18:47, Sun 24 Dec
Felix1875
Le Mod
newblue
Le Mod
It was always extremely unlikely to be overturned

Of course but that doesn’t make it any more acceptable. Incompetent buffoon of a ref costs us 2 points and a player for 3 games.

He left the ground with two feet, the EFL were always going to look at it and say, “yeah we can see why you gave a red” and move on.

“Left the ground with two feet” - it’s impossible to run without both feet leaving the ground, If you look at still images of most tackles both feet leave the ground, just not during contact. That was never a red card - the EFL are so anti Blues it’d be worth having VAR in the Championship just to give us a chance (or at least make it harder for them to rob us). So many games this season we’ve been on the wrong end of decisions.

The paranoia on this thread is ridiculous.

The EFL do not appoint refs, PGMOL do.

If they hated us Dembele would have got a retrospective red card cos he could have been sent off.

Honestly, it’s tiring.
18:51, Sun 24 Dec
El Mayor
Felix1875
Le Mod
newblue
Le Mod

Of course but that doesn’t make it any more acceptable. Incompetent buffoon of a ref costs us 2 points and a player for 3 games.

He left the ground with two feet, the EFL were always going to look at it and say, “yeah we can see why you gave a red” and move on.

“Left the ground with two feet” - it’s impossible to run without both feet leaving the ground, If you look at still images of most tackles both feet leave the ground, just not during contact. That was never a red card - the EFL are so anti Blues it’d be worth having VAR in the Championship just to give us a chance (or at least make it harder for them to rob us). So many games this season we’ve been on the wrong end of decisions.

The paranoia on this thread is ridiculous.

The EFL do not appoint refs, PGMOL do.

If they hated us Dembele would have got a retrospective red card cos he could have been sent off.

Honestly, it’s tiring.

Agreed. It's pathetic.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
18:53, Sun 24 Dec
Felix1875
Le Mod
newblue
Le Mod

Both feet left the ground means both facing forward, towards the ball/man.he did pull the one back in slightly but there is a moment both are almost together
19:06, Sun 24 Dec
Gary Gardner masterclass in coming on Boxing Day.

Shouldn’t change JJ position as he is doing great there
19:11, Sun 24 Dec
But that moment was well before the tackle and at that time his leading foot was also not off the ground.

I accept that prior to the contact it looked out of control but by the time of the tackle that was not the case.

A hard tackle but not out of control and not endangering an opponent.
19:13, Sun 24 Dec
Incredible decision to uphold it. But i suppose thats the problem with it being Christmas Eve, they all wanted to get home quickly. Utterly inept, Plymouth fans must still be laughing.
19:39, Sun 24 Dec
It's also an atrocious decision following an atrocious decision that basically condemns all fans as clueless idiots. It's towering arrogance from people unfit to run the game.
19:59, Sun 24 Dec
Red card apart , I thought Beilek would be one of our players to flourish under Rooney and co.
It just hasn’t happened ( yet )
20:07, Sun 24 Dec
It is. I’m not paranoid about being picked on but these decisions (the original and the inevitable upholding of it) are indeed pathetic.I think it’s fair enough people saying it’s a bit daft to think there is a vendetta against us or something, but others saying it gave the ref a chance to send him off and it was dangerous is just bewildering to me. Do we have a game without tackling? Not quite as bad as that no penalty against Burke at Southampton but not far off. We should expect better.
20:21, Sun 24 Dec
I didn’t think that Bielek needed to dive in like he did. It wasn’t a red but if he stayed on his feet the Plymouth player wasn’t going anywhere
20:41, Sun 24 Dec
Was watching Plymouth's TV channel at the time as hadn't switched across to Blues TV as had only just got in. Their commentators didn't think it was a red card at all.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
21:43, Sun 24 Dec
I don't think it was ever a red but football is a very different game in 2023. I think even if VAR was involved it would have been upheld.

I always think the reactions of players / coaching staff says a lot. Their players were after it straight away while ours were aware a red was coming. Rooney, Cole etc, a few yards away, didn't react.

I think there is a massive emphasis on player safety these days and that is probably why the ref gave a red.
22:04, Sun 24 Dec
Andy62
I didn’t think that Bielek needed to dive in like he did. It wasn’t a red but if he stayed on his feet the Plymouth player wasn’t going anywhere

I think that language of ‘diving in’ is wrong. He didn’t ‘dive in’, he tackled. Nowhere in the laws of the game does it say you must stay on your feet when tackling. There were probably ten other tackles at least like it in the game. Like the last ditch one by Sanderson in the first half.
22:11, Sun 24 Dec
The 4th official made the decision by all accounts.

The two feet were off the ground facing towards him.

The fact they were not in the direction of any player doesn’t seem to be in his mindset. Poor interpretation of a rule.

Not a red card for me. Probably not a foul he made no contact. The Plymouth player came into him slightly late and from the side.

Beilik had his teeth knocked out by a foot 6 feet high least season. Which was most certainly dangerous play. He probably feels a little aggrieved.
22:42, Sun 24 Dec
DvB Bannan did a much worse challenge on Dembele recently and only got a yellow.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.