out of the habit of going evrey week, it's dead easy to think nah can't be arsed today.

Make season tickets dirt cheap, give them away with boxes of Rice Crispies or summat. Just get them out there and people will soon get back into the habit.
10:43, Mon 18 Dec
mad
Remember Forest getting 19 k average in 2016.

They made their ST price a hundred quid for 1 adult and 1 child for any seats in the ground.
Next season they averaged 24 k and since then it was 27-28 k with a fair amount of sold out matches included.

They had the vision, took a gamble and it worked out pretty well for them, in the end.
10:47, Mon 18 Dec
Absolutely this - loads of games i wouldn't have gone to if i had to put my hand into pocket to buy a match ticket over last few seasons.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
10:55, Mon 18 Dec
Confuses me that some folk assume we're essentially overnight going to start getting 25000+ crowds after a decade of rot.
10:58, Mon 18 Dec
Build it and they will come, the product isn't there yet. Win a few games and people come flying back.
11:02, Mon 18 Dec
Mister Mutley

I think car parking is quite an issue keeping quite a few away.

For sure. If you live on the south side of the city the nearest on street parking to St Andrews used to be in and around Alcester Street. That’s no longer the case, BCC have made all on street parking in and around that area residents only 8am - 6pm seven days a week. I now have a 40 min each way walk and it would undoubtedly make many think twice.

The ridiculous thing is these spaces are rarely used by those they’re reserved for. I’ve contacted David Brown at BCFC, they’re taking it up with BCC.
11:19, Mon 18 Dec
foghorn leghorn
Personally, I would've given out tickets to all of the care home kids, instead of just a cheap tat water bottle or a Bronx hat.

Haven't they been through enough?
11:33, Mon 18 Dec
I have mentioned the parking a few times and I apologise if it’s getting repetitive or appearing moany but this season trying to find parking on the streets around the ground has got worse and is getting worse and I do know a few people it is putting off attending who have before. I don’t know whether it’s due to their being more parking restrictions or whether our seemingly less reliable public transport system (train strikes/cancellations etc) means more people are driving in or if there are more activities going on around the ground with the locals as the traffic has got a lot busier too. Never really had any problems before even when we had much bigger attendances back in the day.
12:08, Mon 18 Dec
Basically blame BCC who no longer want cars in the city but have not put in proper
Public Transport infrastructure to replace them.

The Permit parking is brainless, there are no Houses or Business's there so whose
going to buy a permit. If it was pay and display we could park there and the Council
could make money.

Morons
12:19, Mon 18 Dec
foghorn leghorn
Remember Forest getting 19 k average in 2016.

They made their ST price a hundred quid for 1 adult and 1 child for any seats in the ground.
Next season they averaged 24 k and since then it was 27-28 k with a fair amount of sold out matches included.

They had the vision, took a gamble and it worked out pretty well for them, in the end.

Not on confident ground here, so not disagreeing, just curious. I can see the logic of this to fill the ground, but wouldn’t that cause a big hit to our revenue in the medium term, making FFP more of a hurdle in terms of players we can afford to bring in?
I suppose the upside is a big boost to merchandise and match day sales (refreshments, etc). Of course, the main benefit would be a full stadium and a decent atmosphere which itself could improve performances to some extent.

Interesting idea though.
"Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men, for the nastiest of reasons, will somehow work together for the benefit of all".
J.M. Keynes.