12:41, Thu 21 Dec
Yep, agree also.
Up the feckin Blues
13:10, Thu 21 Dec
El Mayor
IMO Jobe did the right thing for himself and for Blues ultimately. I think the change in clubs will help him realise his full potential, as it has lifted some of the burden of expectation from his shoulders. It's also allowed the club to move forwards as well, which was necessary.

How has it lifted some of the burden?
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
13:28, Thu 21 Dec
I don’t really understand this. I know there were plenty of concerned citizens doubting his ability on message boards, but surely he’s been taught that people who post on message boards are worthless idiots.

Who placed this burden upon his shoulders? His name means he will be compared to his brother wherever he goes. If he was unhappy at Blues, what was making him unhappy?

I just don’t get it. There’s more to it than meets the eye.
14:01, Thu 21 Dec
At that time he felt he wasn't going to make the progress he needed to.

Ironically, I think he'd thrive now.
14:08, Thu 21 Dec
Not in the know but it felt like:

Dad fell out with the club because he wasn't getting the games promised;

All his academy carers were at Sunderland;

He was going to get his games at Sunderland;

Will always be compared to his brother but definitely more so at Blues;

Not as big a Blues fan as Jude.

It's definitely been a great move for him, not sure about Blues, if we get a decent sell on I suppose that will sugar the pill but I'm disappointed, similar feelings as when AJ moved.
14:08, Thu 21 Dec
Falstaff
I think Jobe will be an England striker. Could be great. Best of luck to him.
I don’t see him playing striker. Looks an attacking midfielder to me
Tony Fantastico
14:09, Thu 21 Dec
Tha Project OBE
I don’t really understand this. I know there were plenty of concerned citizens doubting his ability on message boards, but surely he’s been taught that people who post on message boards are worthless idiots.

Who placed this burden upon his shoulders? His name means he will be compared to his brother wherever he goes. If he was unhappy at Blues, what was making him unhappy?

I just don’t get it. There’s more to it than meets the eye.

Sometimes you just need a fresh start at a new club. And being in a new city probably helps too. Combine that with the Speakman connection and I can see why he took it.
LBN
16:16, Thu 21 Dec
WomTagner
Real Madrid and Chelsea in for him, hopefully a decent fee we've got a sell on clause in place

do we actually have a sell on clause? I'm sure I remember reading on here we didn't, they went on to say 'that's fine because the Bellinghams owe us nothing'
16:46, Thu 21 Dec
JohnP
Not in the know but it felt like:

Dad fell out with the club because he wasn't getting the games promised;

All his academy carers were at Sunderland;

He was going to get his games at Sunderland;

Will always be compared to his brother but definitely more so at Blues;

Not as big a Blues fan as Jude.

It's definitely been a great move for him, not sure about Blues, if we get a decent sell on I suppose that will sugar the pill but I'm disappointed, similar feelings as when AJ moved.

This bit I don't buy at all. Both of them have to prioritise their careers.

Jude was thrust into the spotlight, more confident, more communicative than Jobe was at 16. Nothing wrong with Jobe on that front, they're different characters. I don't doubt Jude's credentials as a Blues fan at all but I think it's easy to say loads of things like 'I would die for this club' when you know you're leaving to a top european club. They had us over a barrel in Jude's case whereas with Jobe they had to be more forceful to get what they want.

Their dad is their agent and ultimately would have been in Jude's ear if he felt like we were in his way.
17:09, Thu 21 Dec
LBN
LBN
WomTagner
Real Madrid and Chelsea in for him, hopefully a decent fee we've got a sell on clause in place

do we actually have a sell on clause? I'm sure I remember reading on here we didn't, they went on to say 'that's fine because the Bellinghams owe us nothing'

I don't remember that at all. We will definitely have a sell on clause.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
17:34, Thu 21 Dec
Yeah deffo, a chunky one too I’d think
Happy Clapper
18:02, Thu 21 Dec
Is this chunky clause wearing a red suit?