11:36, Mon 25 Dec
Sweepover has the monopoly on that the big girl.

Merry Christmas Sweepover
17:51, Mon 25 Dec

Just in case anyone's wondering, a couple of weeks ago,Thongs (the greatest Blues fan ever) posted another members IP address behaving like a Snake and made a comment about where this member worked, I thought this was beyond the pale so I reported him.

Sweepover is unrepentant for the record.

Merry Christmas you piece of work you,go and count your pubic hair collection.
18:22, Mon 25 Dec
What the dinosaur Sweepover didn’t relalise was that the IP address was located in Mostar, Bosnia where villa were playing that day.

A joke I wouldn’t expect this joy hoover to find funny.

No need for the abuse.
21:46, Mon 25 Dec
Sweepover

Just in case anyone's wondering, a couple of weeks ago,Thongs (the greatest Blues fan ever) posted another members IP address behaving like a Snake and made a comment about where this member worked, I thought this was beyond the pale so I reported him.

As I said at the time Sweeps, some people take the internet way too seriously. It was an obvious joke…
22:31, Mon 25 Dec
Sweepover

As I said at the time Sweeps, some people take the internet way too seriously. It was an obvious joke…

Yeah you're probably right,I've misread this one, apologies Thongs.
23:27, Mon 25 Dec
No bother

All the best
11:25, Tue 26 Dec
Slimming World. Seen a lot of successes and fairly easy to follow and maintain.
11:26, Tue 26 Dec
Benny Kurns
I need to get myself sorted as I have been diagnosed as pre diabetic and have high blood pressure.

What have you done with success?

Low carb, mediterranean,slimfast?

Keto Diet. it works like magic.

11:43, Tue 26 Dec
Recommending keto diets for diabetics can be very dangerous.

If it were simply about losing weight then maybe, but there are other risks when trying to avoid type 2 diabetes.

They found that keto diets don't allow the body to properly use insulin, so blood sugar isn't properly controlled. That leads to insulin resistance, which can raise the risk for type 2 diabetes.

Messing about with the liver's resistence to insulin isn't a good idea.

I'm a type 1 diabetic (genetic) and it's took me a very long time to come to terms with how the body (and my body) copes with carbs and to manage glucose levels effectively.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
11:51, Tue 26 Dec
I’m going to repeat.

Don’t pay any attention to bloody halfwits on here!!!!
11:58, Tue 26 Dec
Hmmm that's interesting Ian coz I used to work with a woman who was T1D and she was advised by both her GP and her diabetes consultant to try the keto diet as a way to control her diabetes so different people seem to be receiving different advice, which is obviously far from ideal.

Going back to the OPs question the main thing you have to do is ensure your calorific intake is less than you expend - if you do that then you'll lose weight.

Things like cutting down the booze, cutting out crisps, sweets, chocolate etc are all removing stuff which isn't really 'food' just empty calories.

I think studies have shown that none of the 'fad' diets really work any better than any of the others so which one you pick to shift the weight initially is a matter of personal choice.

Unfortunately most people (myself included) normally lapse back into bad old habits once they've lost the weight and it creeps back on - if you are someone who has a propensity to put on excess weight then you have to regard it as a permanent life style change you need to make and not a 'quick fix' just before you go on holiday etc

A good way to cut down on empty calorie intake is if you are tempted then have a look at the calories on the back of the packet and then work out how many hours of brisk walking/ running/ cycling/ swimming/ gym work its going to take to shift it - the easiest calorie to lose is the one you didn't eat!
12:09, Tue 26 Dec
Hmmm that's interesting Ian coz I used to work with a woman who was T1D and she was advised by both her GP and her diabetes consultant to try the keto diet as a way to control her diabetes so different people seem to be receiving different advice, which is obviously far from ideal.

Yep, that certainly used to be case but more recent research has suggested that it's not quite so simple.

I've done it myself in the past, but we're talking about someone who is pre-diabetic. Anything that makes him more sensitive to insulin levels at this stage, and particularly the liver's resistance to insulin, isn't a path that should be taken without proper professional medical advice.

I'm not saying it wouldn't help, just that there appear to be dangers.

Anyway, I'm with FB here, avoid trying to cope with this through advice given on social media and youtube. Talk to a professional.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
12:29, Tue 26 Dec
Thanks everyone. It starts today!
12:50, Tue 26 Dec
I'd leave it until NYD if anything pal
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
12:57, Tue 26 Dec
Nikola Zigic
I'd leave it until NYD if anything pal

That’s what I’m going by to do.

I’m type 2, and was diagnosed just over 6 months back. In terms of changing diet, I’ve done eff all.
I did start exercising down the gym and saw some good progress for someone who’s not exercised for about 5 years. But I lost momentum and my work tends to get in the way.

The intermittent fasting thing is something that you see all over the place nowadays, so I’m contemplating that, combined with Slimming World in the New Year. I could do with shifting 2 stone. I also need to cut right back on sugar. I rarely drink so that’s no problem.

As a type 2, I find that whether I eat well or not, I’m falling asleep sometimes several times a day. That’s needs to stop
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates -

17 Feb - Theatre Severn, Shrewsbury
2 Mar - Taachi Morris Arts Centre, Taunton
30 Mar - Prince Of Wales Theatre, Cannock
20 Apr - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton on Trent
7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield