09:20, Wed 27 Dec
Newbs
Rab C Nesbitt
There was a thread on here when some were glad we signed Sanderson over Trusty. I take no pleasure in thinking they were nuts at the time

Sanderson who led the second best defence in the division prior to the appointment of Rooney?
Small sample size. You really think Sanderson is better than Trusty?
Tony Fantastico
09:25, Wed 27 Dec
You mean we are conceding goals when we are essentially leaving two people exposed CONSTANTLY and a having to rely on a keeper who’s had better days.

Imagine that happening for 12/13 games and still sticking with it.

Yes players are being criticised but eff me Wayne, have a think about how to getting the best out of lower mid table at best players.

This team cannot play the way you want them to.
09:26, Wed 27 Dec
Trusty was never in reach financially
Rab C Nesbitt
There was a thread on here when some were glad we signed Sanderson over Trusty. I take no pleasure in thinking they were nuts at the time

Did we ever have the chance to sign him? once Sheffield were in he wouldn't come to us anyway I'd have thought. Vaguely remember the thread though.
Up the feckin Blues
09:28, Wed 27 Dec
Replaced their manager after us too
Trusty was 5m quid. We never had a chance
09:35, Wed 27 Dec
My Blue Heaven
Trusty was never in reach financially
Mayor said he was gettablelast season I’m sure.
And tbf the question was who was better. Some were adamant it was Sanderson
Tony Fantastico
09:40, Wed 27 Dec
We had a small window to get him but it wasn’t the summer, it was last Jan. Hindsight tells us we should’ve had but in the summer we didn’t have a sniff

He’s clearly better than Sanderson, it’s why he’s in the prem.

I think most people were fairly happy with Sanderson in both his spells here though tbf. He’s had some good games for us. Crap of late but they all are.

I think it’s sad to see previously popular players now becoming the latest in a long line of Birmingham City players to be blamed for everything that’s wrong. His attitude is being questioned, rightly so are his performances but for me the biggest issue is the kamikaze style of defending across the entire team. Playing full backs 30 yards ahead of defenders and Sunjic as the most advanced midfielder is asking for trouble.

We all want to see progressive and good football but it should be evolution not revolution

Rooney has to take a lot of the blame for this.
09:45, Wed 27 Dec
Umm, so the full backs aren't stuck up the pitch when we inevitably give the ball away, and the opposition run in behind time after time.
My Blue Heaven
We had a small window to get him but it wasn’t the summer, it was last Jan. Hindsight tells us we should’ve had but in the summer we didn’t have a sniff

I think most people were fairly happy with Sanderson in both his spells here though tbf. He’s had some good games for us. Crap of late but they all are.

I think it’s sad to see previously popular players now becoming the latest in a long line of Birmingham City players to be blamed for everything that’s wrong. His attitude is being questioned, rightly so are his performances but for me the biggest issue is the kamikaze style of defending across the entire team. Playing full backs 30 yards ahead of defenders and Sunjic as the most advanced midfielder is asking for trouble.

We all want to see progressive and good football but it should be evolution not revolution

Good post, one thing I'd change though is Rooney takes ALL the blame. He sets us up to play that way, the players just try and implement it - if we haven't got players who can yet, then he has to wait until we do. He can't keep having us so open that shite sides like Stoke can walk through whenever they choose. Leeds will put 6 past us with last nights showing.
Up the feckin Blues
09:55, Wed 27 Dec
My Blue Heaven

Agreed. And to clarify, my stance has always been the manager has to get people playing well consistently. But individual errors like Sandersons for Plymouth’s first can rightly be criticised.
Tony Fantastico
It takes one miss placed pass or ricochet or even being beaten to a head (against a much bigger team- what a shock!) to expose us badly.

The defence have been poor, the keeper has been poor but the manager has been effing shit.

We’ve had a few nice moments and had a couple of decent games, where I thought you know what this is good, a decent glimpse into the future however 13 games is enough for any manager to understand his players. He’s simply got to work with the tools at his disposal now and get us through to the summer unscathed. If it means playing 4231 then so be it

On the plus side, good to see Anderson back
09:59, Wed 27 Dec
Sandersons error at Plymouth was shocking, really poor and to be fair let them into a game we were cruising
10:09, Wed 27 Dec
David Xavis
Rab C Nesbitt

I think any defender would be exposed in this system tbh

Sanderson has been exposed by his own limitations, not by the tactics we are playing. Some really basic errors that shouldn’t be made at this level.

I would accept that the system does leave us vulnerable to the counter attack, but we should have prevented at least two of Stokes goals if Sanderson and Roberts had got the basics right.

I’m frankly quite amazed that we are excusing poor individual performances by blaming Rooney. Any manager would be entitled to expect experienced defenders to do better than they have done in several matches.

I wouldn’t want Sanderson anywhere near the starting eleven for the rest of the season. Must get a replacement in January.
10:33, Wed 27 Dec
Falstaff
I wouldn’t want Sanderson anywhere near the starting eleven for the rest of the season. Must get a replacement in January.

Teams like Man Utd and Man City can apparently bin players (EG Sancho/Phillips) because they have a fallout with the manager or they don't quite fit in. These teams have benches packed with superstars, we don't - our bench has glue factory candidates and kids from the U21s. We are not in the same position to be able bin players we only recently signed. Therefore we need a manager and coaches who can take our existing players and work with them in training to improve them and get them to fit in. If they are having issues, the coaching team need to be able to iron out those issues. If they can't achieve these things, perhaps it's the manager and coaches who need binning.