Re: JJ

08:51, Tue 19 Dec
Ricky Blotto
How good is he going to be? His progress this year had been fantastic. He's genuinely our best player.

Rooney tells him to push forward more and add goals to his game, and he smashes in two against the league leaders.

His passing, movement and first touch is also better than the rest of the teams' - most good things we do flow through him.

So not to overdo it, but is he a Prem player one day?

I’ll admit last season I didn’t think he should be a starter. This year he would be the midfielder I build around he has everything we have been looking for in a midfielder for years.
09:49, Tue 19 Dec
Growing in confidence by the game, starting to out perform the seasoned pro's around him

Cant remember him losing the ball once last night v a very good team

First touch has improved massively and he is not afraid to pick a pass, takes his chances as well

Re: JJ

11:21, Tue 19 Dec
David Xavis
Rooney has brought out the best in him, he is absolutely fantastic. Get him tied down long term

The formation change has been brilliant for James. In the 4-2-3-1 he's either sitting too deep, or asked to do a wide attacking role that doesn't suit. He's made for a 4-3-3....great engine, box to box, touch, technique, long range shooting (as demonstrated pre-Rooney) and an eye for a goal.

Plenty have regressed but Rooney and his staff deserve credit for bringing James on, and for the first time in forever I'm not thinking about us inevitably having to sell him when the first offer comes in
11:58, Tue 19 Dec
If Wales qualify and he plays at the euros then his value will shoot up.

Sell him on and free up the funds for the rooney revolution.
11:58, Tue 19 Dec
Iain_Gavin
David Xavis
Rooney has brought out the best in him, he is absolutely fantastic. Get him tied down long term

The formation change has been brilliant for James. In the 4-2-3-1 he's either sitting too deep, or asked to do a wide attacking role that doesn't suit. He's made for a 4-3-3....great engine, box to box, touch, technique, long range shooting (as demonstrated pre-Rooney) and an eye for a goal.

Plenty have regressed but Rooney and his staff deserve credit for bringing James on, and for the first time in forever I'm not thinking about us inevitably having to sell him when the first offer comes in

Glad it's not just me who thinks James has benefitted from this change in formation.
12:03, Tue 19 Dec
Yeah he seems very much a box to box midfielder to me, which a 4-2-3-1 doesn't utilise.

His development has been astonishing - if I recall he wasn't particularly highly rated in the acadey setup, and Bowyer only called him into training to make the numbers up and was impressed. I know a lad who played against him a couple of times in the Birmingham Senior Cup, and they were laughing saying he wouldn't even get in their team (step 4) but he's such a good player.
13:06, Tue 19 Dec
What I like about James which Bowyer commented on was that he's a bit of throwback in the sense that players coming through academies all want the ball into feet whereas JJ is happy to take the ball making forward runs. Much like Bowyer himself back in the day.
17:35, Tue 19 Dec
Did try and highlight his promise probably 18 months ago on here as he made a few cameo appearances. He goes about his business in a no-nonsense determined fashion.
John Eustace probably had mixed feelings about giving him more and more responsibility but it's good to see Rooney helping him blossom. To be fair to the Wales manager and coaches they've also fast tracked him.
He's still quiet but he's been increasingly influential around the first team squad. Growing stronger and displaying more and more confidence.
There's loads more to come from him !!
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
17:40, Tue 19 Dec
Did try and highlight his promise probably 18 months ago on here as he made a few cameo appearances. He goes about his business in a no-nonsense determined fashion.
John Eustace probably had mixed feelings about giving him more and more responsibility but it's good to see Rooney helping him blossom. To be fair to the Wales manager and coaches they've also fast tracked him.
He's still quiet but he's been increasingly influential around the first team squad. Growing stronger and displaying more and more confidence.

To be fair to Villa John he was probably protecting him a bit. He’s put a bit of bulk on now, but he looked very much like a kid last year. Don’t want to knacker him before he’s started. Definitely will captain someone, hopefully us.
17:47, Tue 19 Dec
Tha Project OBE

To be fair to Villa John he was probably protecting him a bit. He’s put a bit of bulk on now, but he looked very much like a kid last year. Don’t want to knacker him before he’s started. Definitely will captain someone, hopefully us.

Yep that's possible but there was also an element of Eustace playing him in a role which didn't really allow him to showcase his strengths. Rooney's encouraged him and shown faith in his ability as he gets stronger. He's got plenty of bottle !
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
18:04, Tue 19 Dec
ye it was said at the time he definitely wasn't a winger.

Sunjic and Bielik started the season very well though so hard to say he should have displaced one of them in Eustace's system.

chuffed for the kid, seems a well grounded lad, i'd imagine last year with Deeney probably helped him a lot too.