21:19, Sun 17 Dec
I know lots of Blues fans that don’t attend games because of various reasons.
I can remember supporting my team through the roughed moments and that’s what being a true supporter is all about.
Low home crowds of 4500 and away following of only 500 but great memories with Gleghorn scoring the winning goal/running into our bunch of supporters away at Huddersfield.

Come on and get your arses in them seats.

We need the fans passion back at St Andrews.
21:22, Sun 17 Dec
Bluesince62
Start winning games and things will change.

This, of course. And when we’re challenging for promotion in a couple of years time -and we will be- the place will be rocking.

In the meantime, for the next few games at least, keep the special offers coming in and kids for a quid. Any extra revenue is better than empty seats.
21:30, Sun 17 Dec
It's barmy to think that Sunderland average 40k at home. Not won anything major since the FA cup in 72/73, yet keep getting good crowds.

Is the cost of living better in Sunderland, so more disposable income, or do they just enjoy throwing money away on the footie?

Having taught in Ward End, I know that iny school of 700+ kids, hardly any (if at all) followed us. Surely more needs to be done in the long term to address this. Whilst the families were poor in general, there were also families who could afford to attend.
21:34, Sun 17 Dec
The toxic atmosphere hasn’t helped, and I don’t mean since Rooney came. It’s been low level toxic for years. A sense of angry entitlement replaced the unrequited love and gallows humour the season Bruce got us relegated. Those days are gone forever. Any full houses and atmosphere will depend on sustained success, that’s the way of the world now. I think it’s imperative that our eventual new stadium is built with everything geared toward making it an intimidating atmosphere for the visiting teams rather than focussing on the corporates and the prawnies.
21:39, Sun 17 Dec
£41.55

/thread
21:41, Sun 17 Dec
Ribeye
Hagley Blue
We’ve never been that big a club, people need to accept it. Yes we bear the name the second city, but there are 3 bigger clubs within very close vicinity, and a large amount of the local population who support the big clubs from outside the area.

We need to grow the support. That can happen but it will take time I’m afraid.

You'd call West Brom a bigger club?

Yes. Most of my neutral mates (not from the Midlands) have said the same, back in the day when I was arsed about such things. We have more potential, but we’ve been saying that since I can remember.
21:53, Sun 17 Dec
I know several lapsed fans, I can't encourage them to return whilst we slide down the table playing disjointed football. The club should incentivise season ticket holders to bring their mates back eg discounted tickets for mates, free pint with a ticket..
First thing we need is a winning team on the pitch.
22:12, Sun 17 Dec
I’ve just done my bit by taking a 13 year old to his 1st professional game tomorrow at the Blues.
He supports Liverpool but you can never say never so come on Blues players it’s over to you and win this game.

Our new owners 1st home game against Leeds was electical and a great win.
22:13, Sun 17 Dec
CVBlue19
I’ve just done my bit by taking a 13 year old to his 1st professional game tomorrow at the Blues.
He supports Liverpool but you can never say never so come on Blues players it’s over to you and win this game.

Our new owners 1st home game against Leeds was electical and a great win.

If we all convinced 1 extra person we would sell out every week.
22:17, Sun 17 Dec
Ok let’s try that

Calling Stechyblue, put the pool cue down and get your arse down to St Andrews B9 4RL.
22:18, Sun 17 Dec
And bring the chalk to put on your nose. You’ll love it Stechy
Tony Fantastico
22:21, Sun 17 Dec
I’ve already received a picture of him with a blues scarf so come on you Blues.

KRO and I’ll have him singing SOTV
07:35, Mon 18 Dec
We desperately need to improve our ticket sales at St Andrews.

The owners won't be losing any sleep over ticket sales, so don't work yourself into a lather.

Push into the play offs and we put another 5,000 bums on seats. Drop into the bottom 6 and we'll shed 5,000 off the gate.

Personally, I would've given out tickets to all of the care home kids, instead of just a cheap tat water bottle or a Bronx hat.
08:09, Mon 18 Dec
foghorn leghorn
We desperately need to improve our ticket sales at St Andrews.

The owners won't be losing any sleep over ticket sales, so don't work yourself into a lather.

Push into the play offs and we put another 5,000 bums on seats. Drop into the bottom 6 and we'll shed 5,000 off the gate.

Personally, I would've given out tickets to all of the care home kids, instead of just a cheap tat water bottle or a Bronx hat.

Seems you've fully understood what Blues did last week.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
08:32, Mon 18 Dec
For all the fanfare around the announcements you can imagine my dismay when I learned that all the kids in care would receive was a 20 p water bottle, or a 50 p hat.

That is remarkable value for the PR that Knighthead have garnered from the exercise.

At least shell out the tickets and put on some busses for the nippers to come down the ground