08:00, Wed 27 Dec
Wayne Rooney reacts to Blues' defeat Head over to BluesTV to subscribe and never miss another Blues video: ...

08:18, Wed 27 Dec
They're the same type of goals being shipped every week. Can't he see that ffs?
08:28, Wed 27 Dec
Common denominator is poor goalkeeping and poor in central defensive areas.

Add to that our two best full backs are missing the picture becomes clearer.

Wayne might have to take some flak but it’s not entirely down to him.

Some of these players were here last season after Xmas when we won once in 13 games. It was an awful run of results.

We also don’t have a Trusty.
08:30, Wed 27 Dec
There was a thread on here when some were glad we signed Sanderson over Trusty. I take no pleasure in thinking they were nuts at the time
Tony Fantastico
08:32, Wed 27 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
There was a thread on here when some were glad we signed Sanderson over Trusty. I take no pleasure in thinking they were nuts at the time

I think any defender would be exposed in this system tbh
08:34, Wed 27 Dec
Unbelievable 😳
08:43, Wed 27 Dec
So change the system if that's the case. It's hard to remember a time when we looked so easy to score against. Stoke could have easily had 6 and that's a team who hadn't won for 9 games.
08:52, Wed 27 Dec
David Xavis
Rab C Nesbitt

I think any defender would be exposed in this system tbh

They would be exposed but some would rise to the challenge and it doesn’t appear Sanderson is doing so at the moment. He looks a bit lost and is making some bizarre decisions like that 2nd goal where he didn’t try and close down the runner.
08:53, Wed 27 Dec
Change the system to what? We are already playing 5 midfielders. We don’t have another recognised central defender so aside from putting Bacuna at right back and Aiwu in a 3 or dropping one of our attacking midfielders and putting Gardener in I am at a loss?

All this to protect Sanderson and co?

Better idea it is January in a few days, invest somehow in a couple of new centre backs
08:56, Wed 27 Dec
The spine of the team is poor, weak both physically and mentally. Confidence is broken and it takes time to build it up back.

A change of system might work like it did for Eustace, when he changed from 352 to 4231. He was having a dreadful time until he made the changes.
08:57, Wed 27 Dec
He seems to be changing all sorts of things every game, but one thing doesn't change - the setups are all so defensively weak that we concede lots of goals that are easy for the opposition to score. At times yesterday (in certain pitch areas) we looked like the opposite of a 'front-footed' pressing team where we just stood off the man on the ball and let him have all the time in the world to play the ball. It's hard to understand what we're trying to do, unless the objective is to try to lose the game but it does seem as though it's the way that they're being told to play/defend rather than the players themselves just being poor. The full backs are out of position most of the time.
08:58, Wed 27 Dec
Buy him new centre backs but we will still have defensive issues, none of the top teams in our league play this way.
Happy Clapper
09:05, Wed 27 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt

Sanderson who led the second best defence in the division prior to the appointment of Rooney?
09:07, Wed 27 Dec
Yes, you could have Sanderson, Trusty or even fecking van Dijk at the back and we’d still get pumped with the suicidal tactics.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
09:14, Wed 27 Dec
Clapton
Wayne might have to take some flak but it’s not entirely down to him.
It really is down to him, he's had enough time now to sort this out and we're getting no better defensively still

We were relatively sound at the back before he came in

If we had a decent manager we wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as this at the back I'm certain of it

Bristol scored 4 against Watford yesterday, if they do their homework on us they'll probably score 4 more again on Friday